We are going to just see if I have time to do this. Everything should be back to normal on Monday. But you never know what might happen. Someone might eat the sun. [Sorry, I had a children’s book about the eclipse, and everyone in the book thought someone was eating the Sun.
Not being sure how much computer time I have and wanting to make the most of the time I do have, let’s look at some cruise news.
- Carnival is announcing more sailings to 2018. It looks like you’ll be able to choose from six and eight day sailings. As usual, Carnival is going to have a little something for everyone.
- Carnival is also working at getting easier on the environment. They have a whole list on a website of all the changes they are going to be making the corporation has been working on this for a while and has already made great progress.
- Viking cruiseline is going to start exploring the Vikings’ territory, which seems quite fitting, don’t you think? It looks like they are going to do everything they can to take you back to that culture.
I would love to know which of these stories sparks your interest.
I have several things I’d like to do today. Not sure how much I am going to get to, but I’ll figure it out. Part of it is not being sure how much should do without being sure how much I am going to be online the rest of the week.
I think science and math were my least favorite subjects growing up. I’ve always been more into people and their lives than anything. But we did used to live in Franklin, North Carolina which is where a lot of people are gathering. So I think that’s kind of cool. But I need to be honest, my motivation for writing this is to focus on some happier news. My heart is pretty heavy over what is going on in Charlottesville and this nation right now. I don’t think we have the right to ignore what’s going on. We need to pray for this nation to come back to the Lord. And now I am going to step off this soapbox and get back to my regular post.
Like I said, I’m not much of a scientist or astronomer, but I’m reading an article by someone who has always been into these eclipses. Let’s talk some about what he has to say.
- First he says that he wouldn’t much with partial eclipses. And this is someone who has traveled great distances to see eclipses over the years. He says you will just be let down in a partial eclipse.
- Since nothing like this has happened recently, we have no idea how it is going to affect traffic. There will be millions people trying to get into these tiny places. I’ve heard that every hotel room is already booked in Franklin.
- And try to resist the urge to take a eclipse selfie. Everyone and his brother will be doing this. But seeing this for yourself is going to be so much more awesome than taking a picture anyway.
I would love to know your thoughts or if anyone goes to see this.
Tuesday is our bible study meeting morning.. I received notice yesterday that the article I sent out for pay was rejected. I don’t think the website was a good fit. I am going to try to find a website that pays for articles that is a better fit. I’m also talking to someone about booking a trip for them and have some work to do on that. So anyway, I need to get serious about work. So let’s get started on this. I think we are going to do something similar to what we did yesterday.
- Luxury cruises are becoming more and more popular. It might be that people are tired of the lower tier cruises and want to try something new. Or maybe they don’t want to be bothered with paying something every time they turn around.
- Paul Gauguin, which is a luxury cruiseline, now has its own private island. This sounds like a very nice place to go and just relax. You can swim and snorkel. You are going to be able to get massages. And for lunch there will be a very nice buffet.
- I’ve said this before, but it’s not too early to start making your travel arrangements for the holiday season. The American Queen Steamboat Company is offering some pretty big savings on some of their cruises at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s.
- Showers are often tiny and inconvenient on cruise ships. But once again, Viking has remedied the situation for their ships without raising your costs much. It looks like these showers are on their ocean ships.
Please let me know what questions you have about any of this.
As usual, I have several projects I would love to work on besides this. I should also let you know that I’m not sure how much I am going to be online Thursday through Saturday.. Glancing at the heads, there are several interesting pieces of news, but none that is likely to take a whole blog post. Let’s look at a few of those.
- Big Ben is about to go through a major renovation. This project will likely cost 38 million. the clock will be silent over the next four years.
- Love him or hate him, he is our president and has lived an interesting life. I guess the wealthy always live interesting lives. His boyhood home is now on the market as an airbinb property. This is a rather large house with five bedrooms. This is the home he was born in and lived in until he was four.
- Here in the south, weekend parties and gatherings will be centered around football games by September at the latest. We tend to love our college football and are usually devoted to one team, which lets us know who our arch rivals are. But anyway… Atlanta is having a football fun day on August the twenty-sixth. They will be celebrating the opening of the Falcons’ new stadium. There will be a lot of fun throughout the day, ending with their opening game.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. I would also love to know i you would like to book any fall travel. I would love to help you.
