I have several things I want to do today and this week.. Unless I get busy with a client, or more than one, which I would certainly not complain about at all, I should have sometime to work on writing stuff. I also have some training I want to look into.. But as always, I want to make sure this gets done and that e-mail gets done before I start on any big projects.
Viking is getting more and more popular as time passes. They are best known for being an upscale river cruiseline. They are known to have bigger, nicer accommodations, excellent service, and they just have the finer things of life everywhere you turn.They also are a lot more all inclusive than a lot of other cruiselines.
They are now getting their start in ocean cruising as well. Viking has just added their third ocean cruise ship to its fleet, with plans to add a fourth by the end of this year. The majority of their ocean cruises will take place in the Americas and Europe, the Caribbean and Australia.
A lot of cruises are only about having fun, doing frivolous things from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed. Viking caters to older couples, especially those who love learning and embrace culture. Viking has libraries on all their ships with literature from the places you are traveling to. They design their itineraries so that you’ll spend more time in port, able to explore everything you want to. Their small ships allow you to go to places the huge ships would never be able to get you to.
Have you been on a Viking ‘s cruise? I would love to hear about it.
I know I’ve mentioned this trip before, but one fall my family drove out west. There were seven of us children at that point, so we were always looking for inexpensive hotels and lodging. I know we stayed at a campground, and we also stayed with friends and family along the way.. Anyway, I do remember we spent one night in Vegas, and I know we got a pretty inexpensive om there.. I was seventeen or eighteen at that time… I’m wondering now if you could get better deals than you can these days.. A lot of the time, you are still going to be able to get a good deal on a room. Here are some tips that might help.
- You will save a lot of money if you stay somewhere besides the strip. Even staying a few blocks away is going to save you about fifty percent. Stay in the inexpensive hotel chains or in hotels that have small casinos.
- Book a stay in one of the hotels downtown if you don’t want want to be too far away from the action. Some of these hotels will have great deals for you. You can always find a taxi or other means of transportation if you have flown in.
- Stay in off brand hotels. This is an especially good idea if you are going to just want a bed and a shower. True, you can never be sure what you’re getting, but it might be worth the experiment.
- This might be the perfect time to book your reward nights . Book it early enough, and you won’t even have to use an exorbitant amount of points.
Have you been to Vegas? I would love to hear your stories.. Well, the ones you can tell online.
Sometime in the next month or two, college kids are going to go on spring break. If you are a college student, or know a college student, here are some tips to make your trip fantastic.
- First, no matter where you are going, you are not too far out to book your trip. Unfortunately, it is quite the opposite. Most anything you are going to book now is going to be pretty expensive.. The time you should plan for a spring break is October. But booking now is better than doing everything at the last minute , like when you get to your chosen destination.
- Be wise with what you do with what you do with your money and travel documents. Keep them in a safe place where you are staying. You may think you know your friends, both the one you’re traveling with, and the ones you meet there. But it is always wisest to be cautious.
- Think it would cost too much to go out of the country? Think again. A lot of other countries have a lower of living than what we do here. Most of the European countries and even Cancun have a lower cost of living. A word of caution about Cancun, it is going to be very crowded at this time.
- College students, if this is your first trip without your parents, or other chaperones, the temptation might be to go wild, but please don’t. Be on your guard. It might be wise to pretend your grandparents are with you on vacation with you , and don’t do anything you wouldn’t do if they really were.
- All inclusive resorts may have the best deals around. But unfortunately for college students, resorts usually want to see at least one person who is over twenty-five. So, do you have an older friend you’d like to take with you on this vacation? Disney’s resorts have an eighteen year old age limit, so that’s one alternative.
I would love to know what your spring break plans are. Feel like sharing?
Spring break is right around the corner. And then we are going to turn around and it will be summer. It is not too early to begin making your summer vacation plans. Resorts and places like that tend to fill up quickly during the lazy days of summer. Today let’s look at some places you might not want to miss the opportunity to book.
- The first hotel we are going to look at is called The Archer, and it is located in the heart of New York City. This is a boutique hotel which is about twenty-two stories tall. Surprise treats and excellent service await you at this hotel.
- The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes is in the amusement park capitol of the city, Orlando, Florida. Experience farm to table dining. Enjoy their fabulous spa while your husband plays a round of golf. This place has plenty to keep both adults and children busy throughout their stay. And not leaving the resort might be your best option considering how busy summers are in this city.
- Are you hoping to mix some history in with your summer vacation? Why not go to Boston and stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Be near Bunker Hill and Boston Public Library. Return to the opulent hotel for luxury and some fantastic dining.
- You may want to explore the beaches and culture of Miami. If so, be sure to book a stay at Loews Miami Beach. They have recently remodeled the hotel, and are basically going to have everything you’ll want right there. They’ll have some excellent dining, a beautiful pool, great decor, and let’s not forget some fantastic rooms to stay in.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of these, or any questions you might have.
Everything is different when you start having kids.. Well, that’s what I’m told. Marriage is different, becomes more complicated. Your relationships with other family changes.. You start going out with friends less, and start worrying about things at home more.. Well, travel changes too. Today we are going to look at some things you might want to consider.
- Maybe not when you’re traveling with your first infant, babies tend to sleep through everything. Bu, but as your children come and get older it’s wise to get more than one room at a hotel. This is especially true if you’re staying in a hotel for more than just a night or two. Parents usually like to go to bed later than they want their children to go to bed. If you have another room, you may feel freer to enjoy time as a couple, talking or watching tv.
- Traveling with kids is not the best time to fly by the seat of your pants. Go on and make the reservations for the hotel. Make sure you have your rental car all lined up. Do the necessary planning so that everyone is comfortable on your trip trip. Better yet, let me help you make all of those plans.
- A lot of places are going to have things like cribs, strollers and bikes available for rent. If you are going on an airplane and need to be careful about how much luggage you bring, why not rent the things you need.
- Planning a family vacation is about balance. You want your kids to have a great time, you don’t want them whining. But at the same time, you want to have a nice time yourself. Finding the balance can be tricky, especially if you have kids with different interests.
- Family vacations are also the wrong times to try to squeeze everything in that you want to do. Pace yourselves. Especially if your children are younger, try to do the major thing you want to do that day done in the morning. Take a break and go back to the hotel. Relax, those who are old enough not to need naps can enjoy pool time. And then you can venture out again in the evenings.
These are some ideas I’ve gotten from the internet. But I would love to hear your tips and ideas. Please let