You know I took care of the essentials, writing this and checking e-mail each day, but I still got some great time with friends, enjoying some great food along the food.. I just went through my essentials as it made sense with what we were doing that day. Anyway, this morning I’m raring to go. Don’t know if it’s because I’ve had some good time with friends. There are some new things with my host agency that I want to look more carefully through.. But anyway, let me take care of the essentials first.
I’m not going to get political here, but I do know that this election on has many, many people concerned. And I’m no exception to that. And I was reading this morning that it is not just us in the United States who are concerned, people all over the world are watching this. Anyway, if you’re looking for a way to get away all of the talk, here are some ideas for you.
- First, you might want to try Canada. It is going to be quite chilly up there. And honestly, I don’t think whether they would have any pretty leaves at this point or not. You might want to go see if this is a place you might want live if the election does not turn out to your liking.
- You might want to go visit France. You will be able to take a helicopter ride. And France has some excellent vineyards, and thus some exceptional wines. This is the perfect place to tour some lovely vineyards. Also they are going to have some beautiful art.
- Do you want to go somewhere where you will not even have access to television? Try remote parts of Cambodia. I can help you figure out the best places for you to go here.
- You may also want to try a cruise to Antarctica. You are going to be pretty remote here too.
I would love to know other places you might want to escape to.
When I was a kid, I used to enjoy being with friends as they made fort. I’m disabled. I can’t actually build anything like. Building a business is hopefully another matter.. Climbing trees was out of the question too.. But today let’s look at another new trend in travel, luxury treehouses.
People are starting to enjoy staying in treehouses, especially if they are in these exotic locations.Take the Dominican Republic. They have built four villa-type things in the trees. Before your arrival, your refrigerator will be stocked to to your sspecifications. You will be able to choose whether or not you want a chef to prepare your food. A pool will be outside your bedroom door. You can even request to have a jazz conct right outside your villa. This place will be sold out months in advance, so you willwant to make your plans early.
The place called Acre used to be nothing more than a restaurant that was near Cabos. Now they’ve built twelve little houses on stilts. These places are compact. Your showers are going to be outside.
I would love to know what you think of these, or any questions you might have about this.
The best idea for booking travel is to do all your booking as soon as you know you are going.. But there is also something to be said for booking at the very last minut e. You can usually score deals at both ends of the spectrum. You will have exactly what you want more readily if you do book early.. But here are some tips on booking late.
- First you will want to book now. Prices are only going to go up from this point.. And with air, you may have to spend more because all the lower class seats are taken.
- You will definitely want to do some shopping around.. Don’t go to your phone and just book the first thing that you see , unless money is truly no concern. Set aside sometime this weekend to really look around.
- It sounds like Southwest is the only airline that will not share its information with any of the other travel websites. So you will want to look at their website as well.
Air will get cheap if you plan to leave on Thanksgiving Day.. You can leave really early and can still make it in time for Thaksgiving dinner.
Traveling can be so much fun, can be so exciting. But it can also be stressful, getting everything ready to go, getting to the destination, figuring out how to do you want or need to get done. Here are some things that should help cut down on the stress.
- Try packing gradually. You do not have to pack everything in one fell swoop. Prepare a few things for your trip over a several day period. It will help you feel more relaxed.
- Make a list of everything you will need to do, clothes you will need, any paperwork you will need.. Will you need to figure out what to do with a pet? Put that on the list. Do you need to stop your? Put that on the list as well. And especially if you travel frequently, save your list on your computer.
- If you live in a place that gets snow often, stay in a hotel close to the airport the night before you are to leave in order to avoid any complications. They will usually have ways to get you to the airport in ccase of emergency.
- And learn to relax and go with the flow when you are on vacation. Some problems are unavoidable. Laugh when mess up. Get to know your other travelers.
I would love to know your tips for avoiding stress on vacation. Please let me know.
River cruising is getting to be a big business. And yes, this is huge in Europe. But it is getting to be a big thing in the United States as well.. So if you want to relive some of the adventures of Mark Twain, here is your chance.
River cruises mean you are going to be on much smaller ships, with many fewer people. And this means you are going to be enjoying a higher crew to staff ratio. River cruises tend to have the higher end restaurants with a lot of very fresh food.
They do river cruises in New England. And now is the perfect time TO GO ON THESE, [SORRY, SOMEHOW I CAN NOT TAKE CAPS OFF]BECAUSE OF ALL THE FALL COLORS.. aND OF COURSE YOU CAN TAKE CRUISES ON THE mISSISSIPPI. lET ME KNOW IF i CAN HELP YOUPLAN ONE O THESE.
First, I need to let you know that we are going to be gone from tomorrow until Monday. I’m not sure whether I am going to work during this time or not. I will see what we end up doing, and just play this by ear.
I have some ideas for this business for ways to hopefully get some actual clients coming my way. I’ve been writing some articles, and think I’m ready to start sending them out to.. My idea is to send them to Huffington Post. I’m not sure how much of a long shot that is.. I’ve also written a questionnaire that I would love people interested in becoming my clients to take. Please let me know if you are interested.
Now, let’s get back to discussing staycations.
