Let’s look once more at Hawaii for families. There are nice hotels each island that you choose to go on in Hawaii. If you will give me a feel of what you would want in a hotel, I would be more than happy to help you find your perfect hotel. Not quite sure what you will need? I know the right questions to ask to help you make the right decisions to give you a great vacation. And some of those questions will be, are you interested in a children’s program? What kinds things are your teenagers interests in doing? What is your family interested in doing together? Hawaii have a rich history, and they are more than happy to tell their guests all about it. This is a place where lots of festivals take place, and you are more than welcome to take part in the fun.
Let’s take a little closer look at what’s available on Maui, since that is one the more popular destinations.
- If your family loves wildlife, you might enjoy taking kayaks out to visit the humpback whales. This is a great way to experience the animals, because there are no engines or crowds. You might also get to see some sea turtles on your trip in the water.
- Do you have a daughter that is just crazy about the mermaid Ariel? You might want to take her to Hawaii Mermaid Adventures. You will be given a tail, and will be practicing on land before you ever enter the water. And there are lifeguards who will be on hand during your entire visit.
- There are also horsefarms where you can ride or take private lessons. There are ponies for the little ones to enjoy.
Have I inspired you to take a trip to Hawaii? I would love to help you plan one? Please let me know.
Let’s start looking at Hawaii again. One thing this course I’m taking seems to stress is that while Hawaii has a lot of resorts that have plenty to keep children and teens busy, there is a lot that families can and should do together. This seems like a great place to reconnect with your family, enabling you to spend quality time together as a family, while still giving you some time to enjoy as a couple. So you will be getting the best of both worlds here.
- One thing many people may not remember about Hawaii is that this is where Pearl Harbor took place. The Naval Air Museum Barbers Point will have a lot of information on aviation history, as well as some hands on activities. You can also go to the site where the actual attack took place. Here you will find replicas of the airplanes that were flown. They also have a flight simulator.
- Do you have any cat lovers in your family? You might want to try Lanai Cat Sanctuary. This is the place around five hundred felines call home. Some of the residents will want to cuddle.. Others will be more interested in playing with you. The Four Seasons Hotel there has a program where you can volunteer with the cat sanctuary. A
- nd who doesn’t love chocolate? You will want to be sure to go to the Kauai’s Garden Island Chocolate. Here you will be able to learn all about chocolate and how it is made.. And of course, you will be able to purchase all kinds of gourmet chocolate products.
- And in Hawaii they firmly believe that the spa experience is not just for those over eighteen. A lot of resorts are going to have spa treatments for teeth and. Some spas will treat younger children as well.
I am going to stop here. I would love to know your thoughts on this or any questions you might have.
Today has been crazy, but I’m finally ready to get things done. When people are asked where they dream of going on vacation, many people will answer Hawaii. This place known for having some incredibly beautiful beaches. But that is hardly all they have to offer. Let’s take a look at some of the other things they have.
- On the island Oahu, you are going to find an excellent aquarium and zoo. There is also a garden maze your family can play in together, and some great museums you can explore. Want to know how Hawaiians play? Go to the Polynesian Cultural Center where they’ll teach you to play their games.
- On Hawaii Island, you will want to take a family picture on the Japanese bridges they have. You might want to go on a snorkeling trip on the Kona Coast. The Imiloa astronomy Center of Hawaii is a fascinating place to explore. And the Hawaiian Volcanos national park has lava fields.
- Does your family have a passion for the environment? You might want to visit Kauai, where they have Kokee Natural History Museum in Kokee State Park. This is also a great island to experience a luau on. O
- n Maui, there is this huge water tunnel where you can get up close and personal with manta rays and sharks at Maui Ocean Center. If you have children that are between seven and twelve, they can become junior rangers at the Haleakala Visitor Center. And the Hawaii Nature Center has a lot of hands on exhibits.
- On the Lanai island, you may enjoy driving along their rustic roads. You and your family may also want to explore this island on horseback. And this is a great place to enjoy the beach.
And we’re only starting to get a feel for Hawaii. Let’s continue this discussion tomorrow.
This is going to be my last post on New York City, at least for this series. I would love to know your thoughts on this series. Did you like it or hate it?
- Okay, one thing we haven’t discussed is transportation. Even if you are driving into the city, you probably don’t want to drive your vehicle around. Traffic is horrible here. The least expensive way to travel is to walk, but if you are going to be exploring all day every day, that is probably going to get old. The next least expensive way would be to take the subway, and traveling as a group is likely going to keep everyone pretty safe. But the other way you might want to consider traveling in the city to take Lyft. And if you and your friends are just downloading the Lyft App, you will each get a thirty dollar credit to use.
