Today has been one of those days where I’ve started to write about this and that, but nothing seems to work. Today let’s look at some common travel blunders people make.
- You shouldn’t overpack. You do not need to look your absolute finest for every single occasion. You can get away with a lot when you’re traveling when it comes to fashion. Pack outfits that you can easily mix and match. And you are going to be able to find laundry facilities most anywhere you want. Airlines charge you when you overpack. There is only so much weight they can take.
- You will want to know exactly what your cell phone company’s policies are for when you travel. Are you going to be slapped with high roaming charges? If you are going to need data, make sure to get an international plan.
- Racing through the airport trying to get your next can be exciting, but it can also be frustrating. Try to book flights with enough time in between. I understand that you just want to get to your destination, but missing a flight is going to mess you up more.
- Get some of the local money when you are at the airport. You are going to need something to pay for a taxi or bus. Getting it at the ATM is going to be your best bet.
Let’s get back to some common misconceptions about travel.
- Some people say that in order to book the cheapest flights, you should get on the internet at midnight on Tuesday. While it used to be true that airlines would generally post their sales around this time, this is no longer necessarily true. Airlines are changing a lot about their business models and things like that. The experts say that booking your domestic flights six to eight weeks prior to your departure is usually your best bet.
- A lot of people say that you should always fly economy, that it’s just a waste to upgrade to business or first class. You may want the comforts and the perks that come with the higher class seats, especially if you are on a super long flight. And you can find some great deals on the upper class flights. You may have to look a little more, but it could be well worth it.
- People say that you should never travel with a newborn. Is there any child more flexible than a newborn? They need sleep, but they can pretty much do that anywhere and any time. Light and dark mean little to them. They need to eat, but milk is their only food. The only other thing that they really need is you, their parents.
- They say that you should not visit the Caribbean in the summer or other parts of the world during the rainy season. But if you are looking to get away from the crowds, that is actually one of the best times to go. The crowds go when the weather is supposed to be perfect. Maybe you actually enjoy rainy weather. Maybe you don’t want to be outside much anyway. Or maybe you just want to get lower prices on your trip.
People are always giving advice. Sometimes it’s wise to follow that advice, other times
you will want to ignore their advice completely. Today let’s look at some advice that you might want to consider carefully before you follow.
- First, people say that you should never stay in the center of town. Most people think that staying on the outskirts of town is going to guarantee that you will get the best deals on your hotel. That is not necessarily true. Sometimes you can get great deals right in town. And sometimes you want to pay the extra simply for being right in the center of everything.
- People say that you should skip all the major attractions of a city. There are reasons that these places are so popular. Do you want to go to New York City and not see the Statue of Liberty? Sometimes it’s great fun to be part of a crowd and feel all the energy. And sometimes you just want to say you’ll been there.
- Some people say that it isn’t safe to visit certain parts of the world. Hey, some people say it’s not safe to visit anywhere outside the United States. I’m sorry, but I don’t think our country is any safer than other places. Have you read the news lately? You will want to do your research for sure. I can help you with that research if I book your trip.
- Some people say that it is not wise to travel by yourself. But solo travel is becoming more and more popular. Traveling by yourself doesn’t mean you will be by yourself the whole time. This is a great way to meet other people.
Let’s look at some other reasons that you might want to consider taking a trip to the Caribbean.
- Let’s face it, you love your children, but sometimes you just need to take a little break from them. With both cruises and all-inclusive resorts, you are going to get the opportunity to leave the kids at kids’ clubs while you go have your own fun.
- Have we mentioned that the beaches are simply beautiful down there? This is the perfect place to take great selfies and make all your friends so jelly [um, jealous].
- Some people absolutely hate cooking. Others love it and find it relaxing. For those that love to cook, and want to do it even while on vacation, you will want to be sure to visit the seafood markets in the Caribbean.
- Don’t love to cook, but think you might get tired of eating in restaurants your whole vacation? Try finding a fish fry when you are in Barbados. These will usually take place on the weekends. Here you will not only find great fish, you will also taste some great side dishes too.
- Are you trying to meet the stars? The Caribbean has some very exclusive resorts, and the stars do frequent these places. I can even help you try to figure out where these people go to take their vacations.
- The Caribbean is diverse when it comes to their cuisines. Island hopping will allow you to sample a lot of different foods.
I’m trying some different things with the business, but I do want to make sure my normal work does get done. All right, so let’s get back to our discussion on why you might want to go to the Caribbean.
- This is one place that is fairly easy to get to. Your flights will be relatively short, it usually only takes a few hours to get anywhere in the Caribbean. And it is pretty easy to get a direct flight.
- Do you have airline miles you want to use? The Caribbean is one place you can get to using those miles.. You might get away with only paying taxes and fees.
- You can also use credit card rewards to get a very inexpensive trip to the Caribbean you can use your rewards to get into some very nice resorts. And of course, you can get all kinds of rewards when you sign up for a credit card.
- And if you are part of a hotel rewards program, you can save even more on your Caribbean trip. And yes, you can use those points on all-inclusive resorts.
- Don’t know which island you would like to visit? Book a Caribbean cruise. A cruise is a great way to experience several several islands at once. You can always go back to your favorite island on your next trip.
- Cruising is also an inexpensive way to see the islands. Cruises are not only very inexpensive ways to see the Caribbean, you will also get a lot of bang for your buck on a cruise. You will be getting most of your entertainment at no extra charge. Most of your meals will be included as well.
Taking a trip, getting away from your day to day routine, is usually pretty nice. Everybody needs breaks from time to time. But getting away to the Caribbean can be just what the doctor ordered. Today let’s take a look at some reasons why.
- If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort, the Caribbean is definitely a place that you will want to consider. There are just so many of that these resorts here. Are you looking for kid friendly? They have that. Are you looking for a place to reignite the romance? They’ll have a wide variety of resorts that will meet those needs as well. Going to an all-inclusive means that you will pay one price and then be able to enjoy everything without spending extra.
- There is also a lot of luxury to be had here. The resorts are just one option that you will have. There are also some beautiful villas whether there are two or twenty of you going. And the Caribbean is always a beautiful place in general.
- Another reason to visit the Caribbean? Winters are never too cold, and summers are never too cold. Temperatures are always between sixty and eighty degrees. And it is usually great weather to play outdoors.
- The water is beautiful down there, and absolutely fantastic to swim in. These are some of the clearest waters you will ever see. And that is especially true in places like Turks and Caicos, and Grand Cayman.
- Since the waters are so clear, this makes a great place to snorkel. You will be able to see all kinds of tropical fish, and you will also get to watch my favorite animal which is the dolphin.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
One thing that keeps people from using travel agents is that they think travel agents are going to make their trips more expensive. In actuality, travel agents can save you money. Today let’s look at some ways how.
- I know I am always saying this, but travel agents make money when we book hotels, car rentals, cruises, theme parks, etc. A lot of us do not charge anything over and above that.
- The big thing travel agents save you is time. Planning a trip takes a lot of time. With me, all that you will need is to e-mail me back and forth several times so that I can figure out exactly what you want. I will take care of the rest.
- We travel agents will also help you figure out the details for your trip. Are you going to want travel insurance? Will you need to take medical precautions for where you are going? What is is the best way to get there? What kinds of things will you do once you are there? A travel agent is going to be able to help you with all of these details.
- No one knows everything about a certain destination. Isn’t that one of the reasons we travel? But knowing about travel is a travel agent’s job. We also know other travel agents who can help walk us through everything.
- We will also know the best times for you to travel. We will help you through every step of this process to make sure that your trip is the best that it can be.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.