I have to confess that the first thing I think of when I think of trains is Downton Abbey, that very opening scene where hero John bates steps off the train. That show was set between around 1914 to sometime in the 1920’s. Trains were a huge part of transportation at that time. Now trains are more of a relic of the past than a convenient means of transportation these days.. Or so we think.
Airports these days are going to take up a lot of your time. You have to get there in plenty of time to get through security. And then there are delays in flights. Trains, especially in Europe, tend to run like clockwork. [that was, in part, due to Herr Hilter. That might be the only good thing that he did.] But anyway..
Trains are also known for being more flexible. They run specific routes, and if you miss your scheduled train, without too much extra stress or expense.. And when it comes to traveling with children, trains may be a better way to keep them entertained. Let’s look at some reasons why.
- I know you can see some from an airplane, especially if you’re flying during the day. But trains are right on the ground where you can see everything.
- Another benefit of riding on a train is that you can get up and walk around. You are free to explore. You can meet the conductor and ask him your questions.
- You are also freer to either pack your own food or to go into the dining cart.
- Trains have some tables that will allow you to play games as a family. And this is a great way to pass the time.
Please let me know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
I’ve been having problems with my e-mail for a couple of day now. Today it worked like a charm. Hopefully whatever has been going on with my computer has worked itself out, and I can get some more done today than what I have been. I’m hoping to get into this writing thing more and start generating income that way as well. I have a lot of questions about that and plan to start getting some answers this afternoon.
I know you love your kids, but there are times you just need to take a break from them. You might feel the need to take some time with just your husband. Or maybe it’s time to get away with the girls for a while. Whatever it is, you may want to consider Viking for your next getaway. Sure, this is a higher priced cruise, but you are going to get a lot for your money. And to be clear, Viking allows children on board their ships, but they do not encourage bringing them. I don’t think they have any kind of children’s program, or if they do very low key. And their policy is, if you bring a minor you have to have an adult in the room, and it looks like you will also have to have two rooms. Let’s look at some of what you will get on a Viking.
- You will get one free excursion each day. On other cruises, you may get one free excursion per trip, but one free excursion each day is unheard of.
- Viking is going to offer you a much more intimate cruise, with them only taking hundreds of passengers instead of thousands.
- Staying on one of their ships is like staying in a very nice hotel. And since their ships are smaller, you are going to have the chance to get up close and personal with your destinations.
- Viking is going to be able to take you places that other cruise companies can not take you. You will get more of a feel of how the people actually live in the places you’re visiting.
I think we are going to stop here. I would love to know your thoughts aut this or any questions you might have.
How wMore news I’m not seeing any one story that is especially grabbing, so I am going am going to talk a little about several different stories.
- One story I’m kind of surprised is actually a story.. They’re saying that airlines which have the highest customer satisfaction rate are going to get the most business. That seems pretty obvious to me. Apparently a study has been done on this recently.
- This kind of puzzles me as well. JetBlue is going to start allowing you to book your flights from different social media sites. Say you want to start the conversation on Twitter, and then jump to Facebook Messenger or e-mail, apparently they are going to be able to allow you to do that without much trouble. I’m not sure how they are going to k everyone straight.
- Are you wondering who has the best hotel rewards program available? Marriott has won the top spot according to the U.S. News and World Report. Wyndham and Choice hotels took the next two top spots. These places rank by being the easiest places to earn a free night with.
- I could care less about sports of any kind. But the New England Patriots have bought, not one, but one airplanes. These planes have been converted so that the whole thing is first class so that everyone can relax in comfort.
Let’s stop here. I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
There are several things I’d really like to look into for the business. I’ve submitted my first article that is for pay, and it is going to be up to four weeks until I hear back. I am planning on doing some more research on this group and hopefully figure out more of what they want in their articles. I’m also talking to someone about a trip. Do you know something? I actually love doing research on these trips, figuring out everything my clients might need to know. I would love to be doing more of this soon. Let me go on and do this so that I can get to some other things.
