Let’s face it. Getting to a cruise is not always fun or easy. Depending on where you live, you might have to drive several hours. You may even have to fly. But let’s look at some things that should make getting to your cruise easier.
- It is highly recommended to give yourself a day between getting to the city where your port is and when you actually get on board your ship. You can never know what might go wrong when you’re traveling. And it’s just going to add stress if you get behind for whatever reason.
- Especially if you are flying, have a plan to know how you are going to get to your port. Are you going to take a taxi or Uber? Might the city have a bus system?
- Dressing in layers is always wise. You can never be sure what the weather will be like. And you can always pull your sweater overshirt off.
- Try to pack everything you might need in your carryon. You don’t know when your other luggage might arrive. And it is always a good idea to be safe rather than sorry.Pack everything you know you’ll need in this. Have your documentation and any medication you might need in here, and then add whatever clothes you can.
- A lot of the major cruiselines are going to have people taking pictures of you as you board. They may even have a pirate you can take pictures with. Be prepared for that.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.