I have a lot going on. I have a couple of people I’m talking to about booking trips, and I would love to get at least a good start on those before I leave. I’ve had my first article published,, but it was published with a caveat, so I’m trying to figure that out.. And meanwhile, the countdown is on until I leave on my big trip.
I am not traveling by myself. My disability makes that pretty much impossible. But I did think this article was pretty interesting..So let’s discuss this today.
- If you choose to travel by yourself , you are not necessarily choosing to spending your travel time completely by yourself. Solo travel is becoming increasingly popular, and those travelers like to meet up with one another. They like to swap stories, and may even do some traveling together.
- Solo travel is not only for those who are single. Married couples can have varied interests. And sometimes couples want to take a trip together, but may not want to be together 100% of the time.
- Traveling alone can help break you out of your shell. It can get pretty boring and lonely if you never talk to anyone. If you are truly bad about starting a conversation, let someone approach you first. The thing you have to do is to be where other people are. You can hole up with you computer when you’re at home, or even early in the morning or late at night. You’re taking a trip for a reason, please make the most of it.
- If you are traveling by yourself and using good judgment, you should have no big problems. Listen to the locals and take their advice. Use caution in the things that you do. Don’t get drunk when you don’t know anyone around. Try to stay in pretty lit places.
I think we are going to look at this some more tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
Today has been kind of crazy. I had some things to do out of the house this morning, so I’m just going to run through what I need to do this afternoon… I am going out of the country for a couple of weeks, and I do not think I am going to be on my usual things while I’m gone.
But when I saw this article in the travel news, it hit close to home, so I thought we’d take a look at that today
- The first thing that you might want to do is to get an aerial view of the place. A lot of us will be able to do that as we’re coming into the city, landing from a plane. You might also want to look for a tower or the tallest building in the area so you could enjoy the city from that view.
- When you’re completely new to an area, do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask your taxi driver for some spots you might like to see. Ask your hotel manager for good recommendations on sites you might like to see, as well as places to eat. Get advice from the people who live there. They’ll be able to help guide you.
- You might actually want to hire a guide to the city. They will be able to tell you all kinds of interesting facts about the place. They will probably give you a lot of information about their home. Hiring a guide might also be good if you don’t know the language.
- You don’t want to take this huge camera out with you when you first go out exploring. Save the heavy camera for when you know exactly what you want to capture on film. You will have a camera on your phone anyway. Take your snapshots with that. This will also help you blend in with the locals more.
- Sometimes it’s nice not to have a set schedule. Let your adventures take you to where they will. If you see something that looks interesting, take time to watch it. Take time to actually to talk to people.
These are the ideas listed in the article I’m reading. I would love t know your thoughts and opinions.
It’s Saturday, and I’m trying to decide what I should do today and what will keep until Monday. I’m working on my first article with with an editor. I’m hoping to make a pretty big booking before much. I love job, I love being busy.. But I’m kind of ready to take a little break later today.
Here is a question for you. Have you ever gotten tired of traveling? I know I used to. When I was growing up, we moved around a lot, so we have friends in a lot of different places. So sometimes we would go somewhere once a month.. That has changed as I can stay home and have aides come in and help me.. But maybe travel is part of your job. Or maybe you feel like you should travel and see the world, and yet… Something just feels missing.
- You might want to try to take up a new hobby, maybe like photography or rock climbing. You might enjoy doing your new favorite activity in different places around the world.
- Or you might want to start collecting something. Personally I used to collect postcards, and would get one every time we went to somewhere like a museum or battlefield. We were homeschooled, so I had lots of opportunities. Other people like to collect things like foreign money.
- Is your problem that you’re tired of traveling and having nothing to do but be pampered. Do a volunteer trip. There are all kinds trips that will allow you to help. What causes are you passionate about?
- Or maybe you just need to invite a friend. Doing something with a friend always makes things more interesting. Traveling together allows you to get to know someone on a whole new level. And you’ll get another perspective on the place you’re visiting.
I would love to know your thoughts on this. What do you do when you get tired of traveling?
Mardis Gras, a time of celebrating, indulgence, and revelry.. This is a time of feasting right before Ash Wednesday and the season of Lent. Today let’s look at Mardis Gras in New Orleans.
