The week before leaving on any big trip can get kind of crazy. You’re trying to see about tying up loose ends at work. You’re making sure your home, pets, and maybe even children will be well taken care of while you are gone. And you’re also making sure you have everything you need for your trip. Today and tomorrow let’s take a look at what you will need to do specifically for a cruise.
- Even if you’re not a list maker, you’ll want to make a list of everything you need to do. See which things can be done any time you feel like it, and what things need to be done at a certain time. Make your list and then prioritize.
- Be sure to make a trip to the ATM machine before you leave. You will likely need money while you are on the road. And then you may need money while you’re on the ship as well. That depends on the kind of cruise you go on. The more luxurious your cruise, the more that tends to be included in the cost of a cruise.
- Are you going with a group on this cruise? Compare notes on what all you will need to pack. Are you taking formal wear? Is there anything that only one person in your group needs to pack?
- If you can, give yourself a full day before leaving to be off work. So before that time, you will want to go through last minute e-mails, set up your out-of-office e-mail. And make sure everyone is clear on who is handling what while you’re away.
- Cruises want you to give them a phone number of someone they can reach in case of emergency. It is always a good idea to let someone you know and trust know exactly where you’ll be.
I think I am going to stop here for today and will pick this back up tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
It’s been something of a crazy day, with a lot of different things pulling for my attention. But I think I’m finally settling into work stuff. So let’s get back into these cruise secrets.
- Get your food and drinks from the places you’re having cravings for, and then you can pretty much take them wherever you want. No one is going to look twice you for doing that.
- It’s often less expensive to buy a whole bottle of wine than to just order a few glasses at dinner. If you want to go the cheaper route, but do not want to drink the whole bottle in one evening, have your server put your name on the bottle, and you can come back to it another evening. You can even take that bottle to another restaurant.
- Many cruiselines will give you free internet minutes when you buy internet minutes on your first day on the cruise. You’ll want to keep that in mind if you are going to want time online each day.
- most of the spas are going to have discounts when you get treatments that first day. You’ll want to check that out.
- You can get a massage even during the time that the port talks. They will record these presentations and play them on your tvs.
- Tired of fighting over those tiny bathrooms? The spa bathrooms are going to have better toiletry items and will be bigger anyway.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
When you work in any industry, you are going to get to know things that not many people outside your industry will know. Today let’s look at some cruise secrets.
- On cruise ships, you are usually free to order as many appetizers, main dishes and desserts as you would like. You aren’t limited to just one per person. You are also welcome to get appetizers as your main meal, it’s really up to you.
- Many cruisers believe that the buffets are your only option for breakfast. That simply is not true. A lot of ships are going to have bakeries you can get breakfast stuff from. And some specialty restaurants ill be opened in the mornings as well.
- The buffets are going to be pretty crazy the first evening you arrive on the ship. Special restaurants are usually opened, and may even give you a discount that first evening.
- Those who their special coffees are going to have to pay. But you are going to be able to get sandwiches and pastries. Some of the food at the bar is going to be free as well.
We are going to get back to this discussion on Monday. In the meantime, I would love to know any questions you might have.
I’ve had a crazy day. I was out this morning for a bible study. And then after doing going through my routine with my aide, I had a meeting about a new communication device. I’m really not sure this is going to happen at all, but if it does , I won’t make the switch for a good while now.. Anyway, I need to run through some work stuff if I am going to get anything done today.
I live in Georgia, and since the storm passed on Monday, the weather has been absolutely glorious. It is getting cooler, but the sun is always out. September is usually hot here, but it’s been nice this past week.. September is kind of the month that summer ends and everyone starts getting back to real life. Children are settling into school. Things are getting back into the normal routine at the office for parents.
It’s rare that anyone loses the internet. Hey, we’ve just went through the storm, and we lost power for a few minutes, but I don’t think I even lost internet. And I must say, I’m not a big fan of being without internet because there is so much I can do online.. We’re living in a time when we can check the news any time we want. And social media is becoming more and more addicting..
How much do we unplug, even when we are with our families on vacation? Is there a balance there? I would love to know your thoughts.
Today was the day I made myself do my edits on my articles. I kept putting working on them off until the last, and by then I was tired and ended up reading my novel instead of getting serious about the edits. And of course, I know I’m just putting sending the things out and figuring out other magazines to send things to.. Anyway, I feel like I’ve made some real progress there and am happier with myself. I do want to get to some other things today, so let’s get started.
College towns… I’ve never been into sports at all, but I do live in the South where college football is huge. Today let’s look at some other reasons you might want to visit college towns.
- Colleges are usually going to have an arts department. And I’m not just talking about paintings and things. There will also be drama, music, and even English readings to enjoy.
- And speaking of music, a lot of small bands will get their start in college towns. You’ll have a lot of coffee shops and bars in these places. These make perfect places for small bands to get their starts.
- College students are known for having very little money. Restaurants know this, and so many eateries in these towns are going to have less food.
- College towns are also known for being places where a lot of free thinking people live. And these people tend to enjoy to get into lively discussions. If you do get bored, you can always go to a cafe and join in on the discussions.
I’m still trying to figure out the best way to get everything I’m not getting to my writing stuff as much as I would like to be. Should I be doing that first thing? Right after I do this? After everything else is done? I’ve been tried to do it last, thinking I could rush through everything, and then get some good time to write. That isn’t working so well for me. And I’m also trying to get out a little more. Trying to learn to balance things a little more.
