Let’s get back to discussing tips for traveling with kids.
- First, you might want to consider boarding early. Yes, I know that will make your trip feel that much longer. But doing this will enable everyone to feel more settled in their places. It will be especially helpful if you do not have assigned seats.
- Everyone getting enough rest is essential for a nice, smooth trip. Consider getting a condo. If you are for sure staying in a hotel or resort, consider getting a suite or at least another room.
- Having free breakfast not only cuts down on costs, it also cuts down on stress. This is one meal you’ll know what you’ll be doing and won’t have to have any discussions about.
- I know a lot of people like to just go with the flow while they are on vacation, but some planning is a good idea when you’re traveling with children. You’ll want to try your best to work your children’s sleeping and eating schedules. Not messing with those will help keep everyone happy and on track.
- But you don’t want to overplan your trip, keeping everyone busier than usual.? Children love afternoons at the pool or movie nights.
- You will want to pack everything that you need, but you do not want to overpack. You don’t want to have more to carry than you have to. A lot of places are going to have washers and dryers that you can use.
- If you aren’t going to a resort that has a children’s program, consider bringing a babysitter. It isn’t going to cost that much extra. And vacations are the perfect times to get in some extra dates.
I’ve decided that I like doing two things at once. Sure, writing about what I am learning about in this travel agent school seems to take me a little longer. But we are supposed to get the word out about the things we’re learning, and writing about the things I am learning does help. And since this school has many different courses, I should keep quite busy for a while.
Today we are going to look at the MSC Cruiseline. MSC stands for Mediterranean Shipping Company. MSC strives for excellence in everything that they do, and has won a lot of awards for what they do.
- Where do these cruises go? Basically anywhere you would be interested in traveling to. They do Mexico and the Caribbean, they also do Europe and Asia. They also do an excellent South American cruise.
- Let’s take a closer look at some of what they have to offer. When it comes to food, their specialty is Italian. They have a lot of great pasta dishes. You will be able to get a great pizza any time that you’d like. But Italian isn’t the only cuisine that they have. They have a famous Asian chef that is over their Asian restaurants. And of course, they have a pas chef to make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied.
- MSC has partnered with LEGO to bring children and their families experiences they will never forget. They will have all the supplies that you will need for your baby and toddler that you will need.
- MSC also understands your need to keep up with your fitness program while on board. They will help you create the right exercise program while you are on board. They will also help you come up with healthy menus.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this..
Okay, I know there are ways to book trips on the internet. So why would you need a travel agent? Let’s look at some times you might want to use a travel agent.
- Travel agents are great when you and your extended family are going on a trip together. You have a lot of people, some people may have special needs to figure out..People may need to come and go on different days. There are just a lot of details to figure out.
- You might want to book through a travel agent if you are going to a place you’ve never been. You may have a lot of time to do the necessary research. A travel agent can help you to set everything up. We can figure out your complete itinerary.
- And when you’re planning your honeymoon, you probably want to go through a travel agent. You have a thousand other things you need to plan. And this is a special trip you is really do not to mess up. Let a travel agent handle all the details .
I am going to try to do this, and hopefully I’ll do a better job than I did yesterday.. I’m still doing a lot of experimenting and figuring things out as I go along… x
I think a lot of us like to watch movies when we want to relax. But have you ever wanted to go to the places where specific movies were made? Let’s look at a couple of these today.
- Do you have any Indiana Jones fans in your did you family? You might want to visit Petra, Jordan where these films were made. This has become a popular destination since the films were made.
- Slovenia might be small, but it is where Narnia was made. If I am remembering right, the place has some absolutely gorgeous spots.
Let’s get back to discussing how to plan a great girls’ trip. I have several things I’d like to look into more today, but feel like I need to do the normal things first and just see how the rest of the day goes. Let’s pick up where we left off.
- Some friends don’t need much except to have a place to gather and some nice food to enjoy themselves. Other groups will want to go to some of the more exotic locations. If your group is trying to start their annual trips together, it might be wise to have a gathering and discuss what everyone is thinking as far as overall budget. Is it going to be easier to gather in each other homes, or do people want to mark places off of their bucket lists? One of you might want to play hostess more often than the others to cut down on her costs. You can find solutions that work best for your group.
