I am pretty unsure about whether or not I am going to have internet access starting tomorrow. We will have to see how everything goes.
I apologize but I am going to get a little personal here. How old are you? If you are around thirty, this blog post is written specifically for you.
Bucket lists have been huge. And I know they are not as big as they once were, but they are still . If you are around thirty, here are some place you might want to put on your list.
- Don’t you want to see the Taj Mahel? After all, it is one of the seven wonders of the world. Someone built this place to honor his favorite wife after she died giving birth to their fourteenth child. It is recommended to visit this place first thing in the morning because sunrise makes this place spectacular.
- Have you ever visited the Grand Canyon? This is another beautiful place to get to at sunrise. You will want to take a day or more to explore, do some hiking/walking.
- You might want to go to the Great Barrier Reef. This is in Queensland. Here you know will find all ks of sealife.
Let’s get back to discussing tips for traveling with kids.
- First, you might want to consider boarding early. Yes, I know that will make your trip feel that much longer. But doing this will enable everyone to feel more settled in their places. It will be especially helpful if you do not have assigned seats.
- Everyone getting enough rest is essential for a nice, smooth trip. Consider getting a condo. If you are for sure staying in a hotel or resort, consider getting a suite or at least another room.
- Having free breakfast not only cuts down on costs, it also cuts down on stress. This is one meal you’ll know what you’ll be doing and won’t have to have any discussions about.
- I know a lot of people like to just go with the flow while they are on vacation, but some planning is a good idea when you’re traveling with children. You’ll want to try your best to work your children’s sleeping and eating schedules. Not messing with those will help keep everyone happy and on track.
- But you don’t want to overplan your trip, keeping everyone busier than usual.? Children love afternoons at the pool or movie nights.
- You will want to pack everything that you need, but you do not want to overpack. You don’t want to have more to carry than you have to. A lot of places are going to have washers and dryers that you can use.
- If you aren’t going to a resort that has a children’s program, consider bringing a babysitter. It isn’t going to cost that much extra. And vacations are the perfect times to get in some extra dates.
I’ve decided that I like doing two things at once. Sure, writing about what I am learning about in this travel agent school seems to take me a little longer. But we are supposed to get the word out about the things we’re learning, and writing about the things I am learning does help. And since this school has many different courses, I should keep quite busy for a while.
Today we are going to look at the MSC Cruiseline. MSC stands for Mediterranean Shipping Company. MSC strives for excellence in everything that they do, and has won a lot of awards for what they do.
- Where do these cruises go? Basically anywhere you would be interested in traveling to. They do Mexico and the Caribbean, they also do Europe and Asia. They also do an excellent South American cruise.
- Let’s take a closer look at some of what they have to offer. When it comes to food, their specialty is Italian. They have a lot of great pasta dishes. You will be able to get a great pizza any time that you’d like. But Italian isn’t the only cuisine that they have. They have a famous Asian chef that is over their Asian restaurants. And of course, they have a pas chef to make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied.
- MSC has partnered with LEGO to bring children and their families experiences they will never forget. They will have all the supplies that you will need for your baby and toddler that you will need.
- MSC also understands your need to keep up with your fitness program while on board. They will help you create the right exercise program while you are on board. They will also help you come up with healthy menus.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this..
Okay, I know there are ways to book trips on the internet. So why would you need a travel agent? Let’s look at some times you might want to use a travel agent.
- Travel agents are great when you and your extended family are going on a trip together. You have a lot of people, some people may have special needs to figure out..People may need to come and go on different days. There are just a lot of details to figure out.
- You might want to book through a travel agent if you are going to a place you’ve never been. You may have a lot of time to do the necessary research. A travel agent can help you to set everything up. We can figure out your complete itinerary.
- And when you’re planning your honeymoon, you probably want to go through a travel agent. You have a thousand other things you need to plan. And this is a special trip you is really do not to mess up. Let a travel agent handle all the details .
I am going to try to do this, and hopefully I’ll do a better job than I did yesterday.. I’m still doing a lot of experimenting and figuring things out as I go along… x
I think a lot of us like to watch movies when we want to relax. But have you ever wanted to go to the places where specific movies were made? Let’s look at a couple of these today.
