Let’s get back to discussing tips for traveling with kids.
- First, you might want to consider boarding early. Yes, I know that will make your trip feel that much longer. But doing this will enable everyone to feel more settled in their places. It will be especially helpful if you do not have assigned seats.
- Everyone getting enough rest is essential for a nice, smooth trip. Consider getting a condo. If you are for sure staying in a hotel or resort, consider getting a suite or at least another room.
- Having free breakfast not only cuts down on costs, it also cuts down on stress. This is one meal you’ll know what you’ll be doing and won’t have to have any discussions about.
- I know a lot of people like to just go with the flow while they are on vacation, but some planning is a good idea when you’re traveling with children. You’ll want to try your best to work your children’s sleeping and eating schedules. Not messing with those will help keep everyone happy and on track.
- But you don’t want to overplan your trip, keeping everyone busier than usual.? Children love afternoons at the pool or movie nights.
- You will want to pack everything that you need, but you do not want to overpack. You don’t want to have more to carry than you have to. A lot of places are going to have washers and dryers that you can use.
- If you aren’t going to a resort that has a children’s program, consider bringing a babysitter. It isn’t going to cost that much extra. And vacations are the perfect times to get in some extra dates.
I’ve decided that I like doing two things at once. Sure, writing about what I am learning about in this travel agent school seems to take me a little longer. But we are supposed to get the word out about the things we’re learning, and writing about the things I am learning does help. And since this school has many different courses, I should keep quite busy for a while.
Today we are going to look at the MSC Cruiseline. MSC stands for Mediterranean Shipping Company. MSC strives for excellence in everything that they do, and has won a lot of awards for what they do.
- Where do these cruises go? Basically anywhere you would be interested in traveling to. They do Mexico and the Caribbean, they also do Europe and Asia. They also do an excellent South American cruise.
- Let’s take a closer look at some of what they have to offer. When it comes to food, their specialty is Italian. They have a lot of great pasta dishes. You will be able to get a great pizza any time that you’d like. But Italian isn’t the only cuisine that they have. They have a famous Asian chef that is over their Asian restaurants. And of course, they have a pas chef to make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied.
- MSC has partnered with LEGO to bring children and their families experiences they will never forget. They will have all the supplies that you will need for your baby and toddler that you will need.
- MSC also understands your need to keep up with your fitness program while on board. They will help you create the right exercise program while you are on board. They will also help you come up with healthy menus.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this..
Okay, I know there are ways to book trips on the internet. So why would you need a travel agent? Let’s look at some times you might want to use a travel agent.
- Travel agents are great when you and your extended family are going on a trip together. You have a lot of people, some people may have special needs to figure out..People may need to come and go on different days. There are just a lot of details to figure out.
- You might want to book through a travel agent if you are going to a place you’ve never been. You may have a lot of time to do the necessary research. A travel agent can help you to set everything up. We can figure out your complete itinerary.
- And when you’re planning your honeymoon, you probably want to go through a travel agent. You have a thousand other things you need to plan. And this is a special trip you is really do not to mess up. Let a travel agent handle all the details .
I am going to try to do this, and hopefully I’ll do a better job than I did yesterday.. I’m still doing a lot of experimenting and figuring things out as I go along… x
I think a lot of us like to watch movies when we want to relax. But have you ever wanted to go to the places where specific movies were made? Let’s look at a couple of these today.
- Do you have any Indiana Jones fans in your did you family? You might want to visit Petra, Jordan where these films were made. This has become a popular destination since the films were made.
- Slovenia might be small, but it is where Narnia was made. If I am remembering right, the place has some absolutely gorgeous spots.
Let’s get back to discussing how to plan a great girls’ trip. I have several things I’d like to look into more today, but feel like I need to do the normal things first and just see how the rest of the day goes. Let’s pick up where we left off.
