I have several other things I would like to get to today, which guess is pretty typical for a Monday. So let me do this first to make sure that it does get done.
Last Saturday we started talking about bachelorette getaways. Let’s continue that discussion today.
- It is always a good idea to get to know any new destination you are going to go try out. And this is something that I would be more than happy to help you figure out if I’m helping you put this trip together. Figure out some rough ideas of what you might like to do while you are on your getaway. Again, you may want to check with the bride to get her input. With everyone together, you might want to have your bridal shower, especially if you’re planning on doing a more intimate shower.
- You’ll want to plan your events around what the bride and everyone else likes. If most everyone likes to sleep in, don’t really plan anything until afternoon. Is the bride going to be comfortable with going out for drinks? Are there traditions your group has, like maybe you watch a certain movie every time you get together? Or maybe you like cooking together. Think of those things and include them.
- Sometimes all we girls really want is to have time to talk and catch up. You may want to get some nice foods for everyone. If a lot of your guests are on a budget, this may be a great way to go.Or maybe your group is just especially close, and you don’t want all the distractions of somewhere you don’t know well. Still, you will at least want to plan a nice meal out or a shopping excursion.
- Alternatively, if most of you are established in your careers and have some extra cash, you may want to check out an exotic location. Is there somewhere your group has dreamed of going together? Again, you will want to discuss these options with the bride and find out what works best for her.
I think I am going to stop here. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
I’ve done something this morning that I’ve known some time needed to be done. I’ve redone my profile on this. Hopefully this explains how we can work together. I would love to know your thoughts about this. And planning this is usually the job of the Maid of Honor to make that clear.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to talk to the bride, and find out what she wants this getaway to be like. Yes, this is for everyone, but it is her special time. She’s been trying to balance work, planning her wedding, and everything else she needs to do. Having a vacation with the people she considers her closest friends will hopefully relax her before her big day. She is going to have contact information for everyone she wants to have at this gathering.
- Find out how much of the actual planning she wants to do. Some brides know exactly what they want and want to make sure everything is exactly how they want it. Others need someone else to handle all of the details.
- Decide on the dates that will work best for everyone. If everyone is relatively close by, you might want to do this pretty close to to the time of the actual wedding. If people are spread out farther, you might want to have it farther out so that everyone is not worn out from traveling right before the wedding.
- Planning these events can take some time. Decide if you want to do all of the work yourself, or if you want some help doing this. You can get other friends to help put everything together. Or you can have your friendly travel agent help you.
I think I am going to get back into this on Monday. I would love to know any thoughts or questions you might have about any of this.
I’m usually talking about taking vacations here. [Since I’m a travel agent, that’s pretty much expected.] I believe in work\life balance. I believe it is good and right to work, to find a job we love and pour ourselves into it, but making sure we make time for our family and friends. And of course, I believe in taking vacations when we need to.. If it is time to start planning your next vacation, I would love to be the one to help you through that process.
For those looking to take a romantic getaway, a Couples’ Resort might be the ideal spot. Today we are going to take a to look at some reasons why that is.
- First, all inclusive tends to be a word that is used a lot when we talk about vacations, but each travel vendor defines exactly what that means with their company. With Couples’, you are going to probably going to get everything you’ll want at the up front price. You are going to get all of your meals covered any time that you want to eat, day or night. You’ll get to take part in their nightly entertainment at no charge. You’ll also get free golf, I do not see many places that say that. You’ll also get to participate in off-site trips.
- You will also have access to a “romance conceirge” who will help you line up everything that you will want to do on your vacation.
- Let’s look some at their accommodations. It looks like a lot of their suites are actually little bungalows which give you a lot of privacy. These are quiet retreats which will give the perfect place to relax with the one you love. Itlooks like a lot of these units will not have tvs.
- Okay, I said earlier that all your meals are included, but what kind of food experience ? It looks like you can choose from a little bit of everything. There is a grill which will be opened 24/7. They have a place where you can get sandwich. They also have a nice breakfast place. hey have a nice Asian restaurant they also have several nice places for you to do dinners.
- But maybe you have gone and explored all day, and all you really want to do is relax in your rooms. They will accommodate you. They will also serve you breakfast in bed. Looking to rekindle those sparks? Try having dinner in the moonlight here you will enjoy a nice three-course dinner, complete with wine.
I would love to help you book a vacation at one of these resorts. Please let me know if you are interested.
I have several things I am going to try to get done. I still have a lot of e-mail that I need to go through after being gone for three weeks. I think I have another article I am about ready to send out. And I just have a lot of other ideas. So I am going to write about something fairly familiar.
