I know that some people say that Mexico is not a safe place to travel to. But what the experts are saying is that as long as you stay within the confines of the resort area that you should be perfectly safe. And from what I hear, Mexico makes a perfect place for romance. It has some absolutely beautiful beaches here. Mexico also has some excellent resorts, with some exquisite cuisine. Today let’s look at some places in Mexico that you might want to consider for your next romantic getaway.
- The Riviera Maya would make a fantastic choice. Here you will find beautiful beaches, some that are quite secluded. This is a great place to have a wedding or renew your vows. You can also explore ancient Mayan ruins.
- Cancun has an excellent reputation when it comes to honeymoons. Or would you rather do your actual wedding here? Having a destination wedding is something that is extremely popular to do here, and they have everything you might need to plan your special day. You’ll also find some beautiful beaches and excellent resorts in this area.
- Ever dreamed of exchanging your vows underwater? Cozumel is one of the few places that will allow you to do that. You won’t have trouble finding anywhere you want to go, and most of it is within easy distance. You can spend your days scuba diving, playing golf or tennis, or exploring ruins. And there will be plenty of evening entertainment as well.
- Los Cabos is the perfect place to plan a romantic getaway any time of the year. This is one place where the desert meets the sea. Want to be pampered at every turn? Los Cabos is your place.
- San Migual De Allende has been voted “best city in the world” two years in a row. This is another excellent choice for a destination wedding. Again you’ve find everything you might need right here.
Let’s finish up looking at these random travel tips today.
- Most the time, you can usually >get a feel for whether a certain person is is safe, whether or not you’ve ever met them before. Most people will be more than happy to help you get directions, or even recommend a restaurant.
- But women, even if you are traveling by yourself, no, make that especially if you are traveling, do not let on that you are. And do not tell people that you are unmarried until you know them pretty well.
- If you want to do one nice meal a day, try to do that at lunchtime rather than dinner. It will usually cost you less, and you may also want to splurge on a glass of wine or a nice dessert.
- Another reason you might want to do your biggest meal during the middle of the day is you may want to take a siesta. That way you can stay up and take part in the evening’s entertainment options.
- And take a minute to unpack so you know where everything is when you’re ready to hit the sack.
- And remember to take gum or mints. You never know when you might need to freshen your breath.
You might be starting out on this adventure called travel, and you may have more questions than answers about everything when it comes to travel. We started this discussion yesterday, so please go back and read those tips as well. Rxandom tips #1
- Okay, let’s get real here, we tend to be pretty spoiled when it comes to cleanliness. When you visit other countries, they might not have the same standards, especially in the bathrooms. You might want to seriously consider bringing your shower shoes.
- Part of the joy of traveling is experiencing different foods. Try the local cuisine. You might not like all the food, but you might be surprised at just how much you do enjoy not. Personally my favorite places to go would be the bakeries. To my way of thinking, you can always find good bread, and I pretty much always enjoy pastries.
- You will want to visit the market of any city you might visit. It is interesting to look at the places the locals shop. You can find out a lot about the culture this way. And you may also meet some interesting people too.
- Research the city, or cities, you are going to visit and find out about the transportation system. If you have a friend who has been to the place you are about to visit, pick their brains about it. Sometimes the bus system simply is not safe. But if you will be safe, you might get to some places that you will not be able to get to by taxi.
- Did your mother teach you to ALWAYS carry tissues with you. They’re extremely light, but can be used in so many ways.
- You do not want to only go to McDonald’s and Starbucks while you are out of the country, but you might not want to completely ignore them either. If nothing else, they are likely cleaner bathrooms and free internet.
We will get back to this discussion tomorrow.
Let’s be honest for a minute, sometimes I’m not sure what to write about. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Today we are going to look at some random travel tips.
- xxFirst, pass a small notebook with you wherever you go. You never know when you might want to jot something down. This can apply to everyday life, not just when you travel. But when you travel, you might have even more things to remember.
- Are you running behind for your flight? Go ahead and check in online. Surely you’ll have your smartphone on you. You might even be able to check in while you are walking into the airport if you are driving yourself.
- Some countries allow you to put your toilet paper into the toilet. Others want you to put it in a trash can. Usually places that don’t want the paper in their sewer system will have a tiny trash can right beside the toilet. You might want to look that up before you leave just so you’ll know.