- There are some things that you will want to discuss before your staycation starts. If everyone is on their device playing on the internet the whole time, you are not going much of a bonding experience. You might want to set a rule saying that devices are to be left in each person’s bedrooms, and can only be used first in thing e morning or right before bed. Parents need to abide by this rule as well.
- Spas are something you are going to see at a lot of resorts or on cruise ships. Have a spa day. If the guys are totally not into the spa day thing , let them go play their favorite sport. You want this day to be relaxing for everyone. Do massages, do mani/pedis for everyone.
- Some families are huge literary families where everyone loves to read. If that ‘s your family, try going to the book and picking out good books for everyone. Yes, they still have books that are not on devices..
- Go out to coffee or breakfast. Take time to really enjoy your food and each other. You may also want to try doing breakfast in bed one morning..
I would love to know some other things your family might like to do together..
I’m always talking about how taking a vacation can help your family bond. Getting away from your day to day routines, adults taking time away from work, children taking time away from school and other activities just to spend time together as a family is always great and well worth the effort. But sometimes you simply can’t leave your hometown. Maybe money is just super tight. Or maybe you have a sick family member that needs to stay close to your family physician. If you are looking at doing a staycation, here are some ideas.
- I was actually doing this with my family this weekend. Sometimes you just want to relax and watch movies all day. Perhaps your family has a favorite movie or television series everyone likes to watch together. Make sure to have your favorite snacks available. You might even want to order or something so you can keep on binging.
- Make meal prep fun by everyone getting in the kitchen together. You may want to start your time together by going to the grocery store and getting fun food you plan on making through this time. You do not have to eat certain things at Specific times. I love having pancakes and bacon or sausage for dinner. And there re is all kinds of things you can do with pancakes. You can add fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips to make pancakes more fun. You may also want to do a candlelit dinner and have everyone work on their best manners.
- Take a day to go exploring your city. Is there a museum you’ve never gone to? Is there a restaurant you want to visit, but have never taken the time? Are your kids wanting to go to the playground, but you’re always feel too busy? Your staycation is the perfect time to do all these things.
We are going to look at this more tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Cruises are a lot of fun when you go with a large group of people. It’s fun to try the different restaurants, or have your own competitions on the different sports courts, or all go to the shows together. But what do you do when you are the only one among your family and friends that wants to go on a cruise? You take a cruise by yourself, and then tell them how wonderful it is.
You need to know that the single upcharge is quickly becoming a thin of the past. Some cruiselines have whole sections of ships that are dedicated to single passengers. That part of the ship is usually more secure. They’ll have socials just for you.
Okay, so meals can get lonely if you are by yourself. This is a great time to catch up on your reading. Find out if you like doing crossword puzzles. Go to more casual restaurants. Sit up at the bar instead of at a table. Or make friends on the cruise. A lot of people are going to welcome new friends. That is part of the fun of a cruise.
But of course, when you’re travel all by yourself, you will want to be careful about who you meet and spend time with. You shouldn’t be all alone with someone you just met. Stay in places where there are lots of people.
And once you get back from your cruise, your job is to tell everyone you know about cruise and how much you enjoyed your cruise.. And your next job is to get your group to book their cruise with me.
Let’s face it, we live in a broken, messed up world that seems to be getting crazier and crazier every day. If you are fearful of traveling of the country, many people definitely understand. Today let’s look at some different fears people and how we can help overcome them.
- You might just be nervous about going to a place that you don’t speak the language. First, I will say that a lot of countries are choosing to teach their children English as a second language. You might be surprised at just how many places are going to have a translator at the very least. There are also fun ways to learn the language of the country where you are going available on the internet. And just smiling and waving goes a long way to let people know you are friendly.
- No matter where you are going, it is always a good idea to read up on the country where you are going. See if the country has had much in the way of terrorist attacks. And if they are having some problems, take a look at what our government has to say.
- If you are traveling alone and are uncomfortable with that idea, there are hostels where you can get up with a group. There are also websites where you can meet up with people who are going to the same place you are. Join one of theses and try to make some friends online that you can meet up with during your travels .
I would love to hear other ideas you may have about staying safe while traveling.
I’ve never been a huge fan of cars. To me, if it takes me from point a to point b, I’m good, don’t really care what it looks like. Don’t really even really care how it drives.. But I know a lot of people love cars, and would love to drive the latest, expensive cars if they could afford it. Today let’s look at some things to consider when renting a car.
- It is best to tell the rental company exactly what you want before you want to rent your vehicle. This gives them time to have what you want ready for you.
- Keep in mind that if you decide to rent a vehicle once you get off the plane, you are going to have to take whatever you can get. And this not only makes it unlikely that you will get to drive the cool car you’ve been dreaming of, it is also likely you are going to have to pay more than what you would have liked.
- When you go to rent your car, always check and see if there is anything better available. And make it clear that you are willing to pay for the upgrade.
- Join the club. Even if you think that this car rental thing is going to be an once in a lifetime experience, joining the club always looks better to the company. And you never know, you might fall in love with renting cars.
- Remember to bring your insurance card with with you. Not having your proof of insurance with you could be a costly mistake.
What are some things you try to keep in mind when renting a car? Please let me know.