It has kind of been a crazy Monday, which guess you would kind of expect after I’ve been gone for two weeks. I was not planning to take as much time off as I did, but think I needed the break. Today I’ve been going through my e-mail, looking at job possibilities and different things. But anyway…
Your best friend has gotten engaged, and you’ve been asked to be the maid of honor. You know you have showers to plan, but your best friend also wants to do a weekend getaway as her bachelorette party, and she insists that you can do most the planning yourself, she’ll just give her approval to any important decisions.
- My first suggestion is to call me. I can help you figure out all the details. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge anything over and above that, and I will be more than happy to help you do all the research that needs to be done.
- First, do you know who all is going on this trip? Do you and your bestie have a group you always pal around with? Try to make sure everyone in the group gets along well. You don’t want things to get awkward for anyone, especially the bride.
- Create a Facebook group so that you can discuss the different aspects of the trip. Be sure to include me if I am going to be booking your trip so that I can keep up with all the discussion.
- Unless someone is rich and wants to give everyone a free weekend, one of the first discussions you will want to have is how much everyone feels like they should spend on this trip. You don’t want to make it so that someone feels like this trip is out of their budget.
- Where should you go? Did everyone go to college together? Have you eaten on vacations together before and have a favorite spot? Or is there somewhere you would like to explore together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.