- You never know when you might get an upgrade for your hotel or flight. It does not hurt to ask whether they might have anything free available.
- If you have trouble sleeping, you might want to ask to not be put near the elevator. There is always so much noise and traffic around elevators.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts
Foodies love to travel to experience the cuisine of a certain destination. Today we are going to put a twist on that. Let’s look at some places you would want to go if you wanted to give your kids culinary treats.
- Okay, personally I would eat a nice, healthy breakfast and lunch, and maybe grab a slice of New York style pizza before heading to the place known as the “Sugar Factory”, which is in Manhattan. This place will have every confection known to man, and probably some you’ve never heard of. We’re talking cotton candy virgin drinks, s’mores crepes, and something called insane milkshakes. You are going to think you’ve stepped into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.
- So maybe you don’t like feeding your children while you’re flying. They can make a real mess, they might not like what is being served, it can be a real headache. But in Colorado Springs they have turned an old Boeing military plane into a restaurant. It is simply called “The Airplane Restaurant”. You are going to be served American classics, and when the kids get restless, you can send them to the cockpit..
- The DuPont Circle has one restaurant called the Firefly. You are going to start your evening by decorating your cookie while you are waiting on your orders. Don’t worry, you won’t be actually eating your cookies before eating your dinner. They are going to take your cookies and bake them while you eat. You probably want to explain that to your children.
- We are discussing restaurants your children will love, right? You might want to go all the way and plan a whole trip around your children and go to Disney world. Have dinner in the Beast’s castle. You might even meet Beast if you’re lucky. What do they serve? The one thing I’m reading about is meatloaf serve in the shape of Mickey’s ears.
- Do your kids like the idea of sitting at the table where your food is cooked, but don’t necessarily like Japanese food? You have to try Slappy Cakes in Portland, Oregon. This is a pancake kid place where you choose your batter, you’ll also choose what you put in your pancakes as well as what you put on top. You will be cooking your own pancakes right at your table.
Please let me know if you’re interested in taking your children on a culinary tour.. I’d love to help you plan something.
We are going to get back to our discussion about how to plan a romantic getaway. Maybe now that school is back in session, you can talk the grandparents into staying with the children, and you and your husband can get away for a few days. Here are some things you might want to consider when planning a getaway like this.
- Cruises are vacations that could cost you a very little, or could cost you quite a bit. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Now I know I’ve said this before, the more you spend up front, the more you pay up front for the cruise, the less likely they’ll be to nickel and dime you once you’re on board. You’ll want to keep in mind. But cruises are great for those that want nothing to think about once you’re on board. Your room, your food, and sometimes your excursions can be all paid for before you leave on your trip.
- If you don’t want to do a cruise, you will want to figure out where you are going to be staying. Depending on where you want to go, you might have many different options. There are hotel in most any city. Bigger cities are likely to also have resorts, and some of these are going to be pretty all inclusive. There are condos and airbnb. What do you want? Do you want someone to pamper you at every turn? Or do you want more privacy, where you can pamper each other? You’ll want to make your bookings. Or you could have me make your bookings for you. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge you anything over and above that.
- I do not think I can make anything on making restaurant reservations, but if I book your trip, I’ll be more than happy to help look up restaurants that might be interesting to you.
- If you are looking to save money, go to the local grocery store, and pick up food you will enjoy cooking and eating together. There is also nothing quite as romantic as taking a picnic together.
With the children heading back to school, I think everyone is starting to dream of cooler weather, gathering with friends around a bonfire or football games, holiday times. But if another thing on your to do list is to plan a romantic getaway for you and your spouse, you might want to pay close attention to this.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to remember the type of things that brought you together in the first place. How did you meet? What kinds of things did you do on your dates that making accepting another date so easy? What are things that you enjoy doing together now? Is there a hobby that you enjoy or want to take up together?
- You will want to discuss how much you want to spend on this trip. This will help you determine whether you want to drive somewhere, or if you want to do a bigger trip and fly somewhere. Flying somewhere usually costs more.
- On less inexpensive trips, you might want to go back to the college you met and fell in love at. Or maybe you’ve wanted to go back to exact spot where you first met. Maybe you want to get back to the place where he first proposed.
