Let’s get back to discussing tips for traveling with kids.
- First, you might want to consider boarding early. Yes, I know that will make your trip feel that much longer. But doing this will enable everyone to feel more settled in their places. It will be especially helpful if you do not have assigned seats.
- Everyone getting enough rest is essential for a nice, smooth trip. Consider getting a condo. If you are for sure staying in a hotel or resort, consider getting a suite or at least another room.
- Having free breakfast not only cuts down on costs, it also cuts down on stress. This is one meal you’ll know what you’ll be doing and won’t have to have any discussions about.
- I know a lot of people like to just go with the flow while they are on vacation, but some planning is a good idea when you’re traveling with children. You’ll want to try your best to work your children’s sleeping and eating schedules. Not messing with those will help keep everyone happy and on track.
- But you don’t want to overplan your trip, keeping everyone busier than usual.? Children love afternoons at the pool or movie nights.
- You will want to pack everything that you need, but you do not want to overpack. You don’t want to have more to carry than you have to. A lot of places are going to have washers and dryers that you can use.
- If you aren’t going to a resort that has a children’s program, consider bringing a babysitter. It isn’t going to cost that much extra. And vacations are the perfect times to get in some extra dates.
I’ve decided that I like doing two things at once. Sure, writing about what I am learning about in this travel agent school seems to take me a little longer. But we are supposed to get the word out about the things we’re learning, and writing about the things I am learning does help. And since this school has many different courses, I should keep quite busy for a while.
Today we are going to look at the MSC Cruiseline. MSC stands for Mediterranean Shipping Company. MSC strives for excellence in everything that they do, and has won a lot of awards for what they do.
- Where do these cruises go? Basically anywhere you would be interested in traveling to. They do Mexico and the Caribbean, they also do Europe and Asia. They also do an excellent South American cruise.
- Let’s take a closer look at some of what they have to offer. When it comes to food, their specialty is Italian. They have a lot of great pasta dishes. You will be able to get a great pizza any time that you’d like. But Italian isn’t the only cuisine that they have. They have a famous Asian chef that is over their Asian restaurants. And of course, they have a pas chef to make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied.
- MSC has partnered with LEGO to bring children and their families experiences they will never forget. They will have all the supplies that you will need for your baby and toddler that you will need.
- MSC also understands your need to keep up with your fitness program while on board. They will help you create the right exercise program while you are on board. They will also help you come up with healthy menus.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this..
Okay, I know there are ways to book trips on the internet. So why would you need a travel agent? Let’s look at some times you might want to use a travel agent.
- Travel agents are great when you and your extended family are going on a trip together. You have a lot of people, some people may have special needs to figure out..People may need to come and go on different days. There are just a lot of details to figure out.
- You might want to book through a travel agent if you are going to a place you’ve never been. You may have a lot of time to do the necessary research. A travel agent can help you to set everything up. We can figure out your complete itinerary.
- And when you’re planning your honeymoon, you probably want to go through a travel agent. You have a thousand other things you need to plan. And this is a special trip you is really do not to mess up. Let a travel agent handle all the details .
I am going to try to do this, and hopefully I’ll do a better job than I did yesterday.. I’m still doing a lot of experimenting and figuring things out as I go along… x
I think a lot of us like to watch movies when we want to relax. But have you ever wanted to go to the places where specific movies were made? Let’s look at a couple of these today.
- Do you have any Indiana Jones fans in your did you family? You might want to visit Petra, Jordan where these films were made. This has become a popular destination since the films were made.
- Slovenia might be small, but it is where Narnia was made. If I am remembering right, the place has some absolutely gorgeous spots.
Let’s get back to discussing how to plan a great girls’ trip. I have several things I’d like to look into more today, but feel like I need to do the normal things first and just see how the rest of the day goes. Let’s pick up where we left off.
- Some friends don’t need much except to have a place to gather and some nice food to enjoy themselves. Other groups will want to go to some of the more exotic locations. If your group is trying to start their annual trips together, it might be wise to have a gathering and discuss what everyone is thinking as far as overall budget. Is it going to be easier to gather in each other homes, or do people want to mark places off of their bucket lists? One of you might want to play hostess more often than the others to cut down on her costs. You can find solutions that work best for your group.
