When Mom and I went on our trip, the first full day we were there we had no real plans, so one of the things we did was go to the grocery store. It was a small store, bigger than a convenience store but much smaller than the stores we have here.. And when we went to Jerusalem, we made a couple of trips to their market. Now that place was huge. And they had a bunch of stalls with all kinds of things. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to visit a grocery store when visiting a foreign country.
- Going to the grocery store gives you an understanding of the food in the place you’re visiting. You will get a feel for what’s fresh and whats ‘not.Their pricing will also tell you about which foods are easily had there.
- Visiting a grocery store also allow you to watch how the locals shop and live. Few people are thinking about putting on an act here. The agenda is always to get the food you need, maybe catch up with the neighbors.
- This will also help you get to know their language. You can see a lot of the food inside these packages and can read their names.
- Buying food there is going to save you a god bit of money rather than eating in restaurants the whole time. You might want to get stuff for breakfast and lunch and then eat dinners out.
- This is also a great way to get souvenir. We I know we got several gifts for my family from the market.