Summer is winding ofing down. Children are returning to school sometime in August, and things are slowly returning to normal. If you are debating whether to take one more trip to the beach before you have to start back to normal life, below are some places you might want to consider
- The first place we are going to look at is Virginia Beach. My favorite aunt used to live in this area, and my memories of the place are that it’s place. They have a lot of family friendly attractions for everyone to enjoy together. And this is probably a great time to go now that most people have had their fill of the beach.
- You might also want to try Ocean City, Maryland. You are going to find a lot of great deals here. You will also enjoy warmer weather and. You should have no trouble finding whatever accommodations you want.
- Or are you looking into something tropical? Dominican Republic has some beautiful beaches, especially in Punta Cana. Here you will find a lot of nice all inclusive resorts. This is easy to get to from a lot of different cities across America.
- And then there is always Panama City Beach, Florida. Here you will find lots of beach attractions, like shops and amusement park stuff for everyone to enjoy.
I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow.r
When your family wants to get away for some time together, but can’t, or simply don’t want to, spend money, you might want to keep these things in mind.
- First, if you are planning to do a lot of outdoor activities, do not forget to bring your bug spray. And this is especially true if you are going to be doing any camping. While sleeping, you might not be able to tell if something is biting you, which could get dangerous, and expensive, if someone is allergic to a certain type of insect.
- If you are going to spend a lot of time on the road, bring wipes or something you can clean up with. You never know when someone might want a snack and get messy without meaning to.
- And do not forget your trash bags. No one wants trash all over your car, especially if you are going to to be in the car hours at a time. You may even want to make a game out of keeping the trash picked up to make it more fun for everyone.
- Okay, so this may have little to do with money, but no road trip is complete without music, or personally I prefer listening to audio books while traveling. You will want to have some good things to listen to before you leave on your trip. You won’t want to go out of your mind because you are so bored.
- And along those same lines, you will want to bring along some games to play on the road or when everyone just wants to relax. Bring games that everyone on your trip will enjoy. Telling stories is another great way to pass the the time.
- Even if you want to take a break from technology, you will want to bring along your device that takes the best pictures. You will want to take pictures, even if it is to show how bad you look after three or four days on the road. You will want to take pictures to laugh at and remember.
- And whatever you decide about technology, you will want to bring extra batteries for anything that you decide to bring. Batteries can get expensive if you don’t buy them at the right place.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Have you ever just wanted to get away, even if you didn’t have the money for an extravagant vacation. Today let’s start looking at some things you can do to save a lot of money when you travel.
- First, everyone needs to eat when they’re on the road, right? Eating out while you’re on the road can get downright expensive, and isn’t the healthiest option either. My family often ate two meals out of a cooler and one meal out when we were traveling. Pack healthy snacks that you know your family likes as well.
- Everyone knows that gas is expensive these days. Unless you really don’t care where you end up, knowing exactly where you are going will save on gas. You might want to use your gps too if you have one. But if you don’t have a gps, you will want to get to a map. You are going to be able to get free maps at most any welcome center.
- Make sure that your car is in good working order before you leave on your trip. And bring a spare tire along. If you know how to put that tire on, you can be that much more frugal.
- Bring some cash even if you don’t think you are going to need anything. You never know when you might run into a store or restaurant that doesn’t accept credit cards.
We are going to return to this discussion Monday.
I know that traveling with a family can be a lot of work, and sometimes, yes, it can be quite stressful. You aren’t sure if your children are going to sleep well, and when you are traveling internationally that is going to complicating sleeping schedules further. Are the kids going to like any of the food? Will they take interest in the things that you want to explore? Wouldn’t it be easier on everyone to just leave them with their grandparents? Today let’s look at some reasons why you should travel with your children.
- To start with, families are incredibly busy. In the typical family these days, both parents are building their careers, and then they may have a hobby they enjoy. Children are busy with school, sports, and any number of other things. When do families take the time to actually be together? Traveling together gives you the opportunity to spend time together and make those last memories. Taking a vacation together gets everyone from the day to day busyness, and allows them to spend time together.
- Do you want to be there the first time your children get to see beach? Would you like to be there when they try cuisines different from the one they’re used to? Children need to see different cultures. Are you going to be the one they turn to when they see something they do not understand?
- Traveling is going to open your children’s eyes to so many things. While traveling, they will see new land. They may see new animals. They will likely even be exposed to different ways of thinking.
- Parents have an average of eighteen years with each child they have. Do you want your children to look back on their childhood, and feel like all you did for them was work so that their needs could be met? Or do you want them feeling that bond with you, having so many good memories that they come visit again and again?
I know that sometimes it’s just easy to book your travel online through Priceline or whatever. You may be able to sit down and book a hotel room for a couple of nights. If you’re someone who is pretty tech savvy, that should be fairly easy. But today let’s look at some occasions that you might really want to use a travel agent.
