Are you sitting around on this Saturday morning, thinking that there must be a better way to spend your weekend than just sitting around, binging on your favorite tv shows. There is. Take a day off, and enjoy a three day trip somewhere. Where, you ask? Let’s look at some more destinations.
- There is New Orleans that you might want to explore. You will especially enjoy it if you enjoy night life. But do you know who will probably the enjoy it most? Foodies. This is the place to get your French cuisine. And they also have great Creole food.
- Are you looking for a place you can just go and relax? You might want to try Kennebunkport. It is so relaxing that the Bush family got a place here. You are going to enjoy some excellent fishing. They also have beautiful beaches
- Ooh, I have spent some time in Baltimore. I know they have one of the largest aquariums in the country. Their Inner Harbor is a lot of fun. Woul, you may be overwhelmed by the number of food choices. My recommendation would be to go around and try all of their samples. You will want to be sure to get some crab cakes there in Baltimore as well.
- If you are looking for something more high end, you might want to try going to Santa Barbera. There are many great restaurants and lots of interesting shopping.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will love to go to Colorado Springs. This is a great place to hike and bike. If you are not into that kind of thing, you and family might want to go explore the headquarters of Focus on the Family. They have their own Whit’s End and everything.
Let’s keep looking at some destinations you might want to look into the next time you are thinking about taking a three day weekend.
- Have you always dreamed of going to Europe, but don’t think you are going to have that kind of money any time soon? You might want to try Montreal. This city definitely has an old world feel to it. Go enjoy their botanical gardens. Visit their Notre Daame Basilica. And don’t forget to go to Mount Royal to get a good look at the whole city.
- Have you ever been to the Outer Bank? I have. Now you will want to be careful of when you go, as in you don’t want to go when there is any chance of a hurricane. Check the weather before you go. This is a great beach area. It is also near where the Wright brothers did their experiments.
- Okay, this is another city where you will have to make some decision as far as you want to do with your time, but Vegas has a lot to offer. Do you want to do a water parks weekend? They have that here. Looking for a great weekend of lots of good eating? You also might want to try Vegas. Are you looking for entertainment? There is no better place.
- Are you a surfer dude? It might be silly to mention this to you, but you might want to try Cocoa Beach. This is where all surfers gather. And of course, you have a surfer shop to meet all your needs.
Let’s keep looking at some destinations that you might consider were going to for a long weekend.
- Now, it would take a lot of long weekends to explore everything that New York City has to offer. If you live somewhat close to the city, you could do several long weekends and choose a theme for each weekend you go. If you do not live close, you might want to look online and decide on the places you want to go to the most.
- You will want to choose the restaurants you want to go to as well. I know I’ve mentioned this before on this blog, but I used to live near Asheville, North Carolina. It is a beautiful city in the Smoky Mountains. You are going to find a lot of neat places to shop and explore. This is a very artsy city as well.
- Like New York City, it would taking longer than three days to see all of Chicago. But one thing you might want to concentrate on is their art institute.. You will also want to be sure to visit Wrigley Park where a lot of sports history has been made.
- Take a long weekend and explore San Francisco. Take a ride on the cable car. You can also take a boat out to Alcatraz. Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge. You may also enjoy touring their wine country.
- Is California on the other side of the country for you? Is Alabama closer to you? You might want to try their Gulf Shores. You will find some nice cottages right on their beach. This is the perfect place just to relax if that is what you’re looking to do.
Sometimes you just need to get away for a long weekend. Maybe work has gotten super busy. Or maybe you have some hard things going on in your family. Whatever your reason, you need to get away. Let’s look at some destinations you might want to consider.
- Do you want to go somewhere where you have plenty of activities to choose from? Think about going to Miiami, Florida. This is a fun in the sun destination. You will also have a lot of choices when it comes to nightlife. You will also have great restaurants from.
- Do you want to go to the coolest city in Texas? You are going to have to try Austin. It helps that the city has the university right there. This place has a lot of great restaurants, some great art museums, and a lot of interesting shopping.
- And yes, people do go to Mexico for long weekends. It is an easy flight. Los Cabos is a great destination when you want to take a beach getaway. This is a great place to just relax and have some much needed fun.
- Are amusement parks your jam? Go to Orlando. This is theme park central. You are going to find Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens. And that’s just naming the biggest parks there. The city also has a lot of other things to offer.
If you haven’t gotten this impression by reading this blog, I am all about families spending time together. And I do know that once the children grow up, they do not live in the same town as their parents. My siblings are all kind of scattered everywhere, and with eight of us, it is hard for all of us to get together. It is a treat when we do. Yes, we are learning to do Skype and things like that, and while that is is nice, that is not the same as being together in the same place. I know that a lot of families feel the same right. Sometimes you do not want to go to where one of your family members live because you do not want to do the cooking and the cleaning. Today let’s talk about some reasons Disney World makes the perfect place for one of these multi generational trips..
- First, like me, Disney has always been passionate about the family, and they have something everyone will love. They are going to have slow rides and fast rides. Everyone is going to be able to find their favorite characters. There will also be all kinds of shows that everyone will enjoy.
