Today let’s look at some more tips on what to do when traveling with children..
- You’ll want to do as much of the pre-boarding stuff as you can before you and your children reach the airport. This will help you avoid some of those long lines children tend to get so antsy in. You are going to be able to do a lot of it from your smart phone.
- If you plan on doing a lot of international traveling with your kids, you might even want to look into Global Entry. It does cost one hundred dollars, and I think that is per person. But this is going to allow you to skip even more long lines.
- Especially if you’re traveling with small children, you’ll want to skip guided tours. These type tours are usually pretty boring for children. If there is a tour you’d really like to do, consider getting a babysitter while you go.
- There is a time to save money and a time to splurge a little for the sake of convenience and sanity. You might want to take the taxi instead of doing public transportation. You might want to splurge on that extra room or bringing a babysitter along.
- And it’s perfectly okay to have a day where you have absolutely nothing planned. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing. Spend at least a day or two by the pool and/or in front of the tv.
- My favorite trips are when we go see family or old friends. It’s always fun to get to see people you don’t see on a regular basis. This will probably help you save a lot on costs.. You may not need to get a hotel, and you may get some free babysitting time.
- Do you want to teach your kids financially responsibility? Give them each a small budget for the extras, like souvenirs or extra treats. I think that’s about it.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.