Today has been kind of crazy. I had some things to do out of the house this morning, so I’m just going to run through what I need to do this afternoon… I am going out of the country for a couple of weeks, and I do not think I am going to be on my usual things while I’m gone.
But when I saw this article in the travel news, it hit close to home, so I thought we’d take a look at that today
- The first thing that you might want to do is to get an aerial view of the place. A lot of us will be able to do that as we’re coming into the city, landing from a plane. You might also want to look for a tower or the tallest building in the area so you could enjoy the city from that view.
- When you’re completely new to an area, do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask your taxi driver for some spots you might like to see. Ask your hotel manager for good recommendations on sites you might like to see, as well as places to eat. Get advice from the people who live there. They’ll be able to help guide you.
- You might actually want to hire a guide to the city. They will be able to tell you all kinds of interesting facts about the place. They will probably give you a lot of information about their home. Hiring a guide might also be good if you don’t know the language.
- You don’t want to take this huge camera out with you when you first go out exploring. Save the heavy camera for when you know exactly what you want to capture on film. You will have a camera on your phone anyway. Take your snapshots with that. This will also help you blend in with the locals more.
- Sometimes it’s nice not to have a set schedule. Let your adventures take you to where they will. If you see something that looks interesting, take time to watch it. Take time to actually to talk to people.
These are the ideas listed in the article I’m reading. I would love t know your thoughts and opinions.