Once again we are going to talk about Millennials. Yes, this is first and foremost a travel blog, but my main purpose for this business is to bring families together through travel.. I’ve said it before and will say it again. But families are so busy these days, working, going to school, and then doing whatever else of, church, etc, that we don’t make time to really make our families the priority that they need to be.
Millennials look at life a little bit differently.. Having your own business is something a lot of people are doing or want to do. It is not as uncommon as it used to be for women to work outside the home while their husbands stay home with their children. Sometimes both parents run a business out of their home. I see nothing wrong in either of these scenarios. But please remember to take time away from your work to simply enjoy being a family. Make it a point to do a “date night”at least every couple of weeks. Do a family night once or twice a month where you play games, go out to eat, or something just to have fun together.
When it comes to planning your vacations, who is the most likely one to plan your trips? Studies say that it’s the mother of the family more often than not. Women may work full time, and take care of the house and the children. She might have help with that , she might not. But a lot of times women seems to have more energy and stamina. They can stay up late at night to work on a project.
The good news is I can help you plan your vacations, taking a lot of the guesswork out of planning something Yourself. Please let me know how I can help you.
Costa is an Italian cruiseline, and the name “Diadema” means “tierra” in Italian. It’s named for its beauty. I’ve tried to get an actual picture of this ship, but that is not working.
This truly is a beautiful ship that has a lot of nice extra little features. But just because it is beautiful does not mean they compromise at all on comfort. The designer of this ship worked hard with some experts to make sure that you get the best of both worlds. You are going to see a lot of bright colors on this ship, which is an Italian thing.
This is a ship that is full of amenities. There is a casino on board, beautiful pools, and a huge theater. They have a kids’ club to entertain your children. They also have an excellent spa which offer a wide variety of treatments. You will never run out of treatment options on board this ship.
And because it is Italian run you are going to have some great options when it comes to food and wine. They are going to have a lot of Italy food for you to choose from, as well as some excellent Asian dishes. They will know how to pair your wines with everything that you order.
You are also going to get some very nice accommodations on board this ship. And of course, the nicer the amenities and level of service.. I would love to know what questions you have, or if you want my help planning a Costa vacation.
Everyone has heard the story of how “Uncle Bob” got the cheapest vacation he could find, but then ended up getting a really nice upgrade.. Upgrades do happen, today let’s look at how.
- First, getting an upgrade is never a guaranteed thing. Please remember that. Usually you are going to get exactly what you’ve paid for and nothing more. However, you will want to be up front with all of your travel information. Include your Frequent Flyer Mile, as well as any kind of hotel program you might be part of.
- Are you traveling for a special occasion? It will never hurt to let your hotel know that it’s your birthday or anniversary. If it’s your child’s birthday, let them know that as well.
- Like most places, hotels and other travel vendors are going to notice when you’re polite and smiling. Many people are too busy these days to stop and say please or thank you. Most people tend to forget that the people helping them are actual humans themselves.
These are just a few ideas. Can you think of others? ease let me know.
America is not taking vacation time. 2016 we took even less vacation time than we did in 2015.. Most manageers agree that their workers need time off.. Without vacation time our bodies do not get the rest that we need. We also do not take the time to really invest in our families like we should.
Most managers agree that we need to take more time off. But a lot of them do not take vacation time off themselves. Some fear the mountain of work that they will have after their vacation. Other people are worried that they may return to work only to find that they have no job.
Still others think that vacations themselves can be stressful. And sure, vacations can be hard if you put pressure on yourself. If Some reasons a vacation could be stressful are.
- You set yourself a very tight schedule and then nothing turns out the way you hope.
- You just have high expectations of the vacation and then experience problems.
- Also going on vacations with people you don’t like or don’t know well can turn into a mess.
People also feel guilty when they do take time off.. And maybe that’s part of why I’m doing this now.. I have some time where I can do this. And I’m not sure at all what the rest of this week is going to look like. I’m just going to have to play this week by ear.
Every industry has their secrets which they don’t go around telling everyone they know. But today we are going to look at some secrets aiairline airline attendants told a recent survey.
On an airplane, one of the dirtiest places may be your own seat belt. Have children wiped their noses on it? Has someone been drooling in their sleep on it? Who has spilled food on it? The wisest thing to do is to put some baby wipes in your purse.
Baby wipes might also be a good idea for your laptray, especially if you want to eat off of it. Again, you can never tell what someone else may have done to that tray. They may have used it for a footrest or set a dirty diaper on it.
No one likes to have a rough landing. But sometimes you have to have that rough landing in a storm, or things could get even more dangerous. Please, when the seat belt light is on, wear your seat belt. That will help you and everyone else.
Booking an early morning flight should allow for a smoother ride because the air is actually smoother in the mornings. Also, most thunderstorms usually happen in the afternoon or evening, so that is another reason to book a morning flights.
I would love to know your thoughts on flying. Please let me know.
I know its Columbus Day, but I know I have today and tomorrow to work, and then we have some family stuff coming up later in the week, and I’m not sure what I’ll do with work then. So let’s get started.
