It’s that time of year again. a lot of people are about to get married. A lot of people will also graduate from both high school and college. Today we are going to focus on college graduates.
Before your graduate becomes tied to a nine to five with little time off, why not take him on a vacation that your whole family will remember for years to come?
Think about where your graduate would like to go. Is he a Disney fan? Has she always wanted to go to Europe but has never gotten the chance? Or would they rather just go relax at a nice beach and have a break from everything between finals and starting their careers?
Have you considered taking his friends along? Trips are usually more fun with friends, especially for younger people.
If you want to plan a surprise trip, please make sure that this is a trip that your graduate will enjoy. You don’t want to do a cruise and then have your graduate be absolutely miserable the whole time. You can get a feel for what they would like without ruining the okay aspect.
If your graduate can’t get away, consider getting them a nice set of luggage. Another alternative would be to give them language lessons.. Are there travel related gifts you would like to get your graduates, I would love to hear about them.
You may have guessed this, but I love talking about Disney. I think it’s because most everything they do is so family friendly. And from what I hear, they have some of the best service around.. Disney World itself is a huge place, filled with fun for everyone. Today let’s look some unusual things you can do there.
- Ever just want to curl up in front of a movie while enjoying a good meal? Disney has dine-in theaters. It sounds like you can choose from different restaurants. This sounds like the perfect way to relax in between all of the fun and excitement of Disney World.
- Have an aspiring cowboy or cowgirl in your family? You might want to hit the trails at their Fort Wilderness Resort. They have horses you can ride, and you will also be able to ride in a wagon. Take part in an old fashioned campfire, complete with roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. You will be watching a movie here too.
- Looking for the ectsouvenir to send back to family and friends, why not send a coconut? You can get these at several different shops
- Is your family competitive? Do you like playing putt putt? Disney has not one, but two putt putt courses. This is another thing you can do when you want some quieter time.Have you ever dreamed of riding in a hot air balloon? Why not get a bird’s eye view of your favorite parks?
I would love to hear your favorite ways to enjoy Disney.
I have several things I would like to get done. There are people I need to get in touch with about trips. I am going to be looking into guest blogging. But first let’s get this taken care of for the day.
Cruises. Some people love them. Others aren’t sure if a cruise is right for them. Today we are going to look at some specifics about the Vista.
- This one is kind of random, but you are going to want to bring conditioner on your trip. hey will have body wash and shampoo, but not conditioner. You can get it at the gift shop, but your best bet would be to pack some in your checked bag.
- You will want to get to shows as early as possible. Take a book or magazine, or simply enjoy being with the people you come with. You are going to enjoy some great comedy.
- If you are primarily looking to enjoy the cruiseship and not especially interested in the ports, you’ll be able to enjoy a lot of things more when everyone else goes es to the port. One thing you’ll definitely want to wait on is the SkyRide.
- There are some great specialty restaurants that you may want to enjoy more than once. If you think there is a restaurant you’ll want to eat at twice, make your reservations for your first meal at the beginning of your trip.
But you will also want to keep in mind that there will be plenty of dining options that will not charge you anything extra. And it’s not just the main dining facilities either. Places that serve burgers, pizza, and even a barbecue place is going to be totally free of charge.I would love to know if you are interested in a cruise.. And let me know if you want my help planning your summer vacation. It is not too early to start planning.
I’m kind of in the midst of a busier season, have been traveling with Mom some, and we are going to be busy for two weekends. And then, I’m hoping that things will kind of settle down after that.. I’m trying to make the most of my computer time, slowly getting caught up on e-mail and things like that.. But anyway..
I don’t deal with credit cards much. But I do watch tv from time to, and, of course, have heard a little about travel reward programs. Today let’s look at some tips for making the most of those.
- A lot of these cards are going to give you bonuses when you first sign up. But you will want to read the fine print carefully. They may want you to spend a certain amount on the credit card in a certain time frame if you want to get your bonus. And I’m sorry to say that you usually have to spend that exact amount, credit cards usually don’t cut you slack.
- Some credit cards are going to let you to save up as many points as you want. Other cards want you to use your points within a year or two. Again, you are going to have to read quite carefully to see which kind of card yours is.
- Cards are going to give extra points when you buy certain things. Sometimes they are going to give you extra points on things like food all the time. Other times, you will be able to get more points on certain things at certain times. You will want to get a good understanding of the way things work with your card from the beginning.
- If your goal is to get as much money off on your travel, don’t spend your points on other things. You will likely get more for your money when you redeem your points on travel anyway.
- Don’t spend money on things you do not need just because you’ll get more reward. Use your credit card as part of your budget, paying it off at the end of every month.
These are some ideas from the article I’m reading. I would love to know your thoughts about this.
People travel for all kinds of reasons. Some people love to take exciting adventures. Some like to meet new people, exploring people. Some like to go just to get a break from their day to day routines. And some people like to travel because they like to experience new foods. Today’s post is going to be for the last group.
You may love to cook and get the recipes of all the dishes you love, but some recipes just can not be perfectly replicated here at home. We may not have all the foods that they will in other countries. And besides, don’t you want to try meals prepared by the great chefs, people who are now experts at preparing the dishes you love? Let’s look at some things you can do to make the most out of your adventure.