New Orleans is already famous for its Creole cuisine and its great jazz. But this city is most famous for its celebration of Mardis Gras. This season is a time for having parades, of dancing in the streets… Okay, the celebration as we know it today started in 1857. And it looks like the only time they did not have the festivities was during the World Wars.
- First, why is the celebration always on different dates? Mardis Gras, Fat Tuesday, is always celebrated before Ash Wednesday, which is ushers in the season of Lent, which is the forty days before Easter Sunday. And since Easter has to do with Passover, it is determined by the Jewish calendar, which means it is going to fall on different parts of our year. This year, it will be celebrated on February twenty-eighth.
- Is it just celebrated on that Tuesday? No, it is not. Some people celebrate this time of feasting from January sixth, which is epiphany. But normally the big celebrations start twelve days before Fat Tuesday.
- How is it celebrated? commerDuring these twelve days, there are all kinds of parades, private parties. And then, on the actual day, in New Orleans, it’s a holiday and almost no one works… Unless you count being in the huge parade work. The people in the parade will throw out all kinds of trinkets to those that are watching. All you have to say is, “Throw me something, Mister,”. You are going to get everything from plastic drinking cups, to necklaces and commemorative coins.
- Who actually puts on this parade? It costs half a bi dollars to put on a parade like this? In New Orleans, there are non profit clubs called Krewes. The older organizations keep much of what they do to themselves. The newer organizations are much more up front up what they do.
I would love to know your thoughts about this or any questions you might have. And of course, let me know if you want me to book a trip for you.
When you’re planning a cruise, there is always so much to figure out. You have to figure out which cruise you want to go on. Do you want to go on a mainline cruise, a premium cruise, or a luxury cruise? Cruises go all over the world, so where do you want to go? And then, once you decide on a cruise, you will need to decide on what kind of room you want to get. Are you going to want the least most expensive room, or the best room on the ship? Today we are going to talk about some things to consider what kind of room you want.
- First, are you going on the cruise by yourself? Are you going with your husband and children? Is everyone in your entire family, including long lost uncle.. Cruises re going to have accommodations that are perfect for every type of family.. Singles used to have to pay something extra to go by themselves, but a lot of cruiselines have done away with that charge.
- You are going to be able to have adjoining rooms. You can have one room for you and your husband, and your children can be in the room next door.. Or you can get a larger suite, which has several rooms so that your extended family can be all together, and yet still enjoy some privacy at the same time.
- Another thing you should know is that suites are placed higher up on the ships. One advantage this has is that you will be farther away from any of the rocking motion. Another good thing about this is that you should be away from a lot of the activity which will mean less noise and commotion.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that newer ships are much less likely to have that rocking feeling anywhere. But if you are prone to motion sickness, you might still want to be careful.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. Please let me know of any questions you might have.
My mind is going in about fifty different directions of things that need to be done. But to me, that is a good thing, because I love being busy, and I love what I do.
Okay, so the big question is, “How would I go about getting a visa?” And that’s what we are going to answer today.
Whenever you are planning to go out of the country, it is a good idea to see if you are going to need a visa. And figuring this out is something that ultimately rests on your shoulders. Your travel agent may be able to give you an idea of whether or not you might need one, but getting everything done is something that you need to do yourself, and the blame will rest on you if you do not have the paperwork you need. To figure out whether you will need a visa, go to the United States State Department’s website, and look under Americans traveling abroad. From there, you should be able to look up the country you are visit, and find out exactly what you will need.
Your next step should be to go to the country’s Embassy or consulate website. Usually you will be able to go through the visa application process online. But make sure that you have everything printed off as well. You will need to mail them to the country’s embassy. You might also want to print a copy for your records.
Visas cost anywhere between fifty and two hundred dollars. And you will need to pay this by check or money order. Please let me know what questions you have about any of this.
I have several things I want to do to do today. I have heard back from one editor, and have an assignment. And I also have business decisions to make. But I really do enjoy everything I’m doing. But let’s get to this before I do anything else.
Today I’m kind of researching a question I have.. I am a travel agent, and I know I want to primarily with families. And my thought is that I’ll mostly work on cruises and trips in the United States.Still there is so much to learn everywhere I turn. But I’ve been wondering about visas, so let’s look into that more.