- And if you are going to the big city, you are going to want to see a show on Broadway. You will want to do your research. I’ve just taken a cursory glance at tickets, and I’m seeing prices under twenty dollars, which I’m not sure I believe, as well as tickets for almost one hundred dollars. I’m sure there are more expensive tickets out there too. I think it depends on the popularity of the show.
- People are always visiting this incredible city, so there are a lot of tours that will be available. You just need to figure out what interests your little group, and then get online and figure out what you’re interested in.
Have I made you want to take a trip to this city? I would love to help you figure a trip like this out. Please let me know if I can.
Let’s look some more at what you might want to do when planning a trip to New York City.
- Okay, remember that I said that the city has a lot of great restaurants? Something you might want to consider is to go online and figure out which restaurants you would like to eat in, and make your reservations about a month in advance. Many of the restaurants are going to be hole in the wall places that will not have many tables. And let me tell you, there are a lot of people in this city.
- If you are going to see places like the Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller center, the Metropolitan Museum, or the Empire State Building, you and your group should consider getting an Explorer Pass. Getting this will allow you to save money while allowing you a lot of flexibility.
- This is not an inexpensive place to stay by any means. You might want to consider doing airbnb, especially if there are several of you who are going with airbnb, you are going to be able to get an apartment to yourselves.
I think that we are going to finish up this discussion on Monday. I would love to know your thoughts.
Okay, so today let’s look at how you might want to start to planning your trip to New York City. I do believe that this is a great place to do a girls’ trip. So let’s keep looking at it that way.
- First, is there a group of women you do things with on a regular basis? If you don’t, think of four or five friends you enjoy hanging around with. Do you think they would get along well with, especially for a couple of days? You might want to have this group over for dinner just to make sure.
- Are you someone who likes to have every minute of every hour all planned out? Or are you someone who wants to just go with the flow? It is usually best to be somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.
- Once you figure out your dates and who all is going, let me help you. I can help your group find the best hotel to stay in. I can also help you plan your itinerary.
We are going to get back to this tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
- I haven’t been to New York City, but I know it has some excellent restaurants, some fascinating museums and nice restaurants, as well as excellent shows on Broadway. So when I think of the ultimate girls’ trip, I think NYC would be one of yes the places I would highly recommend. Let’s look at some things you might want to do on your trip.
- One of the first things that you will want to do is to take a Circle Line Cruise. This will give you a good general feel of the city. You will get to see Lady Liberty herself. The people running the cruise will share a lot of interesting things about the city as well.
- Okay, as it turns out, that cruise is a bit on the pricey side, but a free alternative would be taking the Staten Island Ferry.. If you are on a tight time schedule, you will want to be sure not to get stuck at their terminal.
- Next, you might want to explore some of the city’s museums. What are you and your friends interested in. You will find a lot of different museums. I’m sure that you will find some that will interest you.
I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Everyone who follows this blog knows that I’m no sports fan. However, there are plenty of other things to do in San Antonio, and today we are going to look at some of those..
- First we are going to look at a pretty obvious one. Remember the Alamo. This attraction is going to be offering extended hours through March 25th because of spring break.. If you are a fan of historic fiction, you will want to stop by their gift shop where Author John R. Knaggs will be signing copies of his new novel about the Texas revolution.
- Texas is one of our states that borders Mexico, and so you will find Mexican, and other Spanish, influences throughout Texas. San Antonio itself has four missions, and you will be welcome to take a free guided tour of any of them.
- San Antonio is home of one of the Six Flags amusement parks. Enjoy a day of roller coasters, games that let you win prizes, and lots of junk food.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
It’s time for spring break. Next week, a lot of my family is going to get together. And I’m just going to play by ear how much I will be working while everyone is together.
If you live in the Southeastern part of the United States and haven’t decided what you want to do for spring break this year, you might want to consider going to Florida. Yes, I know that a lot of other people will be going down there, but that is because Florida has so much for people to do, especially when they want to be on vacation. Let’s look at what Florida has to offer.
High school and college kids want to go places like Panama city or Destin. These are beach towns which have a lot of the carnival type rides, a lot of places to shop, and plenty of restaurants and nightlife..
Parents, are you looking for a nice beach to take your family, but want something a little quieter? You might want to try places like Port St Joe or Cape San Blas. These places have a lot of condos, though I have no idea how many would still be available in the next couple of months.. There will still be nice shops and museums to browse and nice restaurants to enjoy, but it will be a calmer atmosphere.
But if calm sounds totally boring, you might want to try Orlando. This city is home to a lot of the big theme parks. Young children will have their dreams come true at Disney World. Older children might prefer Universal studios or Busch garden. There is also Sea World, and that is hardly all of the theme parks.
I would love to know which place you would prefer