- If one person is planning the whole thing, this lady will want to give some clues. You might want to get creative with the e-mails you send your group. Some people will go a step farther and send cute little packages to give hints. Groups who are going go somewhere exotic will usually meet at one member’s house, and then they do the reveal at the airport.
- This is a girls’ trip, so you are going want to have comfortable places where ere you can sit and gab. You might want to have one more than one place like this in case your group wants to split up for whatever reason.
- But as much as girls like to just sit and talk, you will want to have a few activities planned. Especially if you are going somewhere you’ve never been, you’ll want to get out and enjoy some of the sights. The planner should have a pretty good idea of the things your group likes to do.
Have you done anything like this? I would love to hear about it.
[Disclaimer : I have never been into video games. I have never enjoyed playing those type games. I hardly know anything about any of those games. I’m just going to tell you what this article says.]
I may not know much about these games, but I know they are pretty popular. I know some children, and adults, absolutely love these games. If they aren’t playing them, they’re thinking about playing these things. So let’s look at some places you can play these games in RL [for those that don’t know, RL is real life].
- The first one is, of course, Mario Brothers. I do remember sitting and watching people playing these games. Who doesn’t dream of getting into these games? The closest thing you can get to this is in Tokyo.
- There is always Pokemon Go. And I know that you can play that anywhere. The cool thing about this game is that you have to play it outside.
- In l Las Vegas you can play Any Resident Evil. There you can play zombies to your heart’s content
- .And now I have good news and bad news good news is that Nintendo is building its own amusement park. The bad news is that it will not be ready until 2020.
There is so much to learn and figure out when you are in the travel business. One person can not learn everything.. Today let’s look into what what it means to fly standby.
Flying standby is a good way to fly if you don’t especially care when you leave or come back. It’s usually the least expensive way to fly, you’ll usually pay around twenty-five dollars, but you are not guaranteed a seat. So if you think that flying standby would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do.
- Firs, you will want to see which airlines have this option available . You will want to read up your chosen airline’s policies to make sure that you, and they, play by the rules.
- A lot of times they’ll want you to purchase a normal ticket. Sometimes you can get away with a friend flying. Again, you will want to know the specific policies.
- Another thing that would be good to remember is that you do not want to have checked luggage. They’ll more likely to take you if you don’t. You’re allowed one carry on and purse in most situations. The day before or the flight, you will want to look at the airline’s website to get the latest info on the flight. You will not want to check Expedia or Priceline, they are not going to have the latest information.
- You are going to want to get there at least two hours in advance. You will want to go to the ticketing agent, and let them know that you’re interested in flying standby.
- Next you will want to proceed through security and all that. Be sure to let the people at the gate know that you want to fly standby.
- At the time of the flight, the gate people will be able to let you know whether you’ve made it on.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
You’re always reading about cruises, on this blog and other places, but should you really go on one? Would you enjoy it? What is there to do? Read on to find out some cruise basics.
- You might think of cruises as vacations that are mostly for the retired rich. You would be surprised to know that the cruise industry has opened up to all kinds of people, including lots of families. A lot of cruises have different themes, and you will be able to choose according to your interests.
- You may be wondering how much cash you will need to bring on your cruise. And the answer to that is, hopefully not much. The hope is that once you pay for your cruise, you won’t need much more once you are on board. A good rule of thumb is, the higher grade of cruise you go on, the less they’ll want you to pay during your cruise. You will also usually have “on board credit”, and you will be able to purchase things you need with that.
- Okay, so what about tipping? They will make that easy for you. They will add a certain amount to your on board credit, and will give it to your servers once your cruise is over. If your service is poor and you want to give less, just let them know.. If you have exceptional service and want to tip more, let them know that as well.
We talk about how much there is to do on a cruise ship, and trust me, there is plenty to see and do. But sometimes you go on a cruise, not just to get away, but because you actually want to see the place you are going to. And when you go on a cruise, the main way you will see the places is to go on what they call shore excursions. But how do you tell which ones you want to go on? Read on to find out.