First, let’s go through some of why it is wise to use a travel agent.. I personally do not charge anything over and above what I will make from commissions from your hotel and whatever other vendors we may use to book your dream trips. I’ll be honest, I have not done much booking myself yet , but I’m part of a large host agency. And if something does not go right on the trips hotels and other vendors usually listen better to travel agents who can either send a lot of business their way or avoid them like the plague.
My hope is that when you book one trip through me, you’ll find out how easy and convenient it is to book through me and will want to book all your trips through me. So it truly helps when I can learn as much about you and your family as I can. What kind of hotels do you like to stay in? Do you like the idea of an all inclusive vacation, where a lot of your meals and other activities are covered? Do you want to rough it on your trip, or do you like luxury? These are just a few of the questions I will be asking when you start working with me.
But I know that all good relationships are not one sided. It help when you get to know me as well. I love this job. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for this business. And mainly they revolve around helping families reconnect through travel. Families are so busy these days with all of their activities that they make little time for each other. Vacations take us out of our busy lives and help us reconnect with the ones we love most.
Could your family really use a vacation? Or do you know of another family that might? Please let me know.
You can’t imagine how good it feels to be back to work after being gone for a little more than three weeks. Part of my “vacation”, if you want to call it that wasn’t much fun at all , my communication device had to be sent off to be worked on. I had to wait about a week to get my loaner. In the grand scheme of things I know a week isn’t maybe, but it felt like a long time. When I had gotten the loaner, I had two days where I had internet before I was going out of town. I had problems figuring out the e-mail I had connected to this. I couldn’t figure out the password and was getting pretty frustrated with all of that, and then I tried a different way to get in. I should have tried that in the first place, but anyway. Live and learn.. And I guess I said a lot of this in yesterday’s post, but I’m so glad to have everything working again.
If unlike me, you haven’t taken any time completely away from work, there’s still time. Labor Day is still a little over a month away. And for us who e in the South, it should still be pretty warm until the middle of October. Vacationing when most other people have already had their break is nice, especially for those who who hate crowds. In fact, many hotels are going to give you better deals so that they will have some money coming in during this slower time. Let’s look at some of these deals.
- The first deal that we are going to look at today is in Atlanta, which is near where I’m from and I have several siblings in that area as well. There is a really nice hotel in the Buckhead area called the St Regis Atlanta. Here you will find butler service available. This hotel has a great pool and a spa.
- Next we are going to take a look at something in the city of brotherly love. The Logan Square sounds like an excellent place to explore. Here you will find several nice restaurants as well as a nice place to picnic. They also have some nice museums in this area. Hilton has a nice hotel called simply The Logan Hotel. You will be able to collect points from this hotel.
Please let me know if I can help you book any trips. I would love to help someone book a trip any time..
My communication device, which is also my computer, had to be sent off to get work done three weeks ago, I was given a loaner a week later. And two days after that we left for camp.. I was planning to take the time I was away at camp off anyway..
Getting my loaner device up and running has taken longer than I would have like.. I couldn’t remember my password for this, but also couldn’t remember my password for the e-mail I use for this. It’s been kind of crazy, but I’m back and feeling a lot better about everything.
I know I’m always saying we need to take more time off. I don’t do much of that myself though. I truly enjoy what I do, and get pretty bored if I’m not working unless we have family or friends around.. I should be back to my normal postings tomorrow
Yesterday did not go the way I had thought or hoped it might. We ended up having problems with our internet and different things.
But anyway, let’s get back to our discussion about destination weddings. Let’s go through some tips.
- Decide who you really want to come to your special event. People do a lot of different things. People will only have their closest family and friends. And then they may do a bigger party before or after their actual marriage, others decide not to do a big party at all. Other people choose to do a huge destination wedding, inviting everyone they know.. If guests will be paying for themselves, try to keep their costs pretty low.
- You will want to give serious thought about when you want to do this wedding. are you trying to avoid the crowds, or do you want to be right in the middle of the huge parties? Your travel agent should be able you figure out the best time to go as far as the weather.
- Know how much you want to spend and stick to that. You don’t want to be arguing over finances on your honeymoon, do you? You’re probably going to be spending more than your guests. But keep in mind that this is your wedding and honeymoon rolled into one.
- You are going to need to figure out the legalities of the place you are going and how how you will be able to be legally married. If this gets complicated, consider going to the justice of the peace beforehand to make sure everything is right.
- It is usually best to plan these pretty far in advance, so that you will get exactly what you want. These events are popular and book up quickly.