First, there is always the question of whether you will need a visa for your trip or not. Usually if you are going anywhere in Europe for less than three months, you will not need a visa. Now you will need a valid passport that will be good no less than six months after you enter the country.
Each country is going to be different when it comes to visas, and what they will allow. Some countries issue different visas depending on your reason for traveling to their country. You might be a student or business person, or you may just want to see their country. Every country is going to charge differently to obtain their visas.
There is a lot of information on this topic, and I think we are going to look more at this tomorrow at least.. I would love to know any specific questions you might have.
I’m a travel agent, so I’m always reading about travel of all kind . And one thing I often hear about is pre and post cruise stays. Today let’s look at some reasons why these stays just make sense.
- The first reason you should book a pre stay is to make sure that you are at your ship when you need to be. There can always be delays whether you are driving or flying. You are responsible to get to the ship if you miss the embarking time, which likely means that you’ll have to get a flight. And I know that some people cruise just so they can avoid flying.
- Doing a pre cruise trip will also help you get better adjusted to the time. I know some people like to go on vacations just to catch up on rest. But you’ll also want to enjoy all the food and fun on a cruise, without walking around in a haze where you can’t really enjoy anything.
- Doing a pre or post trip will give you some more time to enjoy your destination. Some cruises are now allowing you to spend the night in some ports. Other cruiselines will work with you, or rather hopefully us if you’ll use me as your travel agent, to help us figure out pre and post opportunities for you.
- Another reason to do a pre or post trip is simply to enjoy being on vacation a little longer. Why rush back home if you don’t have to? Take your time. Maybe you saw something on you cruise that you’d really like to come back to. You should easily be able to do that with a post trip.
As usual, I would love to know your thoughts about this.
Ever feel like the more you just want to get everything finished, the more you feel like you need to get done? Today is kind of one of those days for me.
So I decided I wanted to do something fun on this, so today we are going to look at Disney cruises.. Going to the Disney parks can be fun, even for the adults. Some adults even go to the parks without children. But going to the parks can wear most anyone out. You just have so much to see and do.. Their cruises can be enjoyed at whatever pace you want.. Some other reasons you might want to consider a Disney cruise are.
- They are extremely family friendly. I hear that other cruiselines have mostly raunchy shows. They will also have casinos. Right now, I can’t remember if Disney is starting to venture into the gambling arena or not. But I do know that most of their shows are going to be very family friendly. They are going to have live shows, Disney movies you can watch pretty much any time you want, and things like that.
- Disney, of course, loves kids. They are going to do everything they can to keep your children safe. They have fantastic kids’ clubs. They will also a lot of fun things for your teens to do, allowing them to have good, clean fun.
- Castaway is the name of Disney’s private island, and this is a great place for families to relax together. You are going to be able to do all kinds of water sports. It also has a water park.. And since it is an island, you can always relax on the beautiful beaches when you get tired of doing other things.
- The crew on board these ships is supposed to be phenomenal. They strive to make everyone feel like royalty.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. Has anyone been on a Disney cruise before? Is it anyone’s dream trip? Please let me know.
First, I want to thank everyone because I have been gting a lot of likes and follows lately. I appreciate the positive feedback, especially now I’m trying to get punished on other sites. It looks like I may be on a long journey here, but I’m up to the challenge.
The question is, are you ready for the challenge of taking your young kids on vacation with you? You’ve gone through pregnancy, you’ve survived their birth. But now you and your husband are ready to go on vacation. And while you wouldn’t want to leave your little one behind, you also feel kind of nervous about bringing them with you. Here are some ideas that might help.
- Going to an all-inclusive resort is going to be your easiest option. These properties will have your accommodations, the restaurants, and your entertainment all together in one place. You won’t need to get in and out of the car. You will have already paid for everything you are going to do.. Sometimes resorts will have nurseries or inexpensive babysitting you can take advantage of.
- Putting a trip together can get complicated, especially if you are trying to coordinate your flights, hotels, car rentals, and all those details?It is better to have everything all set up well in advance to make sure everything is taken care of.
- Try to pack on the light side. Babies and little children do not care if they wear the same things over and over. A lot of places you are going to go have laundry facilities.
- But if you have a little older children, you will want to pack a little treat bag for each child that you are traveling with. Put toys, games and snacks inside.
These are just some ideas.. I would love to know your thoughts.