- If one person is planning the whole thing, this lady will want to give some clues. You might want to get creative with the e-mails you send your group. Some people will go a step farther and send cute little packages to give hints. Groups who are going go somewhere exotic will usually meet at one member’s house, and then they do the reveal at the airport.
- This is a girls’ trip, so you are going want to have comfortable places where ere you can sit and gab. You might want to have one more than one place like this in case your group wants to split up for whatever reason.
- But as much as girls like to just sit and talk, you will want to have a few activities planned. Especially if you are going somewhere you’ve never been, you’ll want to get out and enjoy some of the sights. The planner should have a pretty good idea of the things your group likes to do.
Have you done anything like this? I would love to hear about it.
[Disclaimer : I have never been into video games. I have never enjoyed playing those type games. I hardly know anything about any of those games. I’m just going to tell you what this article says.]
I may not know much about these games, but I know they are pretty popular. I know some children, and adults, absolutely love these games. If they aren’t playing them, they’re thinking about playing these things. So let’s look at some places you can play these games in RL [for those that don’t know, RL is real life].
- The first one is, of course, Mario Brothers. I do remember sitting and watching people playing these games. Who doesn’t dream of getting into these games? The closest thing you can get to this is in Tokyo.
- There is always Pokemon Go. And I know that you can play that anywhere. The cool thing about this game is that you have to play it outside.
- In l Las Vegas you can play Any Resident Evil. There you can play zombies to your heart’s content
- .And now I have good news and bad news good news is that Nintendo is building its own amusement park. The bad news is that it will not be ready until 2020.
There is so much to learn and figure out when you are in the travel business. One person can not learn everything.. Today let’s look into what what it means to fly standby.
Flying standby is a good way to fly if you don’t especially care when you leave or come back. It’s usually the least expensive way to fly, you’ll usually pay around twenty-five dollars, but you are not guaranteed a seat. So if you think that flying standby would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do.
- Firs, you will want to see which airlines have this option available . You will want to read up your chosen airline’s policies to make sure that you, and they, play by the rules.
- A lot of times they’ll want you to purchase a normal ticket. Sometimes you can get away with a friend flying. Again, you will want to know the specific policies.
- Another thing that would be good to remember is that you do not want to have checked luggage. They’ll more likely to take you if you don’t. You’re allowed one carry on and purse in most situations. The day before or the flight, you will want to look at the airline’s website to get the latest info on the flight. You will not want to check Expedia or Priceline, they are not going to have the latest information.
- You are going to want to get there at least two hours in advance. You will want to go to the ticketing agent, and let them know that you’re interested in flying standby.
- Next you will want to proceed through security and all that. Be sure to let the people at the gate know that you want to fly standby.
- At the time of the flight, the gate people will be able to let you know whether you’ve made it on.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
In the old days, eating on a cruise was pretty simple. You would be put at a table, and you would eat with the same group of people three times a day. You would usually be given a choice between early or late dining. And you might get some kind of afternoon snack. But boy, has cruise dining changed over the years. Let’s look at some of what’s available today.
- Nearly all cruise ships are going to have a main dining room where you and your family can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most cruiselines have done away with assigned tables, and you should be able to be pretty much eat any time you would like. And did I mention that you would have to dress for each meal? They’ve done away with that as well.
- You will also have less formal dining options. You will usually have some kind of buffet, and that will typically be opened twenty-four hours a day. Ships are also going to have places where you can get pizza or hamburgers.
- Most of the rooms are pretty small, and I think most people would prefer to be out with the other people. But maybe you want to relax in front of a movie. Or maybe you want a quiet evening with your spouse. Most cruiselines have room service at no additional charge. Though some river cruises are not going to have this option at all.
- And then there are specialty restaurants. These restaurants often offer superior food and a higher class of service.
Most of us go to hotels to unwind and relax. But we should be mindful of the fact that everyone else is there to relax as as well. Here are some other things that you will want to keep in mind.