Today I am going to combine several things I love.. When you go on a vacation, one of the things you should be trying to do, besides spending time with your family, is recharging your batteries. Get some time to just relax. And one of my favorite ways to relax is with a good book. Having a Kindle app on my device allows me to get a lot more reading done. And I love it.
I know that some people do not like reading on devices but that is the only way I can read by myself. Otherwise, I have to have someone turning the pages, and that can involve a lot of waiting especially if you read as fast as I do.
I do have a confession to make. The majority of what I read is fiction. I do read some business books to get ideas for this business. But when I read to relax, it is Christian fiction more than anything else.
I would love to hear any book recommendations you may have.
Let’s see. When I tell someone I’m a travel agent, the top three places I’m asked about are Disney, the Caribbean [usually a cruise], or Europe. There’s something so romantic about going to Europe. And we Americans tend of Europe and its people being pretty much like we are. But there are some pretty ssignificant differences. Let’s look at some of those today.
- The first one may be pretty obvious, but Europe has different money than we do. There are nineteen countries who are using the Euro system, and nine who are using currencies of their own. They use different colors on their bills, so you will want to take sometime to familiarize yourself with the currency of thePlace you’ve entered.
- Some places over there want you to pay when you use their facilities, more commonly known here as bathrooms. I have to say that I never ran into this while over there, but I guess I was mostly at a hotel or in a home.. They use the money for the bathroom’s upkeep, and the charge also helps keep people out who just want to sit around there.
- When you order a soft drink at a restaurant or any similar place you are going to get one small bottle and that’s it. You will not receive any free refills here. They don’t understand what that is.
- Europeans are a more relaxed people. Servers are likely not as prompt as they are here. Meals are times to relax and enjoy the people around you. Now I will say that the little cafe our group went to each evening was pretty prompt, but I think we told them we had places to be after the dinners.
I loved my trip if you couldn’t tell. Let me know your thoughts.
Let’s get back to discussing how to plan a great girls’ trip. I have several things I’d like to look into more today, but feel like I need to do the normal things first and just see how the rest of the day goes. Let’s pick up where we left off.
- Some friends don’t need much except to have a place to gather and some nice food to enjoy themselves. Other groups will want to go to some of the more exotic locations. If your group is trying to start their annual trips together, it might be wise to have a gathering and discuss what everyone is thinking as far as overall budget. Is it going to be easier to gather in each other homes, or do people want to mark places off of their bucket lists? One of you might want to play hostess more often than the others to cut down on her costs. You can find solutions that work best for your group.
- If one person is planning the whole thing, this lady will want to give some clues. You might want to get creative with the e-mails you send your group. Some people will go a step farther and send cute little packages to give hints. Groups who are going go somewhere exotic will usually meet at one member’s house, and then they do the reveal at the airport.
- This is a girls’ trip, so you are going want to have comfortable places where ere you can sit and gab. You might want to have one more than one place like this in case your group wants to split up for whatever reason.
- But as much as girls like to just sit and talk, you will want to have a few activities planned. Especially if you are going somewhere you’ve never been, you’ll want to get out and enjoy some of the sights. The planner should have a pretty good idea of the things your group likes to do.
Have you done anything like this? I would love to hear about it.
It’s Saturday, guys. I have things I want to do, but I’m aware that I am going to be much fresher on Monday.
I went off for a weekend with my sisters the weekend before Last, and I had a really great time. Today let’s look at planning a girls’ trip and what steps you need to take.
Our gathering was pretty simple. We met at my sister’s apartment and watched girl movies, did hair and makeup, and ate lots of good food. We’re pretty easy to please. And my sister and I drove a couple of hours to be where our other two sisters are. But what if the group you want to get together with is spread out across the country? What if they need more than movies and good food to entertain them? I’ve found an article about how seven women who knew each other in high school gather and take what they call a mystery trip each year. Let’s look at some of their advice.
- Their group has a different member of their group plant heir trip each year. Now the group does decide on the budget each woman will have to pay, and the dates that will work for everyone. Other than that, each woman decides everything about their weekend by herself.
- Get your dates on the calendar as soon as you can. Everyone is very busy these days. Make this time with your girls’ group a priority, and you will be glad that you did.
- It works best if you know the group and are comfortable with everyone. Inviting others tends to get awkward at one point or It will also just complicate the way the getaway works.
I think we are going to take a look at this more on Monday. I would love to know your thoughts.
I didn’t accompwlish everything I would have liked yesterday. But I’m getting a much earlier start and am glad.
Cruises are known for having a ton of food. But sometimes the food is not of the highest quality. Then again, you try cooking three or more meals a day for thousands of people. Even when the cruise is advertised as a foodie cruise, every meal will not be of the top quality.
Windstar is a luxury cruise brand, and I know they are going to take a lot fewer guests than your average cruise ship. Windstar has teamed up with a group of world class chefs to bring you an extraordinary cruise.
There will be a cooking demonstration that every guest will be free to attend. The chefs will be preparing your evening meal in one of the main dining rooms each night. With only around three hundred guests, you are going to be able to get to know the chefs, asking them whatever questions you would like.
Let’s look at some other things that are Windstar advantages.
- With the small number of guest, you will get a higher level of pampering from the crew. They are there to serve you.
- You are going to have lovely meals whenever you sit down to dine. That’s not just the quality of the food. You will also enjoy the peacefulness of the place.
- You will have nice accommodations instead of feeling like you are stuffed into a sardine can. This is going to feel like you are in a luxury hotel.
- And finally, the smaller ships are going to get you into the smaller ports. And that will enable to tour the places the larger ships would never be able to get you to.
Please let me know what thoughts or questions you might have.