- Some friends don’t need much except to have a place to gather and some nice food to enjoy themselves. Other groups will want to go to some of the more exotic locations. If your group is trying to start their annual trips together, it might be wise to have a gathering and discuss what everyone is thinking as far as overall budget. Is it going to be easier to gather in each other homes, or do people want to mark places off of their bucket lists? One of you might want to play hostess more often than the others to cut down on her costs. You can find solutions that work best for your group.
- If one person is planning the whole thing, this lady will want to give some clues. You might want to get creative with the e-mails you send your group. Some people will go a step farther and send cute little packages to give hints. Groups who are going go somewhere exotic will usually meet at one member’s house, and then they do the reveal at the airport.
- This is a girls’ trip, so you are going want to have comfortable places where ere you can sit and gab. You might want to have one more than one place like this in case your group wants to split up for whatever reason.
- But as much as girls like to just sit and talk, you will want to have a few activities planned. Especially if you are going somewhere you’ve never been, you’ll want to get out and enjoy some of the sights. The planner should have a pretty good idea of the things your group likes to do.
Have you done anything like this? I would love to hear about it.
[Disclaimer : I have never been into video games. I have never enjoyed playing those type games. I hardly know anything about any of those games. I’m just going to tell you what this article says.]
I may not know much about these games, but I know they are pretty popular. I know some children, and adults, absolutely love these games. If they aren’t playing them, they’re thinking about playing these things. So let’s look at some places you can play these games in RL [for those that don’t know, RL is real life].
- The first one is, of course, Mario Brothers. I do remember sitting and watching people playing these games. Who doesn’t dream of getting into these games? The closest thing you can get to this is in Tokyo.
- There is always Pokemon Go. And I know that you can play that anywhere. The cool thing about this game is that you have to play it outside.
- In l Las Vegas you can play Any Resident Evil. There you can play zombies to your heart’s content
- .And now I have good news and bad news good news is that Nintendo is building its own amusement park. The bad news is that it will not be ready until 2020.
There is so much to learn and figure out when you are in the travel business. One person can not learn everything.. Today let’s look into what what it means to fly standby.
Flying standby is a good way to fly if you don’t especially care when you leave or come back. It’s usually the least expensive way to fly, you’ll usually pay around twenty-five dollars, but you are not guaranteed a seat. So if you think that flying standby would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do.
- Firs, you will want to see which airlines have this option available . You will want to read up your chosen airline’s policies to make sure that you, and they, play by the rules.
- A lot of times they’ll want you to purchase a normal ticket. Sometimes you can get away with a friend flying. Again, you will want to know the specific policies.
- Another thing that would be good to remember is that you do not want to have checked luggage. They’ll more likely to take you if you don’t. You’re allowed one carry on and purse in most situations. The day before or the flight, you will want to look at the airline’s website to get the latest info on the flight. You will not want to check Expedia or Priceline, they are not going to have the latest information.
- You are going to want to get there at least two hours in advance. You will want to go to the ticketing agent, and let them know that you’re interested in flying standby.
- Next you will want to proceed through security and all that. Be sure to let the people at the gate know that you want to fly standby.
- At the time of the flight, the gate people will be able to let you know whether you’ve made it on.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Yesterday we were looking at some of the family friendly cruise lines. But what if you and your group decides that you do not want to take children, and want to enjoy a few days in the lap of luxury. True, these cruises will be somewhat more expensive than the ones that we were discussing yesterday. But these cruises also tend to be more all inclusive.. Your sky is going to be covered. Your shore excursions will be taken care of. You will have no need to worry about how much your meals are going to cost, and that even includes an adult beverage with your meals. You will receive complementary wifi when you book one of the higher level suites. You are also going to find that these ships are going to have many fewer people on board their ships, which means that you will receive a higher level of service.
- Let’s start by looking at Oceania Cruises. These cruises will not take more than fifteen hundred guests at a time.These cruises are for those who love the finer things in life, especially when it comes to food and drink. You will not find the frenzied pace that you would find on the cruisres we discussed yesterday, instead you will find a very tranquil environment. These cruise tend to attract older couples.
