There is a lot I’m trying to figure out, both with work stuff and personally. So I’m glad to be able to write this blog as I’m going through these travel agent courses. I feel like I am accomplishing more, and the bonus is that I’m working through, and passing, a lot of these courses. It’s definitely a win/win in my book.
Today we are going to take a look at Wyndham, which is one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the world. There is an average of two Wyndham properties opening each day. And before you stop reading because you think of Wyndham as a luxury brand and you tend to stay in less expensive hotels, this company has over twenty different brands. Among these are hotels like Ramada, Travelodge, and Days Inn to name a few.
Okay, so who is Wyndham exactly? First, they like to keep things simple. They try to provide you with all the comforts you want in the places you want to be. And they hope to make you comfortable in any of their hotels, no matter what you paid. They strive to give you a great memory of your hotel experience with them. They’re generous. Most of their properties have free wifi and free breakfast. They also have a very generous rewards program. And finally, they know that Americans are finding more reasons to travel, from your once in a lifetime honeymoon, to family gatherings and girlfriend getaways. And this hotel group wants to be part of all those experiences.
Let’s look a little more at their rewards program. Like I said earlier, this is one of the most simple programs out there. For 15,000 points, you can stay free at any of their participating properties. For every qualified stay, you earn ten points for every dollar spent. You can also earn points by using a Wyndham Rewards Visa Card, or by renting a car through Budget or Axis.
I think I am going to stop here for now, and get back to this tomorrow. As usual, I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
Today we are going to take a look at Los Cabos and some of what they have to offer. I know that there was a major storm there last September, but the good news is that they are rebuilding. New hotels are going up. And they are making it pretty easy for American to come visit their beautiful place by adding more flights, and this is something they’re continuing to work on as time goes by.
As with a lot of popular destinations, Cabos has many different resorts you can choose from. Through in the particular course I am going through, they seem to focus on “adults only” resort. Maybe I just haven’t gotten to the family friendly resorts yet?
If you are looking to do something a little different, you might want to consider a place called Acre, where you will actually be staying in one of their treehouses. They have a restaurant, a bar, and a pool. They do not say much about the treehouses themselves, but they do recommend no more than a three night stay. Dreaming of a longer vacation in Cabos? Plan your stay at Acre before or after enjoying a resort.
Now let’s look at some of the attractions of Los Cabos.
- Animal lovers will enjoy watching whales or looking for dolphins. This is also a place where sea turtles lay their eggs.
- This is also a great place for those who love art. There are museums and galleries, and there is at least one huge art festival..
- Those who have a keen interest in wine may also want to visit Cabos. There are vineyards to explore and wineries where you can sample different wines.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
I think I should go on and let you know that I’m not sure how much internet access I am going to have for the last week of April and the first week of May. I’m going to play by ear how much I’ll work during that time.
Anyway, let’s get back to our discussion on Silverseas. First let’s get back to discussing some of the Silverseas advantages.
- With the smaller ships and many fewer guests on board, you are going to have a higher crew to guest ratio. And that means that the crew is going to be able to offer you a much higher level of service. All guests will have access to a butler.
- Are you wondering what you might eat on one of these cruises. You will be able to choose from one of several restaurants on each ship. They will offer you a wide variety of cuisine. And you will be able to enjoy the outdoors while you eat any time you please.
- Some cruises say they’re all inclusive, and then they’ll charge you every time you turn around. Silverseas does not do this. All your food and drinks are included, even if you want wine or beer. They don’t charge you when you order room service, and you don’t need to worry about grabbing a snack or drink from the fridge in your suite.
- Everyone is going one hour of free wifi each day. If you feel sure you are going to want more than one hour on the internet each day, you might want to consider getting a higher level suite.
- And with Silverseas, you will get the biggest rooms in whichever suite class you choose.. I am going to stop here for now.
I would love to know your thoughts, or any questions you might have.
We are going to get back to our discussion on Silverseas Monday. Today I just want to get things finished. So let’s take a look into some reasons why Nassau makes an excellent destination for for families. Because this is a pretty popular destination, you are going to find plenty of resorts. And among those resorts, you are going to find some fantastic kids’ programs. Your kids will love are these programs and be perfectly safe in these programs. But please don’t let that stop you from spending time together as a family. Let me give you some examples of some thing your family can do in Nassau.
- First of all, there is the beach. Take time to build an elaborate sand castle. Have are races in and out of the water. Lie on the beach and tell each other stories. And don’t forget to bring a huge picnic. Everyone is bound to get hungry being outside and near water.
- Families will also want to explore the city of Nassau itself. For one thing, the city has a nice pirates museum which has its own pirates’ ship that you will want to be sure to check out. There is also a chocolate shop where everyone is encouraged to make their own treats.
- Does someone in your family love animals? They have a great zoo. And you are going to also be able to ride horses along the beach. The whole family might also enjoy an excursion to see the swimming pigs.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this, or any questions you might have.
Today let’s start taking a closer look at Silverseas and what they have to offer.. First, what is Silverseas? It is a cruiseline that has smaller ships to give you a much more intimate cruise experience. Let’s look at who these cruises are for.
- The people going on these cruises are usually older, think more like your parents’ age. I don’t think they do much with children at all.
- These are luxury cruises, and so their guests are pretty well off financially. They also tend to be pretty smart with their money.