- Maybe you’re trying to go to Europe for the first time. You know several different cities you know you want to see, and you know your time is limited. You don’t want to take all the time to figure out what order you should see the cities, and what you should see in each city. As a travel agent, I would be more than happy to help you do all the research, booking your hotels, making sure you have transportation everywhere you go, and anything else you might need. I will be communicating with you by e-mail to get your preferences on everything, but I should still be able to save you a lot of time.
- Kind of in the same vein, maybe you’re just unfamiliar with a certain area you want to visit. I will be putting together a package of all the information you should need when you are on vacation. I can help you figure out the restaurants you might want to go to, points of interest, and all of those details you might need. By our discussions through e-mail, I will be able to help figure out everything that is important to you.
- I can also help when you’re on a tight budget, but still really want to get away. I’m always getting e-mail about travel deals. I can also research and reach out to others in this business to see how they might be able to help us figure things out. I want your business.
- I am going to do whatever I can to make you want to book all your trips.. I will do everything I can to give you the perks and superb service you deserve to keep you coming back. .
I know I said we were going to get back to our discussion about the bachelorette getaways. The problem is that I don’t think there is enough about travel. So instead, let’s look at some trips that Avanti, a tour company, has put together for those of us still interested in taking a summer vacation.
- First, let’s look at what Avanti has to offer in London. You are going to be able to go on a a Beatles’ tour. You will also be able to take a look at the city’s street art and grafitti, and tour a gin distillery. You might also enjoy a Harry Potter afternoon. As you can see, this is not your average London tour.
- Are you a foodie? You might want to try Avanti’s tour of Barcelona. Here you will be doing a tapas tour. There will be cooking classes you can take. You will also be going to a dinner show. There is also a food walking tour.
- Avanti will be doing a tour of Madrid too. You will be able to do tapas tours here as well. You will also be doing taverns and market tours. Madrid has a royal palace that everyone visiting must see. They also have some interesting museums.
- Avanti also takes people to Prague. Here you will be choosing between a beer tour and a coffee house tour. There will be are visits to the markets and cooking classes. There will also be a royal palace here to visit.
It has kind of been a crazy Monday, which guess you would kind of expect after I’ve been gone for two weeks. I was not planning to take as much time off as I did, but think I needed the break. Today I’ve been going through my e-mail, looking at job possibilities and different things. But anyway…
Your best friend has gotten engaged, and you’ve been asked to be the maid of honor. You know you have showers to plan, but your best friend also wants to do a weekend getaway as her bachelorette party, and she insists that you can do most the planning yourself, she’ll just give her approval to any important decisions.
- My first suggestion is to call me. I can help you figure out all the details. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge anything over and above that, and I will be more than happy to help you do all the research that needs to be done.
- First, do you know who all is going on this trip? Do you and your bestie have a group you always pal around with? Try to make sure everyone in the group gets along well. You don’t want things to get awkward for anyone, especially the bride.
- Create a Facebook group so that you can discuss the different aspects of the trip. Be sure to include me if I am going to be booking your trip so that I can keep up with all the discussion.
- Unless someone is rich and wants to give everyone a free weekend, one of the first discussions you will want to have is how much everyone feels like they should spend on this trip. You don’t want to make it so that someone feels like this trip is out of their budget.
- Where should you go? Did everyone go to college together? Have you eaten on vacations together before and have a favorite spot? Or is there somewhere you would like to explore together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
I’m in a really weird place. First, I want to apologize for not being on any last week. I was surprised by my family with a week of camp not. It was a fantastic week. I do not plan being online much this week either, we have family stuff going on. My plan is to return to work next Monday, but we’ll see how everything goes.
When it comes to when to book your cruise, my recommendation is that you book your cruise, or any trip, early so that you will get exactly what you want. But booking cruises at the last minute might enable you to get some awesome cruise deals. Let’s look are at a few of those today.
- Windstar is taking cruisers to Alaska for the first time. I hear that a cruise is a great way to explore Alaska. And Windstar is a luxury cruise line for sure. You might want to check out what is still available.
- Holland America also has room on their vessels that are going to Alaska. And this is one of the more popular destinations for Holland America.
- Seabourn is another luxury cruise line that has room on its vessels that are going to Alaska. Do you want to see some beautiful wildlife? Are you looking to explore some volcanos? Go to Alaska?
If you do not already have a vacation planned, you might want to considerplanning one for either late August or early September. Today we are going to start looking at some destinations you might want to consider.
- And let’s start with Anguilla which is located in the Caribbean. This sounds like a nicer area with a lot of luxurious resorts.. You are going to find many five star places here.
- Key West is always going to be nice, but you will be able to get a very nice breeze most of the time. Their Duval Street always has a party going on. And surprisingly, some of the hotels are going to have their best rates in the summertime. H
- ave you wanted to visit Vietnam, but haven’t been sure when? Late summer through October is going to be when the crowds die down. This is also when prices drop. You will also enjoy great temperatures light rainfall.
- Mexico is always pretty inexpensive, but this is especially true during the summer months. Places like Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Tulum are all going to have great rates whether you want a normal hotel or an all inclusive resort.
- Are you craving winter in summer? Try going to New Zealand. You are going to get great rates anywhere you go. And you will also avoid the crowds.