If you want to take a trip while your kids are on spring break, now is the time to start planning it. Spring break is not as bad as summer because school districts stagger their spring breaks. In summer, unless your child goes to year-round school, everyone pretty much has the same break.. Today let’s talk about taking a cruise during spring break.
- Booking a cruise early is always a good idea, especially when you know that the time frame is going to be popular. Book early so you can get what you want.
- Know that you are likely going to have to pay a little more for cruises during this time. If you want the least expensive cruises, you would want to go in either February or in either September or October. Some of the most popular cruiselines with families are Carnival, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Lines, and of course there are also Disney Cruises that are in the family category.
- There will likely be many other families on your cruise. Expect crowds and longer rides. Treat others like you would want to be treated. You might make some good friends on board these ships.
- Especially if you have older children or teens, you might want to consider some other cruiselines, even if they do cost a little more. Some of your options here might be Celebrity Cruises and Holland America.
- Not everyone on board is going to have children of their own. And while a lot of older people like children, and can become like psuedo grandparents, most also like to see well behaved children. Meals and other times when you are around other guests are great times to work on manners.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.