Long trips can be grueling. hen you’re in the car, you can always stop and take breaks. But when you are flying, you can’t stop the airplane whenever you feel like it. So what should you do instead? Here are some tips.
- First, I know it’s tempting to stay up the night before and get all the last minute things done. But please do not do that. No one sleeps well on a plane. And no one likes to fly with a grumpy person.
- You are going to be wise if you get in a workout before you leave. Don’t have time to go to the gym before you leave? Make it a point to get in some power walking at the airport. You are going to have to go through your whole check in process anyway. You might as well kill two birds with one stone.
- Please take advantage of the drinks that are being served. It’s probably best to focus on water and juices rather than sodas or adult beverages. It is always important to stay hydrated. And this will also ensure that you get up and use the bathroom, which is also going to make you walk around. And walking around some is another good idea.
- You might want to bring your own food on a flight… Making your own sandwiches and bringing fruits and vegetables is going to be healthier than what you will get on an airplane anyway. Besides you can eat whenever you feel like it.
Do you have other suggestions? I would love to hear them.
Today is a day I’m really hoping gets better. I have several things I would like to get done. And I’ve already messed some things up and had to do them over.
But today let’s talk about travel insurance.. These days, even when you buy a flight online, they are going to suggest that you buy insurance. Here are some things you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to travel insurance.
- First, while the easiest thing to do may be to click, “Protect me”, when you’re booking on a travel site, that might not be the wisest thing to do. This is because it may not be clear what is and what is not protected.
- Your best bet to go with a third party travel insurance. These are the people that are dedicated to travel insurance. Know exactly how to answer your questions. They’ll also know how to take care of you if, heaven forbid, something should go wrong on your trip.
- Check with your credit card company to see what is covered. If you cancel your trip, you might be able to get your money back, minus whatever fees the travel vendors charge for cancelling.
I would love to know what questions you have about any of this. I will do my best to answer them.
A lot of places we Americans typically want to go are going to have some English speakers there to help with anything you may need help with. A lot of the more modern countries are going to have the students taking English as a second language and so a lot of them will want to practice. But what if you want to go somewhere that is really remote? Read on to find out.
- First, figure out which language these people speak and study that. There are all kinds of ways to learn the language, especially with the internet. A lot of the ways that you are going to learn about these languages are going to be more games than anything else. Care enough about your trip to take some time to prepare.
- Another option that you have is to hire a translator. And again, you are going to find a lot of resources on the web that will be able to help you. Many of these translators also work as tour guides, so you will want to keep tht in mind as well.
- You are going to carry your phone with you, right? You are going to be amazed at how many places will internet access. Download a translator app, Google Translate is not only free, it’s also the best.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
When you think of a luxury cruise, what do you think of? Do you think of having someone to wait on your every need? Are you dreaming of equisite food and wine at every turn? Are you looking for a more relaxed, more intimate cruise? Or does the thought of a luxury cruise leave you scared because you think it is going to be so expensive?
It is true that the lines of luxury cruises have been blurred. Cruiselines have started using terms like “ultra luxury” just to get their point across. But let’s look at what the industry considers luxury.
First, from what I hear, on the lower class ships they are going to nickel and dime you on everything. You may be able to get your meals pretty much free, unless you decide to go to a specialty restaurant, you may have to pay for drinks, especially if you want any type of adult beverage. You are going to have to pay for your shore excursions.. You may even have to pay for some of your onboard activities… With luxury cruises, you are not going to have to pay for any of that. You might have to pay for top shelf liquors and spa treatments, but I’ve seen cruises where even those are included.
Luxury also means you are going to have a lot more room to yourself. You are going to get the beautiful bathrooms with showers and bathtubs. You are also have more highly trained people who are going to meet your every need.
But only you know what is most luxurious to you. I would love to help you figure out which cruise is right for you. If you are interested, please let me know.
I’ve shared before, and will no doubt share again, that it is my hope to work with families and help them reconnect through traveling together in this business of mine. As I read these business books, that is the why of this business.. So, in light of that, we are going to look at more advice for couples looking to reconnect.
- Everyone should try to work out three or four times a week. Why not pick a sport or exercise activity, and try to do that at least a couple of times a week together? This will both help you get some more together, it will also keep you accountable to do your workouts.
- Sometimes it helps to remember what first brought you together. Some couples love to go back to the places where they had their first dates. Other people are happy to sit in their kitchens and remember the first times, the places, and maybe even the friends that helped bring them together.
- Start a project you can work on together. You do not have to start with anything big or elaborate. Start small and work your way up to bigger projects if you’d like.
- And yes, of course, I am going to bring this one up. Plan a trip for just the two of you to take together. Is there a place you’ve always going together? Do you want to drop the kids off at your parents or a friend’s and just go wherever the wind blows for a weekend?
I would love to know your ideas on reconnecting with your spouse. Have you tried anything that I’ve mentioned yesterday or today? Write and tell me how it went.