- Do you have any Indiana Jones fans in your did you family? You might want to visit Petra, Jordan where these films were made. This has become a popular destination since the films were made.
- Slovenia might be small, but it is where Narnia was made. If I am remembering right, the place has some absolutely gorgeous spots.
Let’s get back to discussing how to plan a great girls’ trip. I have several things I’d like to look into more today, but feel like I need to do the normal things first and just see how the rest of the day goes. Let’s pick up where we left off.
- Some friends don’t need much except to have a place to gather and some nice food to enjoy themselves. Other groups will want to go to some of the more exotic locations. If your group is trying to start their annual trips together, it might be wise to have a gathering and discuss what everyone is thinking as far as overall budget. Is it going to be easier to gather in each other homes, or do people want to mark places off of their bucket lists? One of you might want to play hostess more often than the others to cut down on her costs. You can find solutions that work best for your group.
- If one person is planning the whole thing, this lady will want to give some clues. You might want to get creative with the e-mails you send your group. Some people will go a step farther and send cute little packages to give hints. Groups who are going go somewhere exotic will usually meet at one member’s house, and then they do the reveal at the airport.
- This is a girls’ trip, so you are going want to have comfortable places where ere you can sit and gab. You might want to have one more than one place like this in case your group wants to split up for whatever reason.
- But as much as girls like to just sit and talk, you will want to have a few activities planned. Especially if you are going somewhere you’ve never been, you’ll want to get out and enjoy some of the sights. The planner should have a pretty good idea of the things your group likes to do.
Have you done anything like this? I would love to hear about it.
[Disclaimer : I have never been into video games. I have never enjoyed playing those type games. I hardly know anything about any of those games. I’m just going to tell you what this article says.]
I may not know much about these games, but I know they are pretty popular. I know some children, and adults, absolutely love these games. If they aren’t playing them, they’re thinking about playing these things. So let’s look at some places you can play these games in RL [for those that don’t know, RL is real life].
- The first one is, of course, Mario Brothers. I do remember sitting and watching people playing these games. Who doesn’t dream of getting into these games? The closest thing you can get to this is in Tokyo.
- There is always Pokemon Go. And I know that you can play that anywhere. The cool thing about this game is that you have to play it outside.
- In l Las Vegas you can play Any Resident Evil. There you can play zombies to your heart’s content
- .And now I have good news and bad news good news is that Nintendo is building its own amusement park. The bad news is that it will not be ready until 2020.
There is so much to learn and figure out when you are in the travel business. One person can not learn everything.. Today let’s look into what what it means to fly standby.
Flying standby is a good way to fly if you don’t especially care when you leave or come back. It’s usually the least expensive way to fly, you’ll usually pay around twenty-five dollars, but you are not guaranteed a seat. So if you think that flying standby would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do.
- Firs, you will want to see which airlines have this option available . You will want to read up your chosen airline’s policies to make sure that you, and they, play by the rules.
- A lot of times they’ll want you to purchase a normal ticket. Sometimes you can get away with a friend flying. Again, you will want to know the specific policies.
- Another thing that would be good to remember is that you do not want to have checked luggage. They’ll more likely to take you if you don’t. You’re allowed one carry on and purse in most situations. The day before or the flight, you will want to look at the airline’s website to get the latest info on the flight. You will not want to check Expedia or Priceline, they are not going to have the latest information.
- You are going to want to get there at least two hours in advance. You will want to go to the ticketing agent, and let them know that you’re interested in flying standby.
- Next you will want to proceed through security and all that. Be sure to let the people at the gate know that you want to fly standby.
- At the time of the flight, the gate people will be able to let you know whether you’ve made it on.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I am going to just go on and say it, I don’t know what I am doing tomorrow. We have a lot up in the air, and next week I know I am not going to work because it is finally vacation time.. But anyway, let’s get back to our discussion about traveling internationally with children.
Children like to feel secure and small children may get really confused when you take them places where nothing is familiar to them. Bring a little piece of home with you. That might be a favorite toy, or their blanket, anything that will help them remember home.
