There are many, many things that I’d like to get done today. I have some things I want to try with my writing. So let me do this so that I can get to other things.
Summer will officially be here next week. But hopefully by now most everyone’s school has let out. I know when school lets out depend on a wide variety of factors. And then there are our homeschooling who might have gotten out months or might not really take a summer break. Whatever you do, I hope you take one summer vacation as a family. Today let’s take a look at some more tips for traveling with children.
- You will want to make up a little bag for each child. Put in their favorite small toys, maybe a game or two, snacks that they will enjoy. For the littler people in your family, you may even want to include a change of clothes.
- Hopefully the bags I’ve described are going to keep them busy for a good while. Consider rewarding good behavior with time on your phone or IPad.
- But keep in mind that driving time is also a good time to talk and enjoy being together. Tell stories about what things were like as you were growing up. Play games the whole family can enjoy on the road.
- While you are on vacation, you shouldn’t always be rushing from one activity to the next. Take some time each day where everyone simply reads a book or maybe watches a movie together. Probably the best time to do this is right before dinner so that everyone will enjoy the evening’s fun.
- You are going to want to pick the best accommodations for you and your family and the trip that you want to take. Some resorts cater to children, others cat to adults. You want to go some place that is going to be welcoming to your idea of fun.
Helping you plan your vacation just the way you want it is what I’m here for. Please let me know if you would like my help.