- Guests on Silverseas usually like the finer things in life.
They’re likely part of a country club or something similar. And now let’s take a look at some of the advantages of a Silverseas cruises.
- With Silverseas, you are going to be on smaller vessels with a lot fewer people. This means that you will have a lot more space. And I’m not just talking about your own rooms either.
- You will be able to travel to practically anywhere that you would like to go. Smaller ships means they can get to a lot of places the larger vessels can’t.
- And with many fewer guests, the service on these ships is going to be top rated.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Let’s do something a little different today. Mexico, it’s one place that some people think you should avoid, and others say that this is a great time to visit. What I’ve heard as far as safety goes is that staying on resort property, you should be perfectly safe. If you’re looking for an inexpensive trip to Mexico, now may be one of the best times to go.
Like I said earlier, staying at a resort is your best bets when it comes to your safety, and fortunately Mexico has a lot of resorts you can choose from. And many of these will be all inclusives. That means that you will get your room, food, beverages and activities for one price. You will want to be sure to read the fine print to know exactly what is or is not included. Or if I book your trip, I can help you figure out all the details.
Where you book your trip in Mexico can have a huge impact on how much you will spend on your trip. For example, Los Cabos is a very inexpensive place to travel to. You may be surprised at how beautiful this place is. You will find plenty to do and lots of great food to enjoy.
Rivera Maya will have many different resorts you could choose from. The beaches there are absolutely stunning. Cancun would be another pretty inexpensive place to visit. You should be warned that this is a place where people will go to party. Are you looking to explore ancient Mayan Ruins? You will want to visit Tulum, which is a very quiet place.
If you’d like to try to visit Mexico at no cost, consider getting a Hyatt credit card. This will allow you to save up points which you will be able to spend on your hotel stays.
Do you have any questions? Please let me know.
There are thousands of possibilities when it comes to where you and your family can have the vacation of your dreams. A lot of it is going to depend on what you would like to do. Today let’s look at some more possibilities for your family.
I know I’ve said this before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again at some point, but Disney is a great place for a family vacation, even when you have grandparents coming along. Disney has a pretty wide range of accommodations, whether your family likes the to camp together or stay in a luxurious hotel. This is the place where young children’s dreams come true. And parents and grandparents love seeing their precious children so happy. Disney also has a cruiseline, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about that. Disney has a resort in Hawaii called Aulani, and they also do tours in many parts of the world.
rxnAnd like I said yesterday, there are a lot of great resorts out there that have a lot to offer families. Beaches Resorts has a partnership with Sesame Street. They are excited to welcome a new character named Julia who has Autism. Beaches is trying to reach out to families who have autistic children in many different ways.
Nickelodean has a resort in Punta Cana. Would your children want to meet Spongebob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, or Marshall from Paw Patrol? Character breakfasts are going to feature all of these favorites. Guests will also want to visit Plaza Orange where you will find all their favorite characters. They also have a children’s program.
I would love to help you book your summer vacation. Please let me know if you have any questions.
I’m a travel agent. A lot of my days are spent researching and writing about travel. Because that is the case, I know that a lot of Americans have foregone their vacation lately. They are worried about finances. They are also concerned about their jobs if they take vacations. And that’s kind of silly, because most Americans get two weeks of paid vacation.. But anyway, what I’m reading in this course is that only a third of Americans are planning to take vacations this year. Most of these will take either one or two vacations, but some will take three vacations.
Our country has many different National Parks. Perhaps your parents have some special memories at some of these parks that they would love to share with you and your children? You could go camping in a lot of these parks. Or, if you’re looking for nicer accommodations, you might want to book a tour. When you go on a National Parks tour, the tour people are going to take care of all the details for you. Or I could help you figure out all the details.
More interested in your typical fun in the sun vacation? There are a lot of resorts out there which will cater to you and your family. Many resorts have great kids programs, and a lot of activities for families to get involved in together. They’ve also have several different restaurants, so that you will not get bored eating the same thing day after day.
We are going to get back to this tomorrow. It is not too early to start thinking about your summer vacation. I would love to help you plan your trip. Please let me know if you are interested.
I know I talk about multi generational travel a lot. But this is getting to be more and more popular as time goes by. And I am a travel agent who really wants to work with families. And let’s get real for a moment here, as a travel agent who works solely on commission, the more people that go on a trip, and the more money that is spent, the more that I will make. So I would love to help you plan a multi generational trip, even if there might be a little more work involved.
Okay, so what is this thing called multi generational travel? It is not just grandparents taking their adult children, their spouses, and the couples’ children anymore. Couples are also taking their children who are in their twenties and thirties on vacations. And while the children are deciding where they go and what they do on these vacations, the parents tend to be the one footing the bills.. And this is not too surprising given that many adult children are moving back to live with their parents. But anyway. Another interesting thing is that with the adult children booking these trips, they aren’t booking the same trips year after year. They’re looking for new experiences and adventures. Where are they choosing to go?
Myanmar is an extremely popular destination with these type of groups. Costa Rica is another place these family groups like to visit.
What do they like to do on their trips? Well, the sky is kind of the limit. Are you big into the environment? There are a lot of vacations that will intrigue you. Are you foodies in your family? There are plenty of trips that will be of interest to you.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to help you plan your summer vacation. Please let me know if I can help you.