We are going to finish this discussion today, I promise. Europe is a truly fascinating place to read about and to visit. Please let me know if you would be interested in planning a trip through me. I would love to help you..
- It is important to remember that the United Kingdom is made up of four separate countries. They are England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. They are their own unique ethnic groups, and people from Scotland and Northern Ireland may get pretty upset if you refer to them as English. Do this at your own peril.
- Yesterday we were discussing how different restaurants can be. You may be charged to use the bathroom in a train station or other public place. They do this in order to keep riffraff out and their bathrooms cleaner.
- They also are not big on air conditioner like we are. Most of your big hotels will have it, don’t worry about that. But a lot of restaurants or places like that will not, especially if you are in the north.
- Europeans have many holidays that we may not to think about, and they tend to take off work. This is especially true around the celebration of Easter and in early May when they celebrate Victory in Europe Day. There are also national holidays that you will have to be careful of. You can either be frustrated by this or enjoy the party.
- Crowds are flocking to Europe. The major cities are going to be stuffed, and this is even more true on weekends from May to September. Planning your trip is probably your best bet.
- If you plan to see several places during your stay, you might want to fly into one city and fly out of another. Doing it this way will save you having to backtrack. If you have several places you would like to visit, you might want to ask me to help you figure it out.
I am rgoing to stop here. Please let me know your thoughts.