- When you need to take a break from the parks, Disney has all kinds of nice resorts where you can stay. There will be pools you can relax around and spas for the adults to enjoy.
- Think about it, going to the parks as a young family can be overwhelming, especially if you have more kids than parents. You might have a baby that wants to be held, a toddler that wants to run around everywhere, and an older kid that wants to ride all the rides. Having more adults is going to always be nice. Grandparents and aunts and uncles are going to help. You are going to be able to set up different groups that will go to different places.
- Part of grandparents’ job description is to spoil their grandchildren. Parents might not want to do all the souvenirs and all that. Grandparents can help do all those special things. And who knows. The grandparents might spoil the parents as well.
- But what do all children want more than anything? Time with their parents and grandparents, making those special memories. Think about taking your child on their first roller coaster or getting the girls’ hair done.
- Taking the whole family, you may have people who have special needs for their rooms, or you may have people who are on diets or things like that. Disney has excellent customer service, and will be able to handle everything for you.
Today we are going to go over some basic tips when it comes to traveling with a disabled person.
When you do things with a disabled person, one of the things that you will learn quickly is that disabled people usually need to do a bit more planning when it comes to doing just about anything. Do you want to go see what’s at the top of that hill? How are you going to get your disabled friend up there with you? Do you want to run grab something to eat? Is your disabled friend going to go with you, or are you going to get the food and bring it back to so you can share?
- Anyway, here are some things you might want to consider before you travel with a disabled people. First, driving can wear anyone out, but it is probably even more true for those of us who are disabled. You will want to talk to your friend about this before you plan any trips together.
- Are you going to need special things when it comes to the the places you might stay? Are they going to need a special bed? Will they need a special place to plug in their power chair? Are they on any special diet that you’ll need to take into consideration?
- You will also need to consider their stamina. You may be excited about a place you are going, and want to spend all your waking hours out there exploring. That might be harder on your friend than you might realize. They might need sometime to chill out in the room, watching a movie or something like that.
Everything is more difficult when you or someone you love has special needs. Trust me, I know. A family has to consider the needs of the disabled person all the time. We don’t get to take breaks from this. I would love it if we could. Sadly a lot of families who have a disabled person do not feel like they can take trips. And while part of me can understand that feeling, these families need breaks too, maybe even moreso than other families.. On Wednesday we were talking mostly about mobility issues, today we are going to focus on the Autism Spectrum.
- My first tip is to be wise where you go on vacation and how you get there. For one thing, a lot of autistic people have sensory issue. A lot of people who have no issues can get overwhelmed at airports or those amusement parks. Those are probably places you will want to avoid. Do your research.
- You do not want to book your hotel, only to find out you have gotten the noisiest room at hotel. Talk to the hotel people about what you are going to need. Better yet, talk to me about what you will need, and I can do the research for you.
- If you do feel like your child can handle an amusement park, talk to them about it. Tell them what you will be doing. You might want to do things like practicing standing in line and waiting on your turn.
- And be sure to let them know what your schedule is going to be. Write it down and explain each part to them. Or if they are really little, draw pictures so they will understand.
Are people starting to think about their summer vacations? Part of me kind of doubts that considering how many people do not really take vacations anymore. But maybe you are thinking about planning a summer vacation while you take your spring break. If that is you, I would love to help you plan something. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Today we are going to take a look at some cruises you might want to consider.
- Some of the most popular cruises are to the Caribbean. With these you are going to find your typical fun in the sun vacation. Norwegian Cruise Line does an excellent job with these. You are going to get to see several different destinations, including Norwegian’s own Harvest Caye. You will be gone a week on this cruise.
- Is that too long a cruise for you? Norwegian also does a four day cruise which will take you to Cuba and the Bahamas. There are quite a few of these sailings will take place this summer.
- Have you always dreamed of touring Alaska? Consider going on a Holland America cruise. And yes, this is one of the nicer cruise lines. But you are going to still be able to get a cruise for one person for under a thousand dollars. And remember, nicer cruises are going to get you more for your money.
A study was done that shows that one in four American adults have some sort of disability, be it physical or mental. And yes, I said disabled, and not differently abled. I am disabled, trust me, there is plenty that I can’t do day to day. There is no way I can hide my disability., I’m basically unable to do anything for myself. Please let me know about your disability up front, this is only going to help me be more of a help you better. I’m not going to talk about it to everyone I know. I just want to help you better. How is knowing you are disabled going to enable me to help you better? Let’s look some examples.
First, how are you going to get from the airport to your hotel? A lot of people take a taxi or bus. Could you get your wheelchair in one of those? A lot of hotels have vans that will transport their guests. But what if yours doesn’t? I can help you arrange for the transportation that you need.
I have flown, and have had no problems. The airlines that I have traveled with have been amazing. But I know that other disabled people have gone through nightmares. They’ve had medical equipment lost or damaged. And some people just do not want to mess with flying at all.
The good news is that traveling with a disability is getting easier. Hotels have more accessible rooms. More of the sites most of us want to visit are becoming more accessible to all of us.