When your family wants to get away for some time together, but can’t, or simply don’t want to, spend money, you might want to keep these things in mind.
- First, if you are planning to do a lot of outdoor activities, do not forget to bring your bug spray. And this is especially true if you are going to be doing any camping. While sleeping, you might not be able to tell if something is biting you, which could get dangerous, and expensive, if someone is allergic to a certain type of insect.
- If you are going to spend a lot of time on the road, bring wipes or something you can clean up with. You never know when someone might want a snack and get messy without meaning to.
- And do not forget your trash bags. No one wants trash all over your car, especially if you are going to to be in the car hours at a time. You may even want to make a game out of keeping the trash picked up to make it more fun for everyone.
- Okay, so this may have little to do with money, but no road trip is complete without music, or personally I prefer listening to audio books while traveling. You will want to have some good things to listen to before you leave on your trip. You won’t want to go out of your mind because you are so bored.
- And along those same lines, you will want to bring along some games to play on the road or when everyone just wants to relax. Bring games that everyone on your trip will enjoy. Telling stories is another great way to pass the the time.
- Even if you want to take a break from technology, you will want to bring along your device that takes the best pictures. You will want to take pictures, even if it is to show how bad you look after three or four days on the road. You will want to take pictures to laugh at and remember.
- And whatever you decide about technology, you will want to bring extra batteries for anything that you decide to bring. Batteries can get expensive if you don’t buy them at the right place.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.