Jetlag, this is a thing that has happened because travel has become so much easier and faster. But how do you fight it? Let’s look at some tips that might help.
- First please don’t laugh this off, this is a real thing that can not only make you tired, it can also effect your mood. Believe me, I almost never fall asleep in the middle of the day, never in my wheelchair, unless we’ve just gone overseas. Going between that many time zones at once is just crazy.
- If you’re taking a pretty short trip, do your best to stay on your normal schedule. I know of one man who travels between the East Coast and the West a lot for business, and he manages to stay on Eastern Time. On longer trips, you may want to adjust to the time. Try not to plan much the first days.
- Don’t assume that just because something worked well for your friend that it is going to work well for you. Everybody is different, and you will just have to figure out what works well for you and what doesn’t.
- You may even want to start adjusting your schedule before you leave on your trip. Start eating and sleeping at the times that you will be once you are there.
- Everyone is so busy these days, I get that.. But not getting enough rest before a trip is not going to help. No one really wants to sleep on their trip. They want to be exploring and having fun.