- You are going to get the information about the shore excursions about three months before you leave. You will usually review your options online. Each excursion will be rated for safety, length and cost. They will also let you know who each trip is for. Usually at least one of your crew will accompany you on the excursion.
- But this is only the shore excursions that are offered by the cruiseline itself. There are also independent excursion you can take. Often you will find that these like will be less expensive. They will have smaller groups if something goes wrong and they do not get you back to your ship on time, they will cover the necessary costs to get you returned to your ship.
- There are also private guides who will escort either you as an individual or a small group through the important sites of any given island. It is recommended that you book and these trips ahead of time to make sure that everything is legitimate.
I am getting a lot done today. And yes, that does include doing some writing. I am hoping that if I start talking about this on here, I will start doing better on this. We will see.
Okay, I have a confession to make, I love visiting familiar places. I guess a big part of that is my favorite reason to travel is to visit family or friends. Going to the places they live is like coming home. You know where you are going, and you also know the people you’re about to see. But there is also something fun about visiting places you’ve never been. Let’s look at some of those reasons today.
- The fun begins even before your trip starts. You can start planning what you will do and see. You can start dreaming about what the people will be like. You may even experiment with cooking their food.
- I know that you can always learn new things about your favorite destinations. But with a new place, everything you do will be new. There is something thrilling about that. A
- nd this will enable you to have all kinds of fun stories to tell family and friends. And having those stories to tell, or post on our social media accounts, is a big reasons a lot of us Americans travel.
- Exploring a new place is going to get you out of your comfort zone. You may not like that idea. But you are going to get to try a lot of new things. And we all need that push from time to time.
First, I want to share a link, https://aaclanguagelab.com/articles/give-and-take?mode=view, this is my first paid published article. I am going to be looking for more opportunities like this.
Today let’s look at some tips to travel on the cheap.
- First, who needs an expensive hotel room? You are not going to be in that room much anyway. You can get a pretty clean room pretty inexpensively. Looking on those websites like Expedia will give you a lot of options. You will also be able to read reviews of the hotel to make sure other people enjoyed it.
- And when should you book your flights? Experts say that you should book them about two months before leave. If you are able, book your flights on Tuesday. That is usually the least inexpensive day to fly.
- Cities are always going to have things you can do for free. You just have to go online and figure out what is available. Are there free museums in the area? Might you be able to catch a free play or concert while you are there?
- Does your family love the great outdoors? Consider visiting a state park. You will find plenty of things to do outside at these parks. You will also usually find nice places to camp. Usually they’re pretty inexpensive, but be careful about that. Some of the most popular parks can get expensive.
- Are you traveling to celebrate a special occasion? Don’t be shy. Let your hotel and the different restaurants you eat at know that you are celebrating. Who knows what they might give you for free.
It worked out that I took a long weekend. Even that has left me feeling pretty energized. Let’s get back to our discussion of Disney cruises.
- You should always have a camera with you. Disney characters need to take vacations too, you know? You are going to see plenty of characters aboard each ship. Have your camera ready just in case.
- Many children love to swim, and Disney knows that. Can you imagine a place where you can swim and watch Disney movies at the same time? That sounds like a child’s dream come true. You can do just that on Disney cruises. Little ones will also enjoy Disney themed splash pads. And don’t forget the water slides.
- Every time Disney does a cruise, the whole crew gathers in the lobby of their theater to trade pins. This is a great way to get to know your fellow guests and crew alike.
- Around the theater, you are going to find all kinds of shops. In these shops, you will find pins, tshirts, mugs, and things on like that. Disney Vacation Club members get a discount.
- Like most cruises these days, you can do Do you want to learn everything you can about Disney, take part in all the parties and everything? That is perfectly fine. Do you want to just hang out by the pools the whole time? They will have no problems with that either.
Would you like help planning your next Disney cruise? I would love to help you figure everything out. Please just let me know.
we are going to get back to our discussion about Disney cruises.
- What do you do when you get tired of all the swimming and running around? Why don’t you go to the theater for a movie? Disney does have a theater on all of their ships. And they play all of Disney’s latest movies.
