Money is the way we do what we do. We do our jobs to get the money we need to pay for the place we live, the food we eat, take care of our vehicles, and I could go on and on. The point is that most everyone wants to save money in any way we can. Okay, let’s look at some more ways we can save while we are traveling.
- It is important to know that some credit cards are going to charge fees when you charge things outside of this country. Do your research and find a credit card that will not charge you extra when you travel.
- Do you want to do your money exchange once you get to your destination? Don’t do it at the airport. They will charge you more an there. The money exchangers in the town are going to be the best bet.
- Traveling and paying for your expenses on your regular debit or credit card isgoing to cost you. Using a travel credit card will allow you earn points which you can put towards hotel stays or airline miles. It is always a good idea to pay your balance at the end of each month.
- Most cell phone services will not allow you to use your phones while traveling internationally without charging hefty fees. Put away your phones and enjoy your trip.
- Airport food is always going to be higher than normal food. You will be better off picking some food up on the way to the airport. And pack snacks in your carry on. You will be glad that you did.
- When you rent a car, you agree to bring it back with the same level of gas in it as when you picked the car up. Not remembering to do that is going to cost you a good bit.
- Some hotels will look the other way when you bring a larger family into a hotel room. Others will charge an additional occupant fee, and still others will make you get an extra room.. Call to figure out which hotels do what.