I have had a crazy week as far as work goes. Hopefully next week is going to be a little less wild. I’ve been looking at some different jobs.. Anyway, decided to go through my spam folder, and from what I can tell, Disney is a pretty popular topic. First, I’m glad you like my work, and second I would love to help a trip to Disney if you are interested. Please just let me know
- I mentioned that Disney has dining plans on Wednesday, but let’s look at that some more. Each of following describes what you will get each day of your plan. Choose the Quick Service Plan, you are going to get two quick service meals and two snacks. With the Disney dining plan, you will get two snacks, one quick service meal, and one meal at a restaurant. Now if you want to do a Deluxe dining plan, you will get three meals and two snacks.
- I know with Disney you are going to have a lot to figure. That is why you will want my help. I can help you do all the research to figure things out. I can save you hours of work.
- Believe it or not, there are some inexpensive souvenirs at Disney, you just have to find. There are also scavenger hunts you can do.
We are going to get back to the Disney discussion, tomorrow hopefully. But I do not have long today, so let’s look at some times when you may really need a travel agent. Sure, I know that anyone can go online and book trip. But sometimes you want to make sure that everything done right.
When you think of your honeymoon, you don’t want to remember it as a disaster trip. This is hopefully a trip you get just once in your life. You want it to be special. You want it to be right. Travel agents will also be able to give you special perk. Planning a multi generation trip is not something you want to do on your own. You are going to have a lot of different people coming to one decision. Your family may have someone with special needs. Your family is going to have a lot of different interests. Figuring out a place that everyone will enjoy is difficult. Let a travel agent help you plan everything. And maybe you’re planning your first big international trip. Do you want to do all of that research by yourself? Let a travel agent help you plan the the big trip. Tell them what is important to you and what isn’t.
I’d bet that if you asked your children where they would like to go on vacation, they would say that they want to go to Disney World. But unfortunately, the “most magical place on earth” is also known as the “most expensive place on earth”.. Today let’s look at some ways you might be able to save on your next Disney vacation.
- When you go to Disney, you will pretty always want to stay on property. And yes, that is even true if you are trying to save money. There are some what they call “Value Resorts” that are pretty comparable to other hotels in the area. Some of these hotels are going to have their own entertainment. You will always receive free transportation when you stay at one of Disney’s resorts, and you will be able to take advantage of their “Magic Hours”. And one more advantage of staying at a Disney resort is that sometimes you can get a great deal on their din plans.
- Disney has a whole lot to offer families, so much so that you will want to plan out your trip. You will want to decide which rides you want to use your Fastpasses. You can even book the time ranges that you want to go on these rides. Disney also has a lot of character dining experiences you can take part in. You will just need to figure out which ones would mean the most to your children.
- Okay, yes, Park Hopper Passes are going to cost you a little extra, but getting these will allow you to get into any park that you want. You can actually switch parks several times a day. And this will probably allow you to stay fewer days. Let’s get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on any of this. I would also love to help you plan a trip to Disney.
My last post was for yesterday. Today let’s look at some memorials commemorating today and all it stands for. It has been seventeen years since the attacks, can you believe it?
- Okay, first there is a memorial in New York City. They are closed September eleventh, wondering if they consider it some kind of holiday? But it is usually opened each day, and you can purchase tickets up to six months in advance.
- New Jersey has a memorial called Empty Sky Memorial. It was built to honor New Jersey’s victims, and this place was ready in time for the tenth anniversary of the attacks.
- The Pentagon Memorial is located in Arlington, Virginia. It, of course, commemorates the victims of the Pentagon attack. Parking is limited, so you may want to take public transportation.
- I guess this is to show England’s support of us. September 11th Memorial Garden has been opened in London just two years. They communicated with people who lost loved ones in the attacks as they built this.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Would you like to do a September 11th tour? Please let me know.
I’m sorry. I had every every intention of doing this yesterday. But things kept coming up. We were visiting with my sister, and things kept coming up. But anyway, I’m here now.. I am going to be doing some different things this week, and I’m not exactly sure how much I am going to be online. We will just have to wait and see. Okay, let’s look at some other things that might be different when we go to other countries.
- The website I’m reading says that brand name items are more expensive in other countries. I’ve read in a lot of places that just the opposite is true. It might depend on what items you’re looking at.
- Most the time we Americans Have the latest and greatest when it comes to laptops and gaming systems. Other people in other countries may not be as fortunate.
- We are usually more advanced all around than other people, and that that certainly includes our medicine. The medicine we have here is usually better and often less expensive than in other countries.
- We are also going to get the newest music and movies before everyone else. I am not sure whether that is referring to American entertainment.
- Unless you are going somewhere that is very remote, learning their language is nice but not necessary. Countries love American tourists, and so English is an extremely popular language to learn. And they love to practice what they are learning.
Here in the United States, we kind of take some things for granted, things that may or may not be true in other countries. Let’s look at some of those things today.
- Those who love taking hot baths, which I do, need to remember that hot water is a luxury in other parts of our fair world. Sometimes you will have to run the water for quite a while before it gets warm. Other times you are not going to get hot water at all.
- We have shower curtains, allowing one person to bathe while someone else is on the toilet, allowing both semi-privacy. But in many other countries, they don’t usually have shower curtains.
