I have several things I want to accomplish today, part of it has to do with Christmas stuff I want to do, both for Christmas and personal stuff.
- My family has lived in Georgia for over half of my life. Several of my siblings would hardly remember living anywhere besides Georgia. And so, I’m sorry , but some of us like country music. To me, it’s some of the cleanest secular music out there… And in case you’re wondering, there are cruises opening up on the Mississippi River. Today we are going to look at some things to do in Nashville.
- First, there is the Grand Ole Opry. This is where old country stars like Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, and people like that used to perform. Here you can see where all their old radio shows were produced.
- Country music has its own Hall of Fame, and where else would it be except Nashville? You are going to be able to go through the history of country music. You are going to see a lot of pictures and artifacts. You will also be able to take a tour of an old recording studio.
- And then Johnny Cash has his own museum.. Personally, I’m into the newer country music, but I know Johnny is one of the more famous country stars. You are going to see a lot of artifacts and memorabilia here.
- Is Greek culture more your thing than country music? Then you might want to visit the Greek Parthenon. They’ve made a copy of the one that is in Greece and put it in one of Nashville’s parks.
- Nashville is also known for having great barbecue as well as good southern cooking. A couple of the more famous restaurants there are Martin’s Restaurant or Hog Heaven.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. Have you ever been to Nashville. Please let me know.