- Also in this category of cruises would be Regent Seven Seas. Again you are going to find many fewer guests which means a higher level of service. You will also find superior cuisine. Regent does have a limited children’s program, which sets them apart from these type of cruises.
- Seabourn’s ships will have no more than four hundred and fifty guests. Like most these cruises, people who have been on the other type of ships will be amazed by how much room they have in their suites. And again, you will be treated to fine cuisine.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan your first cruise. One of the most important decisions that you will need to make is which cruiseline that you want to go on. There are a lot of choices that are available. Today we are going to look at your family friendly cruiselines.
- We are going to start with Royal Caribbean. This is a fantastic cruiseline for families because their ships are packed with activities your whole family will love. Have your children been begging to go ice skating? Your family will also have the chance to try out the surf simulator. They have Broadway like productions you can enjoy in the evening. Royal Caribbean is always winning Readers’ Choice Awards. And they are going to go most everywhere a family might be interested in exploring together.
- Ever heard of Carnival Cruise Line? Most everyone has. Carnival has taken more cruisers across the seas than any cruise company. They’re trying to appeal to a wide variety of cruisers. Families, couples, groups, and honeymooners are a few of the segments they are trying to reach. Their ships are huge, and on these ships you are going to be one of several thousands of passengers. You are going to find plenty of cool restaurants you and your family can enjoy together. You will find a lot of activities you can enjoy on these ships as well.
- Disney does cruises too, and from what I hear they never have to use sales to make sure that their ships are full. I do need to say that Disney is more expensive than the above two, but you are not going to find a more family friendly cruise. Characters will greet you as you come on board. There is usually a dance party the first night you are on the ship. And of course, this is just the beginning. You will find food that will please every type of palate. And no one will be lacking when it comes to adventures.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is known for being innovative. Their claim to fame is “Freestyle Cruising”. With them, you do just as you please. You choose when you want to eat and with whom. You decide which shore excursions you want to be part of, if you want to be part of any. Your children can be part of their Splash Academy or not. It is all up to you what you want your vacation to look like.
Your friends talked you into it, and so now you are going on a cruise with them. Since you’re the newbie to this group, they thought they’d be nice and let you plan the trip yourself. Sure, they were being nice, or was everyone just too busy to give time to that? The problem is that you don’t really know how to do this or what to expect. Today let’s look at some tips that might help.
- First, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I know how to help walk you through all the decisions that you will need to make. And here’s the fun part, the cruiseline is going to pay me when I book your group. You are not going to owe me anything.
- The first question we’ll need to answer is who all is going on this trip. Do you want this to be a trip where you and your group take your families, or are you thinking more of a couples’ trip?
- And make sure your group is on the same page financially. You don’t want some people thinking you are going on the cheapest cruise possible, and others dreaming of a luxurious cruise. You will want to discuss this from the very beginning.
- Consider making a Facebook group for this trip so that everyone will be able to know what is being discussed. This will also give me a great way to communicate with everyone.
Now we’re just getting started on this topic, so this is what we are going to talk about tomorrow, and probably Saturday too. I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”– that should be my manra. And before you think this is what I say and not what I do, I am going to be taking some time off in July. I’m not sure exactly how much, I’m sure it will be at least a week while I’m hanging out with my family. I’ll need to see how everything else goes… But anyway, summer is made for slowing down, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, it’s also a time for vacations. If you are looking for your next vacation spot, I have some suggestion for you.
- Punta Cana is a place most people go just to relax and have fun. This is definitely a fun in the sun destination, and is a great place to go whether you want to take your whole family or are looking for a romantic getaway. They have many resorts you can choose from.
- Do you want to explore Incan history? Consider going to Cusco, Peru. History buffs are going to love this place. The city will have history museums you can enjoy. It also has some fascinating architecture.
