You might be starting out on this adventure called travel, and you may have more questions than answers about everything when it comes to travel. We started this discussion yesterday, so please go back and read those tips as well. Rxandom tips #1
- Okay, let’s get real here, we tend to be pretty spoiled when it comes to cleanliness. When you visit other countries, they might not have the same standards, especially in the bathrooms. You might want to seriously consider bringing your shower shoes.
- Part of the joy of traveling is experiencing different foods. Try the local cuisine. You might not like all the food, but you might be surprised at just how much you do enjoy not. Personally my favorite places to go would be the bakeries. To my way of thinking, you can always find good bread, and I pretty much always enjoy pastries.
- You will want to visit the market of any city you might visit. It is interesting to look at the places the locals shop. You can find out a lot about the culture this way. And you may also meet some interesting people too.
- Research the city, or cities, you are going to visit and find out about the transportation system. If you have a friend who has been to the place you are about to visit, pick their brains about it. Sometimes the bus system simply is not safe. But if you will be safe, you might get to some places that you will not be able to get to by taxi.
- Did your mother teach you to ALWAYS carry tissues with you. They’re extremely light, but can be used in so many ways.
- You do not want to only go to McDonald’s and Starbucks while you are out of the country, but you might not want to completely ignore them either. If nothing else, they are likely cleaner bathrooms and free internet.
We will get back to this discussion tomorrow.