- And do not assume that you can throw your toilet paper into the toilet. Some countries allow that. Others do not. Usually if they do not allow it, they will have a small trash can near the toilet.
- A lot of places will not have dryers. People actually hang out their clothes to dry. We Americans are spoiled when we think we have to have our dryers to do our clothes.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how we, as women, should pack. When we are going on a trip, there are usually 101 other things on our mind. We don’t need to stress about what you should pack, and if you have everything you’ll need.
- You could even want to start by writing out a packing list and store that on your computer. Make one list and then leave out anything you will not need for that particular trip. Do you have comfortable clothes you can mix and match.Sometime when you are not busy, you might want to go shopping to buy some nice traveling clothes. You will want everything you buy to be perfectly comfortable.
- And traveling is one time you will definitely want to layer. You may be too cold in the airport, and too warm once you get on the plane.
- We know that we need to take our toothbrush and toothpaste on any kind of trip. But you might want to take that in your carry on. People tend to sleep on planes? Do you want to meet whoever it is you are going to see with a bad case of morning breath?
- To travel means to move from one place to another. And when things move, accidents tend to happen. Take Tide pens to make sure no stains set beforre you can get somewhere you can wash whatever it is out properly.
- Take a first aid kit with band-aids, aspirin, cough drops, things like that. Yes, they do sell those things nearly everywhere, but you might not be able to find it.
I’m trying to do several things at once. I’m not quite sure how anything is going to turn out, but we will see.. My hope is to target Mompreneurs in this business of mine. So when I write this blog, I have women who are in business for themselves in mind. And one big question a lot of women have when it comes to travel is how to pack. Let’s look at some of those tips today.
- Those rolling suitcases can be great if you’re dropping it off for someone else to carry and struggle with. But is that really what you want to take for your carry on? Is that what you want to have with you when you are touring? No, you would be wise to get something you can throw over your shoulder and be able to toss anywhere. On short trips, you should be able to take just that bag.
- Is the wallet you use at home big and bulky? You might want to get something lighter for when you’re on the road. You’ll want it to be functional, but consider something you could stick in your bra or somewhere else on your person.
- You no longer need something to play music, camera, alarm clock, flashlight, books, everything is right there on your phone. And that is true whether or not you have service. Do yourself a favor and just take your phone.. Bring your e-reader if you don’t want to read on your phone for hours.
- Bring one outfit that is on the nicer side because you never know what might happen. But make it something that you feel comfortable wearing. People can always tell when you’re uncomfortable, and it can make them uncomfortable as well.
- You do not need to take your whole closet of shoes. Think about how much walking you tend to do on vacations, and bring your most comfortable walking shoes. Bring one pair of nicer shoes you can wear out to dinner or something like that. And bring flip-flops for when you’re hanging out at the hotel.
Travel can be lots of fun, but just because travel is fun does not mean it does not have its problems and frustrations associated with it. I guess in that way travel is a lot like the rest of life. Today let’s look at some common problems, and what to do to overcome them.
- When we are going on a trip, a lot of us tend to want to plan everything to the minute. But life tends to be so busy and full, on vacations we need to slow down and relax. Take time to enjoy whatever experiences come our way. Take the time to meet the people that live in the place you’re visiting.
- Is meeting new people one of your top goals in your travels? Go check out the hostels. You are going to find all kinds of interesting people there. Hostels will often have meals where everyone eats together. Take part in those. You might end up with a lot of pen pals all over the world.
- Plan on going on at least one group tour. This is yet another way to meet fellow travelers. They would be good for telling you which things would be fun to see and which things to avoid. You can even meet fellow travelers before your trip online in forums and such.
- Make sometime that is downtime. You will want sometime to catch up on e-mails. Consider making one or two days your time to binge watch your favorite shows and eat junk food. Take at least one evening to just hang out at the pool.
- Do not try to rush through countries just so you can say you can say you have been there. Take your time. Enjoy the different sights that interest you. Take time to get to know the people. Enjoy some nice Meals. Remember that it is good for people to get away from their everyday world at least twice a year.
Today is one of those days. I was out visiting this morning. And I’ve kind of come home to a bunch of things I want to get done here. Between looking for work and taking a course I’m taking this week. I have done what must be done today, but have a lot of other things I would like to do. But I do want to make sure this does is get done on today.
- Today we are going to start with the Shenandoah Valley. This happens to be where my grandparents always lived, and so I know this to be an absolutely gorgeous place. It is rare that the temperature would get past ninety degrees in the summer.. You will get some snow most winters. There are all kind of quaint little shops to visit, and there is also some great fishing.
- You probably have heard of Napa Valley, but have you heard of Walla Walla, Washington? Like Napa Valley, Walla Walla has some great vineyards. It is also known for being one of the friendliest small towns around. It is also just a beautiful place to visit.
- There is always something to do in Savannah, Georgia, and if you go thirty minutes east from there, you will get to lovely Tybee Island. You will want to go in October when the whole island turns into a pirate’s festival. And be sure to check out their lighthouses.
- Another up and coming city to visit is Asheville, North Carolina. I used to live near this city. there is the Bltmore Estate with their lovely gardens. You are going to find some great breweries. You will also find great shopping and restaurants in this fair city.