- Are you just looking for an absolutely beautiful beach to visit? You might want to try Djerba, Tunisia which is located in the Mediterranean. I haven’t been to Tunisia, but I do know that the Mediterranean is gorgeous. And I suspect you will also find some fantastic food in this area.
- The Riveria Maya is a beautiful place for vacation whether you’re looking for a group vacation, a family trip, or a vacation for just you and the one you love. They have a lot to offer families looking for adventure. You are going to be able to find a resort that will suit your needs perfectly. And you will also going to find some great night life here.
We’ve talked about travel and why it’s is important for people to get away from their day to day-to-day busy lives. We’ve also talked about how important it is for families to travel together, and how travel can bring families together. But your problem might be that you have no idea where you want to go. Maybe your family is tired of going to the beach, maybe you don’t like the mountains, and you just can’t decide where to go on vacation. If this sounds like your family, you might want to consider doing a mystery trip.
Now this works best if everyone in your family is ready for an adventure. On these twenty-two day trips, you won’t know where you’ll be going, what you’ll eat, or where you might sleep. The particular group I’m reading about takes groups of ten people on these expedition. You are going to have some long travel days, you’ll never know when you are going to be able to get internet, or even electricity. It looks like they may be doing this adventure only once.
However, they aren’t the only people who can help you take a mystery trip. I could actually help you put together a mystery trip for your family if you are interested. I would send you a questionnaire so I could get a feel for the things you like and don’t like. I would need to get a feel for your budget and things. Please let me know if you are interested. The best way to get in touch with me is e-mail, and that is email@example.com
One of the things a lot of families dream of doing this summer is visiting Disney World. Though I have to say that going to Disney during the summer months is usually something you’ll want to avoid if you can. Summer is by far the busiest time for Disney World because everyone is out of school. If you do decide to go during the summer, I would say that you almost have to stay in one of Disney’s resorts. For one thing, staying at the parks is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you will have a way to get into their parks. Staying in their resorts is also going to get you discounts at Disney Springs, advance reservations into all their restaurants on property, advanced tee times at their golf clubs. And of course, there are also the Magic Hours available at select Disney parks. Today let’s look at some of what the different resorts have to offer.
- It sounds like their newest renovated hotel is simply named the B Resort and Spa. Because of it being recently renovated, it is decorated pretty nicely. You are going to also find several different culinary options, and there is a spa you can relax in.
- Do you want to see the fireworks each night, but maybe not from right up close? You might want to try Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This hotel has eighteen floors. Enjoy the display from the comfort of your room. Each room they have looks out over Disney Springs There are two restaurants and a heated swimming pool.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is Disney’s suite-only hotel. They offer one and two bedroom suites where families can spread out and relax when they aren’t at the parks. Each suite is going to have a living room and dining area. Hilton Orlando Buena Vistaa Palace will have all kinds of dining options, including a character dining experience. They have two pools and a floating lagoon.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is for you if you and your kids love the water. You will find two heated pools, a Jacuzzi, and a kiddie pool. All of these make great places to relax after long days at the parks. Here you will have seven restaurants to choose from.
- Holiday Inn Orlando is very family friendly. That kind of seems silly to say because we’re talking about Disney. But this hotel does have kids-eat-free which a lot of families will appreciate. And it sounds like you can access their wifi from pretty much anywhere in the hotel. You will also be able to enjoy some pool time here. And finally,
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has several different dining options. You are going to find a pool bar and grill, a twenty-four hour cafe, a full service restaurant, and room service. You will love their water park.
I know that there is a lot going on in our world these days. And I’m talking about everything from natural disasters, to epidemics, to mass shootings. People may be trying to decide whether or not it is safe to travel anywhere anymore. With few exceptions it should be are safe to travel anywhere you want, let’s look at few suggestions that will help keep you safe.
- First, when you know you’re interested in going anywhere, start checking the news. Read up on the things that are going on there. If you start to feel uncomfortable about a place before you go on your trip, you can always change your mind. Watching some news while you’re on your trip is also a good idea.
