The week before leaving on any big trip can get kind of crazy. You’re trying to see about tying up loose ends at work. You’re making sure your home, pets, and maybe even children will be well taken care of while you are gone. And you’re also making sure you have everything you need for your trip. Today and tomorrow let’s take a look at what you will need to do specifically for a cruise.
- Even if you’re not a list maker, you’ll want to make a list of everything you need to do. See which things can be done any time you feel like it, and what things need to be done at a certain time. Make your list and then prioritize.
- Be sure to make a trip to the ATM machine before you leave. You will likely need money while you are on the road. And then you may need money while you’re on the ship as well. That depends on the kind of cruise you go on. The more luxurious your cruise, the more that tends to be included in the cost of a cruise.
- Are you going with a group on this cruise? Compare notes on what all you will need to pack. Are you taking formal wear? Is there anything that only one person in your group needs to pack?
- If you can, give yourself a full day before leaving to be off work. So before that time, you will want to go through last minute e-mails, set up your out-of-office e-mail. And make sure everyone is clear on who is handling what while you’re away.
- Cruises want you to give them a phone number of someone they can reach in case of emergency. It is always a good idea to let someone you know and trust know exactly where you’ll be.
I think I am going to stop here for today and will pick this back up tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.