It’s Monday morning, and I’m feeling great. Work seems to be that much better when I’ve had a weekend full of fun like I did this past weekend.. I just had several opportunities to be with friends and feel pretty energized coming back.. And also, my family is gathering the week before Christmas this year, so I’ll probably work up to next Friday and then take a good bit of time off. I’m not sure what we are going to be doing that following week. I’m kind of just going to play that by ear.
Flight attendants have tough jobs. They’re waiting on a lot of people at the same time, trying to get food and drinks to everyone, dealing with grumpy passengers, and making sure everyone is safe. They do not need nosy passengers asking them all kinds of questions. Here are some questions you should really avoid.
- You know how annoying it can be when your children whine, “When are we going to get there?” Now multiply that by the number of passengers on the airplane. They do not have any control over when you are going to get there.
- If you want to know which areas you are going to be flying over during your trip, please go online and look it up before you travel. Some airplanes are going to have internet access during your flight as well. This is another annoying question flight attendants get asked all the time. Do not ask that.
- Keep your questions on a more professional level. If an attendant looks like they’d be opened to talking to you, ask about what they like about their job, what their favorite place they’ve visited is. Do not ask if it is hard to have a dating life or anything like that.
- Don’t ask them to do things for you right as you’re taking off. This is one of their busier times. If you need to take some medication right before takeoff, go to the water fountain right before you board.
- Don’t ask to use the first class bathroom. People pay extra to be able to use the nicer things. You didn’t choose to do that, so don’t ask for the special treatment.
I would love to know what you think about this. Please let me know.