- Watch your children to make sure they don’t do anything crazy. If they’re under ten, you will probably want to be with them at all times. Over ten, you may want to set some ground rules and see how they do on their own. If you have more than one, one will usually tell on the others. You don’t want your kids to be the ones that no one wants to be around, do you?
- Are you going to be staying there a week? Go on and use their shampoo. Don’t pack every bottle away in your luggage. And yes, I know you’re on vacation and relax on the dieting, but it is best the not to get to go hog wild. Don’t stuff yourself on the free breakfasts. And eat only one or two cookies each day.
- Be kind to the other people at the hotel, and that includes your fellow guests as well as the staff. You don’t want to make life difficult for those that are serving you, do you? And relax, get to know your fellow guests, it will be good for you. And give grace when something goes wrong, no one can be perfect all the time.
- Be kind not only to the people, but also to the furniture. It certainly gets well used. If something breaks, please let someone know.
- And make sure to go over checkout the night before just to know that you do not forget anything.
Unless you travel all of the time as part of your job, staying in a hotel can be a lot of fun. But today we are going to look at some hotel etiquette. First, please remember to take some cash.
- Yes, I know that a lot of people don’t carry cash anymore. But these hotel workers truly rely on your tips. Please reward them when they do well.
- And I know that having someone that will clean up after you is part of the fun. But that does not mean that you get to be total slob. Take two minutes to clean up any time you leave your room. And please, take care of the messes you would be embarrassed for anyone to see.
- Hotels are first and foremost for people to sleep. Please be careful when you are out in the halls especially. Be reasonable at how loud your tv is.
- Your children may be super excited to be on vacation, and may love not having to be in bed at their normal times. They may love doing night swims. However, again, they need to be quieter in the halls and places like that.
Okay, you’ve made a decision, you are going to take sometime off from work and are going to take your family on vacation. Now that you have made that decision, you need to decide where you are going. Today let’s look at some more ideas for you.
- I have heard nothing but good things about San Diego. You are going to find lots of beautiful beaches in this city. They also have a fantastic zoo, they have SeaWorld and museums that you might like. Adults might want to put their children down and enjoy some of their nightlife.
- Are you looking for a city that has lots to do? You might want to try Orlando. If your family loves theme parks, this is the place to go. They also have a great downtown with shopping and museums that you might enjoy.
- Orlando might be the theme park capital, but Wisconsin Dells is the place to go for water parks. You are probably thinking the same thing I did. Wisconsin has water parks, isn’t it a little cold up there for that? They are indoor water parks. You will also enjoy their live entertainment and delicious food.
- Another place active families will love is Moab, Utah. This is an incredible place to go mountain biking or hiking. Would you like to go up in a hot sky balloon? This is a great place to do that as well.
- Portland, Oregon is another fantastic destination for families. They have a great amusement park, they also have a zoo and some museums.
Have you taken your vacation yet? I haven’t, But I do have some plans coming up in August, and I’m looking forward to taking sometime off then. If you are still deciding where you want to go for your vacation this summer, here are some ideas for you.
- Asheville is one of the trendiest destinations around. Beer lovers are going to be fascinated by the city’s breweries. There is a lot of art to be discovered in this city, most of it is modern as opposed to classic. It is nestled in the mountains of North Carolina, which makes it an excellent place to hike. And this is a great place to find farm to table restaurants.
- Are you wanting a a fun in the sun vacation? You might want to try Fort Lauderdale, Florida. They have some great deals on their hotels. They also have some deals on things you can do there. Read a cheap flight and you’re all set to go.
- Does your family just love the great outdoors? You might want to try to go to Yellowstone National Park. You will be able to hike, bike, climb. September is a great time to go since most everyone else will be gone.
Let’s look at some more ways you can save on a Caribbean vacation.
- Okay, so say you do decide to go to a resort instead of booking a cruise. Flying is the only way you are going to be able to get there. And this is the time to use those airline miles. Do you know anyone that flies a lot for their job?
- Are you not flush in airline mile? Try signing up for a credit card that gives miles away. Often you will receive a lot of bonuses just to for signing up.