- Concierges generally tell guests what has been popular with previous previous guess like or have found interesting. They like to play it pretty safe. Unless you can develop a better relationship with your concierge, and tell him exactly the types of things that you are looking for.
- If you are able to, talk to the locals about some of the restaurants they like and why. This will help you understand their culture more. You might even get invited to eat at their house, this will open your eyes to all kinds of things.
- You will also want to do your research online. There are websites that describe restaurants and what they serve . You will also be able to get a feel for if this is going to be a fancy restaurant or not.
- But if you want to stay in a villa or somewhere nice like that, you will have your choice of whether you want to have your own personal chef. They will be able to cook whatever you want. You’ll likely also be able to have cooking lessons this way.
Please let me know if you re wanting to plan a trip like this. I will be more than happy to help you out.
I wrote this last Saturday, but didn’t get to publish.
Spring break happens at different times, depending on where you live. If yours is still coming up , you might want to consider going to the Bahamas. It’s been a pretty popular place with both college students and families for quite a while. Let’s look at some things you can do there..
- Harbor Island’s Pink Sand Beach is not only beautiful, especially if you’re a girl who loves pink, its calm waters make it a great place to spend the day swimming or snorkeling.
- If what appeals to you the most about a beach is its beauty, you might want to try Cape Santa Maria’s beach. It is a great place for swimming and snorkeling as well. But here you will also catch some amazing sunsets. This would also be a great place to go diving.
- When it comes to nightlife, the Bahamas has a little something for everyone. Do you like dancing the night away at clubs? Is your ideal gambling? Or would you rather just relax listening to live music?
f you’re wanting to go see our nation’s capitol, now would be a great time to go because it is beautiful with cherry blossoms. Today lets look at some hotel packages that are available.
- First, let’s look at the Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C. This place has been recently renovated and has been designed for comfort and rejuvenation. You are going to be on the water at this place. They have a package that will be available through May twenty-fourth, and you can get this whenever you stay more than two nights. You will get a hanami style picnic for two. You will also get breakfast each day of your stay.
- The Rosewood Washington D.C. is located in Georgetown, and again, this place is designed for relaxation after your days of touring. You are going to get breakfast for two each morning. You will also get a tour of the city, and a kite-flying kit.
- If you stays at the Hay-Adams, you will be staying near 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, which is where the first family lives. Here you will get a nice pastry. You will get a full American breakfast each morning of your stay. You will have to stay three nights to get this package.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of these. Let me know your questions.
I am going to say this up front, we’ve been out most of the day, and I’m tired. But anyway, I am going to try to do this.
You go on these vacations and have these awesome times, but how do you hold on to these precious memories ? Today we are going to look at some ways you might want to try.
- some people love to scrapbook. And you can do a scrapbook of anything. Save your airline tickets, brochures, menus from the restaurants you went to, whatever you want. It doesn’t have to be just your pictures.
- I am putting together an album on Facebook of my big trip. To be honest, I’m loving it. Going through the pictures, writing about a lot of the pictures does bring back great memories.
- You may be able to guess this, but I journal about everything. It’s a great way to help you remember. But a journal is for you. You can do anything you want on your our journal. It doesn’t have to be complete thoughts even. Figure out what works best for you.
- You may also want to just take city maps of the places you visit and mark your favorite places. This will likely be the least time consuming thing to do. You may even want to frame these maps.
These are only a few ideas. Do what works best for you. I would love to hear some of the ideas you come up with.
I need to apologize. I’ve been around family and friends this week. I know I will want to take time off later this year, so I’m trying to do the basics, and so I’m kind of rushing trough.. That is why my posts have been shorter.
I have been talking to two brides. There is a lot to plan when it comes to planning a wedding. And I can help not only with planning your honey, but also with getting a place for your guests to stay the weekend of your event. Please let me know if you want my help.
- I know you are trying to figure out so many different things. The thing is, you can make your travel arrangements well in advance so that you can get that taken care of before you get really busy.
- Have some idea on how much you want to spend on your special trip. Are you going to try to have family and friends help pay for your trip? Again, ask them early on so you can get an idea of a budget together.
- Talk about your expectations of your special trip as a couple. This is a special trip, one you may have dreamed of most of your life. You will want to get your expectations out in the open.
- This is a time you may want to consider using your reward points. Check out what different resorts have to offer, sometimes they will do special things for a honeymoon couple.
- And remember, you do not need to go on your honeymoon right after your wedding. You may need to get back to work because you took time off planning everything. You may be too tired to do much except sleep those first few days. Or you might get a much better deal putting your special trip off.
These are just some ideas from an article I’ve read. I would love to know your thoughts.
Yes, I know you can book a hotel yourself. But let’s look at a couple of reasons to book through a travel agent.
- This is our job. Looking at travel is what we do day by day. We know the best places for the right prices. We’ll know how to get the right thing for you.
- Going through us will save you time and frustration. If we do not know something, we can ask someone that knows.
- Hotels and places like that see us travel agents and know we can make or break them.. They may not listen to someone staying there one week. But they will listen to someone who can send them business over and over.