However you don’t want to bring everything. You want to pack pretty lightly. Your best bet might be to buy a small bag for each child that you have, and bring toys that fit in that bag and no more. If they are old enough, let them pack their own bags.
Children also tend not to understand getting their meals when they’re used to or going to bed way late. And a lot of countries do eat a lot later than we do. You might want to feed your children and put them down before enjoying your own dinner.
Children need to be sure to 1] sleep and 2] eat. If you forget to take care of these two things, you’re likely to pay by having your are children have tantrums. Don’t fill every second of every day. Do some downtime each and every day?.
As your kids get older, they’ll like to know what they are doing when. Give them your itinerary each day at breakfast. You might even ask them what they want to do from time to time.
Let’s face it. Traveling with kids can always be somewhat daunting. Traveling internationally can feel even more scary. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you feel better about giving your children this grand experience.
If you are going somewhere where you think you and your children might get diseases, you will want to set up a visit with your doctor three months before you are to leave. There are some shots that you are required to get if you are going to go certain places. There are also some other shots that are recommended. Get whatever will make you the most comfortable.
Of course, you have to have passports for everyone and and that does include your baby. Passports need to be valid for six months after you are supposed to be home from your travels. Make sure that everyone is good on that score.
Long flights are always a pain. And little ones don’t understand why they have to sit still for so long. You do not want to be the one with the screaming baby on that airplane. Bring new toys, new books, and new apps with you. Bring favorite snacks that are not messy. Learn some basics of the language of the people you are going to visit, phrases like “please”, “thank you”, things like that. And then teach them to your children. Your hosts will love it.
Yesterday we were discussing social distancing vacations. Let’s continue that discussion today.
I am going to try and do this. I am on my iPad instead of my board. We will see how this goes.p
Did you know that you can rent an RV? You can. And of course with an RV, you will have everything you need to sleep and cook, as well as showering and all that. And you will be able to go anywhere that you would like.
Some people are not comfortable staying in a hotel. Other people simply do not have the money to stay other places.Plan some day trips around you. For food, pack picnics or go through drive thrus. Stop wherever you want. Doing this will also help your local economky.
I’m having problems with my communication device. I am going to do the best I can to work this week, but we will see what happens. Next week is my vacation. Hopefully after that, things will return to normal for a little both at least.
Many of us are dying to get out of the we’ve been cooped up in for far too long. But where should we go? What is safe? Let’s start looking at some ideas.
- The virtual tour industry is exploded. This is for those that are still uncomfortable traveling, but are dying to do something different with their days. A lot of places are doing these virtual tours. And these tours are much less expensive than going to the actual places.
- State parks are often overlooked, but they can be fun to explore, especially when you are looking for a trip for just you and your family, and not wanting to be around crowds. I know, that sounds wonderful to some and horrible to others. Spend your time watching animals and having of outdoors adventures.
- Or you might want to plan your own staycation. Take time off of work, and go do the a things you want to do but never time for. Go enjoy your parks. Go to the library get some old movies and spend the day watching movies as a family. Get takeout from your favorite restaurants
Let’s talk one more day about this glamping thing. I would love to know your thoughts on this. I have to to confess, I don’t like to camp. I can’t sleep on the hard ground. I like camping during the, cooking over fires during the day, playing games and whatever. That’s the camping I know.
- But anyway, today let’s start with something in my home state of Georgia. There is a place called Barnsley Resort which has about thirty five cabins. Some will have only one bedroom, others will have up to seven bedrooms. Here you can go horseback riding, enjoy the gardens, and you can also go fly fishing.
- You might also want to look at Orr Family Farm which is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Here you can stay in either a wagon or in a teepee. Whichever you choose, you will have your own bathroom, and you will be able to charge your devices. They also have a spa..
- Is anyone interested in exploring vintage trailers? You can stay in one at the Vintages Trailer Resort which is in Oregon. This is a place that is known for its wines. Foodies will also love it here.
We are going to get to back to our discussion about glamping, and where you might want to try this out.