- It is also a good idea to stay in groups while you travel. Groups are much less like to be robbed from or taken advantage of. If you are doing a solo trip, consider joining a group you meet while you’re on the road.
- Doing your sightseeing during the day is always the best idea. When you do go out at night, stay in places where there are crowds.
Everyone has bad days. And sadly, bad stuff can happen even when you are on vacation. But today let’s look at some ways you can do to make sure you have as little to worry about on vacation as possible..
- First, if you’re even thinking that you might want to go somewhere out of the country, you will want to make sure you have at least a year before your passport expires.. The people checking your passports don’t want to see anything less than six months between your travel and your passport’s expiration.
- You’re impressed with your smartphone’s camera. That’s great. The problem with taking your phone instead of your camera is that you might not have enough memory on your phone to keep all your pictures. Are you going to have internet so you can put things in your cloud?
- When you want to take your electronic devices, be sure to take their chargers with you. If you are going out of the country, you will also want to take a converter also. Look up the country you are visiting and figure out what you will need. You will also want to take some extra batteries.
- You always want to make a plan for how you are going to pay for your vacation. Putting everything on your credit card and deciding not to pay it off could cost you for years to come. It is best if you pay for your vacation before you leave.
- If you are going on a big vacation, you might want to consider getting travel insurance. Sure, insurance that is any good is going to cost you a pretty penny, but you will have peace of mind if any emergencies come up.
You may have heard different friends talking about going on cruises, but having never been on a cruise, you’re wondering why people go on a cruise, and whether you should join in on the fun. Let’s look at some reasons why people go on a cruise.
- A lot of people go on cruises because there is always a party going on. Cruise ships are going to have all kinds of bars and clubs.
- People also love the fact that you don’t have to do any housekeeping while you’re on board. Maids come and clean your room while you’re out and about.
- Cruises are known to have an abundance of food. Most ships are going to have at least one buffet place. There are going to be ways you can get food 24/7.
- This is a great way to take a family vacation. Ships usually have lots of activities for families to enjoy together. Of course, they will also have kids’ clubs for when you want to enjoy some adult time. Your family can decide on the right balance for each trip.
- Cruises are getting better and better about having reliable internet. But some people look at cruises as the perfect chance to unplug and just enjoy your family.
- Cruises are moving away from having the gambling. I know that Disney never has casinos on their ships. But some people love to go to take their chances on the games.
- Cruises have all kinds of themes. Do you want to learn more about a certain area’s history? You can find a cruise that will help you do that. Do you want to improve your culinary skills? There are cruises that will help you with that as well.
Are you interested in taking a cruise? I would love to help you figure out the right cruise for you. Please let me know if you are interested.
We haven’t looked at anything related to cruises lately. Today let’s look at some different cruise news.
- Royal Caribbean International has told us some more of what we can expect when it comes to its newest ship, Spectrum of the Seas. This is their most expensive ship to date. Now before anyone gets too excited, this ship will debut about a year from now, and it is for the Chinese market anyway. Royal Caribbean started in the Caribbean market three years ago. This is to be this cruiseline’s first suite-only ship. They will have family suites that will be on more than one level of the ship. And when it comes to food, their main dining room is going to have Chinese and what they call western options. Their buffet is going to be huge. They will also have a tea room and cafe parlor. This ship will be going to diverse ports, and will have some longer sailings.
- MSC has just christened its newest ship. There were were festivities throughout the day in honor of its arrival. Several different celebrities graced the day. This ship is going to have the longest zip line in the cruise industry. Your family will love their aqua park that has four waterslides the ship will also have the world’s widest waterfront boardwalk at sea.
- Seabourn is announcing its European itineraries for 2019. Their plan is to have four vessels in Europe. Seabourn is a luxury cruiseline that has been helping guests explore Europe for thirty years, so they have a pretty good feel for what people want. They know which ports are the best to do overnight stays. They also know what special programs people want. They will have some longer sailings as well.