Let’s keep looking at some tips you might be able to use if you were to go to Disney over Thanksgiving break.
- Let’s face it. Big crowds and small children usually make for nervous parents. Try having everyone dress in the same colors each day that you are at Disney. My family also implemented a buddy system, where younger children got matched with an older child, and they had to stay together while we were out. Count your group before and after each thing that you do to make sure that everyone is together.
- You are going to get stuck in long lines. Just get used to that fact. These are actually great times to have conversations with your children and\or your spouse. Enjoy your time as a family rather than getting frustrated that it’s taking a while to get on the ride or whatever.
Okay, you can go to Disney and have this great time, but what about the traditional Thanksgiving feast? Disney is going to have several restaurants at each park that will serve Thanksgiving dinner the way we know it. You will want to make your reservations with the restaurant of your choice well in advance.
I would love to know that reading this has put you in the mood to go to Disney. Please let me know if I can help you book a trip.
I have had several things going on today. I was out of the house most the morning between a bible study group and a doctor’s visit. [The trip to the doctor was something I had to do because of the communication device problems.] I’ve also been trying to drum up some business this afternoon. Hopefully something is going to come of that
Anyway, as I was talking to one of my potential clients, I started wondering what Thanksgiving is like at Disney World. I know that summers are horrendous because nearly everyone is out of school. Christmas is another very crowded time at Disney for much the same reason. But Thanksgiving? I didn’t know, so I decided to look that up.
Thanksgiving is not as bad as Christmas usually is. And you should also know that by Thanksgiving time, Disney is already decked out for Christmas. You aren’t going to find much to get you into the Thanksgiving spirit. Let’s look at some tips that might help you if you do decide to go to Disney for Thanksgiving.
- There are park calendars that will help you find out which parks are the busiest on which days. Disney has something called Park Hop Passes, but it is recommended that you do only one park each day during this busy season.
- It is always in your best interests to arrive early at the parks. During by times like this, arriving early becomes imperative. Disney has “Magic Hours” for those that stay at their resorts. Arriving early allows you to get much farther into the parks without the crowds.
- Know what your priorities are before you enter the park. Are you wanting to ride as many rides as possible? Are you there to get autographs of the characters? Do you want to watch the parades and the other shows? Have a plan and stick to it.
- You’ll even want something of a plan when it comes to eating. Consider having an early breakfast and either an early lunch or a late lunch to avoid the crowds. Know which restaurants you’d like to try during your visit. Do you want to take advantage of the character dining? You’ll want to plan that well in advance of your trip.
We are going to come back to this tomorrow.. I would love to help you book a trip to Disney. Please let me know if you are interested.
I have good news, but I also have bad news. The good news is that more and more Americans are actually taking vacations these days. The bad news? A lot of people are working when they’re on vacation.
Apparently this is a trend that is not just in the United States. People around the world are taking vacations, spending more money on vacations. [And that is good news for those of us are in the travel industry.] But how much of a break can anyone get when they’re checking e-mails, answering phone calls and things like that for their jobs?
I know that there are people who don’t feel like they can take much time off. This is especially true for those of us who own our businesses. A lot of us are a one man operation, and if we don’t work, nothing gets done. Today we are going to look at some tips that might help you get a break.
- Try to pick a time when your family is still sleeping or doing their own thing. Personally I like getting up early. It’s one of the quietest times of the day. Also if you can get everything done first thing , you won’t have to think about it the rest of the day. Other people feel like it’s best to work once everyone else goes to bed for the night. I just think you’d be tired from the fun.
- If you are going to work this way, put a message on your phone saying when you’ll be available. You’ll also want to put an away message on your e-mail letting them know when you will get back to them.
- If you get an idea for a new project, go on and put a note on your pda, but try not to start working on it right away. Some of the best ideas take time to develop. Let the idea sit in the back of your mind for a while and watch what happens.
- If you do have someone working on your business, try to leave them in charge of everything that you can. Taking as much of a break as you possibly can is always the best idea. You’ll never know how well your partner can do unless you give them a try. And of course, you’ll want to give them a break sometime too.
I would love to know your thoughts about this.