- And the first one we are going to look at today is Mt. Hood Tiny House Village which is in Portland, Oregon. Are you looking for a place to get away from all of the stress of life, and who wouldn’t be these days with everything going on, you should try this place. Here their places are called tiny homes. And they have full kitchens and bathrooms in each place. They have miniature golf and lots of places to hike.
- Do you love being out on the lake? You and your family could try River Dance Lodge. This sounds like a pretty exclusive place with only three tents and eight cabins.. You can also bring your own tents. They’ll have a nice restaurant for you and activities for you enjoy.
- Is someone in your family family crazy about treehouses? Consider Mohicans Treehouse Resort which is in Ohio. You can rent treehouse rooms or these lavish cabins for you to enjoy. Here you will also be near Amish. If you like country cooking, be sure to check out Amish restaurants.
- Or is your thing animals, especially the wild kind? Think about going to California’s Safari West Wildlife Preserve. Here you will be able to see things like hippos and giraffes.
I feel like I need to be honest, I am experiencing some challenges with my equipment lately.. Hopefully we’re going to get everything figured out before too much longer. VACAAY is not going to hurt thingS either.
Are you interested in trying this glamping thing? You may want to, given everything that is going on right now. You may be asking, what is glamping. Well, it is like camping, only without roughing it. Okay, let’s take a look some places that might interest you.
The first place we are going to look at today is the Inn and Spa Cedar Falls which is in Ohio. They have what they call yurts.. And these sound like luxurious little cabins. And you will surrounded by beautiful nature, perfect for taking long hikes.
YMCA of the Rockies is in Colorado. They also have cabins you can rent. Like a lot of resorts, they have many different outdoors activities you can enjoy together as a family. Just being in Rockies makes it gorgeous.
Do you and your family enjoy white water rafting? You might want to try echo Canyon River Expeditions which is also in Colorado. You will be sleeping in tents, but they will be nice. And again, you will be surrounded by beauty.
Are you and your family looking for a nice resort to chill out at this summer? Let’s look at some places that might be of interest to you.
- Have you ever gone to Angel Fire Resort? If you don’t know, angel Fire is in New Mexico. One of my brothers has in laws that live there, so I’ve heard a lot about the place. This is a great place for those families that love adventure. It is a beautiful place to go mountain biking. They also have a great bike park. And it is an excellent place to go skiing if you are looking for something to do in winter.
- Purgatory Resort is in Colorado, and is also known as a great place for skiing. But you can have a lot of adventures here in summer and autumn as well. They will turn some of their slopes into rides that you and your family can enjoy together. And they are going to have a lot of other outside activities for you to take part in.
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort is in Utah. They will have rock climbing. Swimming, miniature golf, tennis, volleyball, and ziplining are just some of the things you will enjoy here.
Things are opening up, too slowly for some, too fast for others. But the question on everyone’s mind is when will it be safe to travel? That is not an easy question to answer, but let’s take a look at it.
- Like people, different states and countries see things differently and are opening up differently. And some countries feel the need to close down. You will want to do careful research before you plan any trips.
- The last pandemic was about a hundred years ago. You couldn’t travel the way we do today. Today you can fly anywhere you want, supposedly. Many countries are doing a lot of testing.. The more people test, the more we can know how that country is doing, and where to go or not.
- It is not recommended to travel within our own great country unless it is some kind of emergency. But everyone is working on figuring out ways to make things safer for us.
Okay, so you and your family go on this cruise, and everyone has this wonderful time. And then everyone comes home and is miserable. Everyone wants to be back on the cruise, not at home getting back to normal life. How do you work through this funk? Today we are going to look at some tips that might help you beat it.
- First, you are going to want to take lots of picture on your vacation. And then once you are home, you will want to create an album. It can am be an old fashioned album or one you create online, either way works fine. You will want to share it with friends and family. You might even want to gather your loved
- You may not have guessed this, but I love to write. Do you? You may want to write out all of your cruise experiences. You may want to keep them to yourself. There are lots of places where you can post cruise reviews online.
- Are you missing the cruise food more than anything? You will be delighted to hear that they have a ton of cruise food recipes available online. Look up your favorite foods today and try them.
- Go on and plan your next cruise, either as you’re getting off your cruise or shortly after you get home. It helps to have something to look forward to..