I have to confess, Saturday I was just wanting to get a few things done.. Today I’m hopefully going to I am going to get a lot more done. I have several people I am talking to about trips. I have lots of e-mail to work through. And then there’s the article writing stuff.. I also have friends to catch up with… Anyway, let’s get down to business.
Layovers… That’s something I’m more familiar with after my trip.. But anyway, what do you do during layovers? Do you just sit and wait at the airport? Do you go out and try to explore the city you’re in?.. Here are some suggestions.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is to know exactly how long your layover is. Are you going to have time to do anything. Remember you are going to have to get through customs and security and everything. You are going to want to give yourself a good hour to get through all that.
- Want to just get your travel over with? Look and see if there is an earlier flight you might be able to get on… Now, this does work best if you only have carry on luggage.
- If you are a frequent flyer, you might want to invest in the priority passes. These will get you into the nice lounges where you can get free food, and I’m not just talking about peanuts here.
- Sometimes airports are going to have mini tours of their cities. You might want to ask someone who works at the airport if they can point you in the right direction. You will need five to seven hours to do these tours, and again, give yourself an hour to get the necessary things done at the airport.
- Airports these days have places for children to play, work off some of their energy. They have spas. They have nice sit-down restaurants.
I would love to know what you do uring your layovers.