As I am going through these changes in the business, and trying to get more done, I’m noticing that I’m more energetic in the morning and early afternoon. . I find that it is best to work on the articles I’m working towards getting published then, and after that work on else. I’ve just sent my first two out today, and we’ll see what happens.
When I was little, one of my favorite places to go was to my grandparents’ house. But I also remember loving traveling with my grandparents. It was a lot of fun driving with them because we weren’t always together. So trips were times for us to catch up. Today let’s look at some tips you might want to remember when traveling with your parents\your children’s grandparents.
- The first thing we have to remember is that not all grandparents will be able to do the same things. Some of our parents are ready to slow down and take things a little easier. Other parents will be able to do everything we can do and then some. You should have a pretty good idea of what stage your parents are in before you set out on any trips with them.
- If they are the type that are wanting to slow down some, you might also want to ask if they want to babysit for your little ones. Maybe they’d like to stay with the younger people while you and your older children go have some adventures. You and your husband might want to do a date night at least once while you are on vacation.
- And please, please discuss your expectations for your trip before you even start. If you and your husband are thinking you are going to get lots of free babysitting, but your parents are hoping to get serious time with you, that is probably not going to work out well for anyone. So have that discussion beforehand and figure out what will work well for everyone.
We’ll look at this more tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts on this subject.
I have to confess that I’ve taken on several work projects on lately, and figuring out how to do everything in the way way and order is not easier. I do have to remind myself that I go out on Thursday mornings, so time is shorter most weeks… But let’s get back to kid friendly places in London.
- If you have dreamed of going on a tour of Kensington Palace, this is probably not the best place to take your toddler. However, this palace does have lovely gardens that your little ones will enjoy. Why don’t you leave your little one with your husband or a friend, and go enjoy the tour by yourself?
- You’ve seen those double decker buses any time you watch anything about London, right? But what you might not know is that kids eleven and under ride those buses for free. So this is one fun thing you can do with your child that isn’t going to cost much.
- The Arsenal Stadium and Museum has a great self-paced audio tour. This is geared more toward older people. But it is a great place for little ones to run around and climb. Children under five get in free here too.
- Most families will love walking along the Thames on the Riverside Walk. It is a beautiful view. And along the way you are going to see places like Big Ben and Parliament.
Sometimes when we think of London, we think of stuffy people in stuffy places, but there are places you can take children in this city. They do have children here too, you know. Today let’s look at some places you might want to take your children in London..
- The British Museum welcomes even the smallest children. While you are learning about their fascinating history, your young children will be on a scavenger hunt for shapes and colors. The best time for the younger children would be early weekday mornings. Pick up the activity sheets at the front desk.
- You may want to try Portobello Market, and no, they don’t just sell mushrooms. This is a place where a bunch of things are sold. This is a great place to go when you want to people watch. And they have a lot of places to buy pastries for the children and coffee for the adults.
- Go to Regent’s park when you and your children just need to run and play. This place has a total of four playgrounds. It’s a wonderful place to get some pent-up energy out. This is also the place where their zoo is located.
- Looking for some more excitement? Try the London Eye. This is a huge ferris wheel where you can see most of the city. Want to make it even more spectacular? Try to go right at sunset.
I have to admit that I’m not big into the health bandwagon. I eat pretty healthily most of the time, but when I’m doing something fun with friends or out with my siblings, when I choose what I’m eating, I choose what tastes good and not necessarily what is good for me. I’m not in an exercise program or anything.
But having recently been in an airplane for hours on end, this made me laugh out loud. I mean, you’re sitting on the airplane for these long stretches of time, and you’ll feel like you’re in a can of sardines because you’re packed in there so tightly. It isn’t exactly a lot of fun. I think having exercise stations at the airport would be pretty popular, especially for those on lay overs between long flights.
Yoga is on the rise, and I can’t help but wonder if part of the reason for this is that we’re sitting on computers so much of the time. But parents are starting to get children involved in yoga as well.
It is nice that airports re putting yoga studios in when they can. But I wonder if they are going to charge you to exercise? The yoga stations are named with those upscale lounges and places you can actually sleep in at the airport, and I know these places usually cost you a pretty penny to get into.
My personal thought is that these yoga stations should be free. I would love to know your thoughts.
Have you ever had things you wanted, and needed, to do, but you kept putting them off? Well, that’s been me. I kept doing the things that I had to do each day, thinking that I would get to the other projects. But then I would always be too tired to start on anything. Today I’ve started on the bigger projects first, and feel like I’ve gotten a lot done already.
Today let’s look at some random news stories that are effecting travel today.
- First, Marriott has dropped its commission from the standard 10% to just 7%. Many travel agents are not happy bout it and are encouraging their guests to book other hotels. Personally I think that is kind of silly and may be trying to join Marriott soon.
- Marriott is also buying a property in Vegas that has been closed since 2009. The plan is to fix this place up into a really nice resort. There will be entertainment and several restaurants right there on the property. Of course, you’ll also be on the Vegas strip.
- A lot of resorts in Vegas are charging more on their resort fees, because they can and because it’s simply more money in their pockets. Part of the reason is, they’re upgrading their wifi. Many people are choosing to stay in hotels rather than these resorts.
- I would love to hear your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
I feel like when I talk about teens, I’m putting them in a negative light. [I feel pretty sure I’ve done that just this past week.] I’m sorry, I do not mean to do that. I know that traveling with teens can be a lot of fun. So today let’s talk some about traveling with teens.
Teens have so much going on in their worlds, especially today with all the social media stuff going on. They’re trying to figure out who they are and what they want to do with their life. Parents can be seen as their enemies or they’re best friends, and a lot of times it’s a mixture of both.
