Let’s get back to our discussion of the Cayman Islands. It looks like these islands are owned by Great Britain. There are some natives, but they also have a lot of transplants, including many from Great Britain and North America. With this being the case, people from the above mentioned countries will find a lot of the same foods in their grocery store. These are people that believe in manners, Mr. and Miss are the common way to address anyone in these parts.
The Grand Cayman Island is where you will find a lot of the hotels and condominiums. The sister islands, as they call them, have a lot to offer in the way of caves, nature hikes, and bird watching. And please remember that these are the Cayman Islands. Please don’t call them the Canary Islands, the Grand Canyon, or just Cayman.
Okay, so where are these islands exactly? You are going to have a ninety minute flight from Tampa, Florida. You are going to find pretty much perfect weather any time you go. This is one of the closest destinations in the Caribbean.
Du you want to know some fast facts about these islands?
- First, English is the language that is spoken here.
- They are on Eastern Standard time. However, you will want to keep in mind that they do not observe Daylight Savings Time.
- February will normally be the the coolest month of the year. Temperatures should be in the sixties at this time. Summer temperatures should not reach above ninety. They do have their own currency.
- Their exchange rate is US $1.20. Most places will accept our currency, but be warned that their change will usually be in their currency.
- You will need a valid passport or the equivalent to get in.
- And their electricity current is the same as ours. I know that isn’t important to some, but when you do everything on your communication device, it’s a good thing to know.
I would love to know your thoughts on all this. We will continue this discussion tomorrow.