- If you are wanting to do something a little nicer, have the two of you created a bucket list of places you’ve always wanted to go together? Or is there a country you’re always discussing and researching together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
I hear that taking a cruise is one of the best ways to explore Hawaii. Hawaii is made up of more than one island, and you will want to see more than one island on your trip. What better way to do that than to take a cruise? And here are some other reasons you might want to consider taking a cruise to Hawaii.
- First of all, it can be rather time consuming and tedious to book all the flights to the different islands.
- It can also be difficult to figure out in which order to do everything. Why don’t you cruise these beautiful islands and not worry about any of that?
- Going on a cruise will also help you make sure that you will be seeing everything that you want to in the vacation time that you have. The cruise will let you know what all is available, and you will be able to pick and choose what’s right for you.
- You are going to be staying on the cruise ship for your whole vacation. There is no need to repack when you change islands.
- Sometimes you think you booked an ocean view room at a hotel, and then it turns out that you didn’t. On a cruise ship, you’re much more likely to get a room with a gorgeous view.
- Cruising to Hawaii also makes financial sense. Prices in Hawaii are usually pretty expensive. With a cruise, you will get everything paid for before you leave.
Have I convinced you to set sail for Hawaii? Please let me know.
What’s your ideal when it comes to your honeymoon? Do you have a specific destination in mind? Are you like most people and want to indulge in true luxury on your special trip? Is there a resort you want to go to? Or maybe what you’ve always dreamed of as your honeymoon is a cruise. If that last one describes you best, you’ll want to read on.
Today we are going to look at what’s available on Celebrity Cruises first. It looks like every Celebrity Cruise has a party exclusively for newlyweds. At this party there will be champagne and the opportunity to dance to live music. Celebrity is another smaller ship cruiseline that will not have the busyness of the larger ships which most honeymooners will appreciate. Their Classic Romance Package includes turn down service with rose pedals on the bed, and champagne. That will cost you fifty dollars. For $125, you will get their Deluxe Romance Package which includes breakfast in bed, turn down service with rose pedals, and champagne. And their Premium Romance Package, which will cost you $225, will get you breakfast in bed, dinner at one of their specialty restaurants, turn down service with rose pedals, and champagne. I
xf you are thinking about booking a Norwegian cruise for your honeymoon, you will want to consider getting a suite within The Haven, their ship within a ship. When you stay in their Haven, you are going to get priority booking, a restaurant exclusive for their Haven guests, a cappuccino machine in your suite, and gourmet treats in your room each evening. Wherever you decide to stay, you’ll be welcome to indulge in their romance packages. Their honeymoon package includes sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries on the day you leave, romantic dinner, and a dozen roses. That will cost you $180. And their deluxe honeymoon package includes all of the above, breakfast in bed and a portrait.
If you are someone who has always dreamed of going on a cruise for your honeymoon? This is one way that you would be able to exploring a certain part of the world without having to worry about any of the logistics. On a cruise, you are going to have your lodging. [On a honeymoon, I think that you would want to get a suite or something a little nicer than an inside room.] All your meals are going to be provided for you. You will also likely have all the entertainment you are going to want right there on the ship. Today let’s look at some cruises you might want to consider for your honeymoon.
- The first cruise we are going to look at is Paul Gauguin. The cruises that they recommend for honeymooners to go to places like Tahiti and Bora Bora. You are going to find luxury on these cruises. For starters, the ships hold less than four hundred guests, so you will receive a high level of service, and also will have more privacy than on the mass market ships. You will have a special Polynesian celebration of your marriage. You will get one free 8×10 portrait. Other people are also free to give you gifts for more on board credit that you can use for things like couple’s massages and shore excursions. They will also give you a bottle of champagne.
- Windstar also has some amazing cruises for those on their honeymoon. They recommend a Mediterranean voyage for honeymoons. Windstar usually has no more than three hundred and fifty guests. Their honeymoon packages come at an extra cost to you. The Honeymooner Romantic Bon Voyage package includes a bottle of champagne, chocolate strawberries and breakfast in bed. That costs $160. Their Just For Us package includes everything in the previous package AND another bottle of champagne and caviar served in your room. That would cost $350. Their Pure Pampering package includes a dozen roses, a bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon tea and dessert, and massages. This will cost you $400.
We will continue this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.