I have longer than I thought I would.. So what is your idea of the perfect vacation? Is it milling about in crowds everywhere you go? Or are you more the type that wants to see no one when you go on vacation? This post is for the latter.
- Mazatlan is actually a place where you can experience both crowds and solitude. The city is putting a lot of money into it to make the city nicer for everyone. This is especially true of their downtown area. The article I’m reading does not make clear when the place will be quiet. But I’m sure I could figure it out for you if you are interested.
- The South Pacific may be quite popular. But there are places you still can go to see the natural beauty. Getting away from the tourist traps will allow you to hear the natives’ stories. If this is what you are going for, you will want to opt out of the cruises and go for a land vacation instead.
Just to let you know, things have come up in my family, and I do not think I am going to work tomorrow. I’ve said it before, January is going to be a pretty crazy month for me.
We’ve been talking about mothers gets away from time to time. It is good for us to step away and have time just by ourselves. Make it a time to do the things you enjoy, like sleeping late, reading a good book, or even binge watching your favorite shows or movies.
- I know we kind of already talked about this, but dads can and should watch their kids from time to time. In my family, Mom was always the one to keep order and make sure everything was done right. Hey, she had eight children,, order was necessary for survival. When Mom left us for a day or two with Dad, it was a time to order pizza, eat more dessert and watch tv.
- Having Mom gone is a treat for the children too. Any time you do something different, it seems fun, especially when you are young. It is a time for children to bond with Daddy.
- Another thing you might want to consider is taking the children to the grandparents, and have your home to yourself for a while. This way you have all the comforts of your own home while enjoying the quiet.
Have you ever absolutely loved something you did, but felt like you had to take a break? When you’re with little people 24/7, sometimes you need that break. What would you do? Maybe go to the bathroom by yourself? Take some time to talk to an actual adult for a change? We started talking about this yesterday in Taking a break as a mother, but let’s looks at some more tips today.
- No matter what they tries to tell you, your husband can and should keep your children from time to time . It will be good for father and children to have time to bond. Leaving them for a day or two at a time should not hurt anyone.
- But if you’re wanting some alone time with said husband, consider leaving your children with your parents or his. If your parents are far away, do you have any friends who would like to watch them?
- Make your mommy getaway plans far in advance, so everyone will know when these things will take place. If you are going to do a whole weekend, think about doing these retreats once every three months. If you just want a day, you might get away with doing this every other month.
- Let family and close friends know that you would like to start these getaways. Some people might have places that you could stay.
I will have more on this tomorrow. Let me know know your thoughts.
Being a mother is a wonderful thing. A lot of young girls know they want to be mothers when they grow up from when they are young. And most women can’t resist babies. But like every other occupation, sometimes we need to step back from the day to day of our lives and just enjoy being ourselves. Maybe we feel the need on reconnect with our spouse, or maybe it’s times to really plan that trip we’re always about with our girlfriends but never seem to take.
Having children makes them our top priority. As infants, they come completely dependent on us. We have to do everything for them, even if it’s in the middle of the night, and we’re completely worn out. And then comes the stage where they are constantly following you, and you can’t get a moment’s rest, no matter how much yo may need it.
First, let’s look at at some ways you can tell you need to take a break.
- Babies need their diapers changed, that is just part of life. When you feel personally offended every time one of your little people need to be changed, it is probably time for a break.
- When the only thing you really want is some time to yourself, it may be time to consider planning one of these. You may be one of the most people persons, but when all you do each day is to pray for naptime or bedtime, it’s unwise to go on like this for too long.
- Or maybe you’re rushing through all the stuff you know you need to do each day. You aren’t happy with anything you’re doing, but you can’t seem to make yourself do anything the right way.
This is an important topic, and we are going to talk about this again tomorrow. Until then, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
I decided at the last minute to go on and take Christmas week off. I was tired of working and was ready for a break. I ended up doing a lot of reading and spending some extra time with family.. And now I’m ready to settle into work again.
Yesterday my family started discussing places that they would like to visit. If travel is on your 2018 bucket list, and international travel is something you have not done, or have not done in would be to a while, here are some things you might want to think about.
- First, do you have your passport? And if you do, how long do you have before it will expire? Most everyone is going to want you to have a good six months between the time you travel and the expiration date.
- Security lines are just part of our lives now. Arrive early for your flight. If you are planning on doing a lot of traveling, you might want to apply for a Global Entry. Do your pre flight check in online.
- You will want to be sure to know about the currency the country you are visiting uses. You will also want to figure whether it is best to exchange money when you arrive or before you get there.
- Do you know the language of the place where you are going? If you don’t, your simplest solution download a version of Google Translator. Be safe and download the offline version.