- If you have been to the Disney parks, you may well remember Mckkey’s Premium Bars. While you will not be able order these delights from room service, you will be able to get them aboard the ships.
- You are going to get exactly what you want for dinner each night. Do you want two appetizers and two entrees? That will be no problem. Did your kid order something you’ve just got to have to? Your wish is their pleasure.
- With all of this food, you might want a little exercise. Disney holds a 5k on its private island which is called Castaway Cay.
- You will be able to partake in a delicious adult beverage while you are on this island, and the drink will be called the Kook Kooler. Lunch on the island will be beach barbecue.
We are going to get back to our discussion on Disney cruises.
- I know we’ve already talked some about things you should not forget to bring along. But are you going to bring your costumes? Disney cruises have themed days. It might be Star Wars, or it might be Marvel, or it could be another theme. Dressing up is not required, but it is part of the fun, so why not?
- Even Disney knows that sometimes adults want to have fun by themselves from time to time. They have pools that are just for adults. You will also have an entertainment district that will close to all those under eighteen at nine in the evening.
- Inside the Cove Cafe, an adults only coffee bar, you will find sweet snacks morning and evening. The sweetest part? The snacks don’t cost you anything more. However, they do charge for the coffee, so you will want to keep that in mind.
- But they also have spaces just for for children, as you might imagine. I mean who wants to be around their parents all the time? Disney has an excellent children’s club. Your children will love it because everything revolves around Disney.
I’m not certain what the next few days are going to be like. I may be without internet for some of the time. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Today we are going to start taking a look at some things you need to know when you you set out on one of the most popular cruises around, a Disney cruise.
- Of course, you know to pack the essentials, things like bathing suits, sunscreen, and don’t forget your shades. But you are also want to take a refillable cup for each member of your party, so that you will not spend half your time looking for the water fountains. You might also want to take a few magnetic hooks so that you can hang up wet things. All the walls of your room will be magnetic.
- This is a Disney cruise. You are going to want to meet some of your favorite characters. Go on and book the meet and greets before you leave on your cruise. You will be glad that you did.
- You will also want to book your adults-only dining experiences before you are to leave. You have three nice options to choose from.
- Speaking of adult things, I’m not sure if they have adult beverages on board. However, I do know that you can bring an unopened bottle of wine or six beers with you.
- On a Disney cruise, your waitstaff is going to take the time to get to know you you and your family. And they will follow you each evening of your cruise.
I know it is not nearly Christmas time, but holiday cruises are getting more and more popular. And if you and your family are even considering taking a cruise as your holiday vacation, you’ll want to start your planning now. Here are some tips that are going to help you to make your holiday cruise even more festive.
- Okay, let’s get real here. A Christmas cruise may be wonderful. But a lot of us have those holiday decorations that it is just not Christmas unless you can see those. Maybe they are from your parents or your grandparents. Don’t go without. Bring them with you.
- Christmas is all about being lazy with the people you love most. Be sure to bring those pajamas you’ll want to hang out in most the morning. Many cruises don’t charge any extra when you order room service, so have your morning feast in your room.
- I know that some people don’t consider it true celebration unless there is some kind of bubbly involved. Each guest is allowed to bring one bottle of adult beverage aboard. So make sure that get packed.
- It is Christmas. Make sure not to forget to bring your gifts to exchange. It is not like someone is going to come in the night and bring all your gifts for you.
- Bring a little gift for someone on your crew. It will be sure to brighten their day.
Let’s get back to our discussion about planning a multi generational.
- The first big question is, when will everyone be available to take this trip? This can be a tricky question because everyone is so busy these days. A lot of people tend to slow down through the summer months.. Might that work for you and your family? The other time almost everyone seems to take time off for sure is around Christmas.
- And where do you want to go on this trip? Is there a place where your family used to go? Is there a place that has always been on everyone’s bucket list?
- Might you want to try a cruise? Cruises have a lot of choices of activities, and that usually works well when your party has a large variety of ages and interests.
- You might also want to consider an all inclusive resort. Again you are going to find a lot of different activities. And you will also know how much everything is going to cost up front.