I’m kind of in the midst of a busier season, have been traveling with Mom some, and we are going to be busy for two weekends. And then, I’m hoping that things will kind of settle down after that.. I’m trying to make the most of my computer time, slowly getting caught up on e-mail and things like that.. But anyway..
I don’t deal with credit cards much. But I do watch tv from time to, and, of course, have heard a little about travel reward programs. Today let’s look at some tips for making the most of those.
- A lot of these cards are going to give you bonuses when you first sign up. But you will want to read the fine print carefully. They may want you to spend a certain amount on the credit card in a certain time frame if you want to get your bonus. And I’m sorry to say that you usually have to spend that exact amount, credit cards usually don’t cut you slack.
- Some credit cards are going to let you to save up as many points as you want. Other cards want you to use your points within a year or two. Again, you are going to have to read quite carefully to see which kind of card yours is.
- Cards are going to give extra points when you buy certain things. Sometimes they are going to give you extra points on things like food all the time. Other times, you will be able to get more points on certain things at certain times. You will want to get a good understanding of the way things work with your card from the beginning.
- If your goal is to get as much money off on your travel, don’t spend your points on other things. You will likely get more for your money when you redeem your points on travel anyway.
- Don’t spend money on things you do not need just because you’ll get more reward. Use your credit card as part of your budget, paying it off at the end of every month.
These are some ideas from the article I’m reading. I would love to know your thoughts about this.