- It is important to ask them what they want to do and involve them in the planning process. They aren’t little kids who want to go wherever you say they need to go anymore. And they have more of a schedule than littler kids do. Don’t tell them they have to go the week they need to be home for their sport. And do not take them off the week their best friend return.
- Are you in a vacation rut? Do you go to the beach every summer and then to see family each holiday season? A lot of teens love adventure. Is there a place they’ve always dreamed of going? Ask them about it. You might be surprised at how much they’ll actually talk to you when you discuss something they’re interested in.
- There are a lot of cruiselines and resorts that cater to teens. Make sure that wherever you are going has things for them to do. There is nothing worse than sitting and watching everyone else have fun.
- And plan times when you aren’t doing anything except binging on Netflix and eating junk food. This may be a great way to learn more about your teens and their interests.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
With Valentine’s Day, February seems like a great month for romance. A lot of young men choose to propose right around this time. Some people even choose to be married in February. With romance in the air, let’s look at some reasons that Palace Resorts makes a great place for a wedding.
- Palace Resorts wants your business, so they are going to give you two free nights to check out a place before you book your wedding. They have resorts in both Mexico and Jamaica for you to choose from.
- Palace makes it easy to host any kind of celebration that you would want to have. This is not a one-size-fits-all type of thing. Do you want a big Christian ceremony. They can do that. Have you dreamed of a very private ceremony? They can do that as well.
- Do you have very specific ideas of how you want your cake? Don’t worry. They have a chef that specializes in cakes. And e able to help you with all of your pastry needs.
- Ready to get started planning your wedding right away? Palace has a website that will help you every step of the way. Ask me if you would like that website.
I would love to know any questions you might have about any of this. Please let me know.
A lot of people are still in the dead of winter. But you’ll be surprised at how quickly spring break is going to sneak up on you. If yours falls at the beginning of April, you only have about six weeks to plan something.. If yours is in March, you have less time than that.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to sit down as a family to discuss what you would like to do. And yes, you would be wise to get your older children’s input, especially your teenagers who can be so vocal about being bored all the time. I’m sorry parents, but going somewhere strictly educational is not going to be your children’s idea of fun most of the time. This is their break from school. Please try to remember that they’re in need of a break too.
- After you get some ideas of what you want to do on your vacation, please contact me. I would love to help you put something together. I will make money whenever you’ll book through me. I will not charge you anything over and above that. I will need to know your available dates. I will also need to know what you want to do on your trip? Is there a specific place you want to go?
- Going on and nailing some things down is not only going to give you peace of mind. It will also ensure that you go exactly where you want to. Spring break is more spread out than Christmas vacation is. But it will still help to book early. It might also save you some money.
- It is no fun to come home knowing that you are going to have to pay off this trip over the next few months figure out what you can spend on your vacation and then stay within your means.
- The more you can get things planned out now, the more you’ll be able to know how much money you will be spending. You can even do this with the meals you plan to eat.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
First for my personal news, I have finally found the right travel agent host and started officially working with them yesterday. My new host is called Casino World Travel. They seem to be a no frills agency, but I think I am going to enjoy working for them. And that is one less thing I am going to have to figure out, so I am going to be able to work more on the writing ideas I have. I’ve been thinking about it, and think maybe I should explain more about this writing thing. I’m hoping to get some of my articles into some online magazines about family travel to get my name out there more, and hopefully get some more clients. And please let me know if you’re wanting to book a trip through me. I would love to help you.
Okay, Travel insurance, do you use it? catastrophes can happen while you are on vacation just like they can at any other time of life. Getting the right travel insurance can help make those emergencies easier to handle. Getting travel insurance is something every host agency I’ve worked with stresses.. I think part of it is that we want to make sure we are covered ourselves.
It used to be that when you went to an airport, you would need to bring whatever food you wanted into the airport. But now airports look a lot of like your mall’s food court, if not the entire mall. They’re working on making sure you have the best when it comes to choices, even giving you healthy alternatives.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have about any of this. Please let me know.
I have several projects I wantto work on. So I’m liking getting an earlier start.
I’m not huge on the Catholic Church calendar.. And I know that Lent is not only observed by Catholics. My church does a service on Ash Wednesday, and that happens to fall on Valentine’s Day, which is kind of interesting if you think about it. But anyway, that means that Mardis Gras will be celebrated in one week? Today let’s look at some of how that’s celebrating.
Mardis Gras is a day people take “to live it up” before entering the lent season. The place it is most famous for being celebrated is New Orleans. I know they always have lot of parades where you are going to get strings of beads.
- The first thing you should know is portable potties on the grounds. People usually plan their trip to Mardis Gras in August. But don’t give up. Things do come up so that some people will have to cancel their reservations. You might have to call around a lot to find a room that has available space, but it might be worth it.
- The city has passed some rules on the parade that you will want to keep in mind. Don’t bring any ladders with you to the parade. I guess if you’re short, you’re just going to have to find a sycamore tree to climb. I don’t think they are going to allow any vehicles near the parade site, so be prepared to do some walking. And there will be no private portable potties available on the grounds.
- You will want to be sure to have a plan as far as how you are going to get to the parade. A lot of roads are going to be cut off to the general public’s vehicles. So it is best to have a plan of exactly what you want to do beforehand. The exception is for people who live or stay right near the area. That doesn’t really make sense to me, but anyway.
- You are going to want to get there extremely early. For example, for an evening parade, people are going to start arriving early in morning.
- And please be respectful of the police. They are there to keep you, and everyone else, safe. And these are not easy shifts. People are going to be drinking and getting crazy. The police will also be working longer shifts. Please follow their instructions.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. Have you ever been to New Orleans for Mardis Gras? What did you think?