- Often when asked about the best airline for families, people will say Southwest is the best. They’re great when it comes to rebooking or even canceling flights. And they are going to let you bring not one but two checked bags.
- More often than not, you are going to find that renting a condo is going to be less expensive and more convenient than a hotel. Everyone is likely to have their own space. You are going to have a kitchen if that is something that appeals to you.
- Some resorts will have full kitchens in them as well. I’m kind of wondering why that is, since a lot of resorts are all inclusive anyway. I guess it’s up to you, do you want to do things yourselves, or do you want to be pampered?
I may have gotten you thinking about a multi generational trip, and since your family loves the beach, you’ve decided that your trip is going to be to the Caribbean. You are looking for ways to make this trip easier and less expensive. Today we are going to look at some tips that are going to help you.
Multi generational travel is getting more and more popular. Today let’s look at some more destinations that are becoming more and more popular with these large family groups that are traveling together.
- First, you might want to go down under. I have a sister and brother-in-law that went to Australia, and they absolutely loved it. You are going to find all kinds of beautiful places to hike. You are also going to find fantastic beaches, and places to do all kinds of adventure sports.
- Canada ranks pretty high on this list. And one thing they do mention is the beautiful beaches. One of my favorite movies is set in Prince Edward Island, and it is truly gorgeous. But I doubt there are many months where you would actually want to do much swimming. I imagine that this is a great place to hike too.
- Portugal is a place many Americans love getting to. It is easily accessible by American citizens. It is also a place where the dollar stretches far. And it’s also a beautiful country.
- If your family loves exploring history and culture, you might want to consider Spain. You are also going to have a lot of beautiful days here which will make going to the beach perfect.
- The place that is getting number one is New Zealand. Part of that is because it’s so safe. And again, you will find a lot of fantastic beaches and natural wonders.
I’m always talking about multi generational travel, and how good it is for everyone involved. But first, let’s discuss what it is for those that do not know. Multi generational travel is where a mother and father not only take their children on vacation, they also take at least one set of their parents, and maybe some of their siblings and their children as well. With families tending to spread out across the nation, and the world, these trips are a great way to keep families connected. Today let’s look at some safe places you might want to go on your next multi generational trip.
- First of all, there is Ireland. Maybe your family has Irish blood, and everyone wants to take a look at where your ancestors came from. You will love the green pasturelands of this beautiful country. You’l also want to spend one evening in one of the pubs. You will definitely get a taste of Irish culture there.
- Or you might want to try Finland. You will not find many places that you’ll want to hike. And you might be lucky and actually see the sun. But this is one of those very safe countries. This is a wonderful place just to relax. Did you know that France is one of the most visited countries in the world? They have a lot of great culture and art that you will want to explore. You and your family will also enjoy a lot of sightseeing opportunities. And you must try some of their cafe cafes.
- Our United States made it this top ten list at number seven. When asked specifically what multi generational travelers might enjoy, they mentioned our beautiful beaches. Large families can enjoy beach time because there is so much for everyone to do there.
- Does your family love to do sightseeing things together? You might want to try Italy. There is plenty of things everyone will want to try. And of course, everyone will lo
Since today is the Fourth of July, we are going to take a look at some more tips on how to make this vacation your best one ever.
- You’re on vacation, you aren’t going to need to impress anyone with how you look. This is the time to take your comfy clothes, and enjoy not having to dress up for work or anything. This is especially true if you are flying. Take your clothes in your carryon, and forget having to wait around for your bags.
- Vacation is the to kick back and enjoy life. When you’re traveling, particularly when you’re traveling without children, mealtimes can get out of whaack. Bring fun snacks with you wherever you go. And grab them whenever you feel like it.
- If you are flying, leave your fireworks buying for once you reach your destination. Airports tend to frown on things that explode. And since they are trying to protect you, and all the other passengers, don’t try to sneak anything by them.
- Relax. Enjoy the people you’re traveling with, or the people you came to see. Have fun relaxing by the pool or other bodies of water. Binge on your favorite Shows.