It’s Monday, and I’m ready to get some serious work done. So let me get this taken care of so that I can do some other things.
Mom has always been a very thrifty person. As a family with eight children, we were always taking hand me down clothes, and taking leftovers from church dinners and stuff like that. Eating out was a rare treat.. We were homeschooled and traveled pretty often, but mostly we would go to see family and friends instead of staying in hotels and things like that.
How much you spend on travel depends on a lot of different factors. It depends on where you like to go and where you want to stay. It depends on how you like to eat while traveling. Do you like go to museum and parks while you travel? Or do yo prefer going to amusement parks and movies? Give me some information, and I can help you figure out how much you can spend.
And here are some practical ways you can save money.
- Eating out is usually more expensive than fixing a meal at home. If you or your husband is used to lunch each day, try packing leftovers from the night before.
- Walking or riding a bike will not only be better on your purse, it will also be better for your health.
- If your family usually does something like going on to theater or playing putt putt on the weekends, try renting a couple of movies from Redbox instead. Does your family like to eat while watching movies? Try making dinner together before sitting down for the movies.
- Do simpler things, like going to the park instead of going to the mall or to places you have to spend money are always a better idea when you are trying to save money.
- And no one needs the latest and greatest gadgets as soon as they come out in stores. Things like computers drop in price a lot after the first few months.
- These are some of my ideas. Can you think of others? I would seriously enjoy pricing a trip for you. Please let me know.