Let’s keep looking at some things you might want to do when you are planning your honeymoon.
- This is probably a time you should consider using a travel agent. This is a special trip, hopefully a once in a lifetime trip. You are going to want to make everything as nice as you possibly can. Travel agents know how to get the best deals for you. They will also know how to get the perks. Let a travel agent plan it, and that is one less thing That you will need to worry about.
- I said yesterday that you should talk about what you want to do on this special trip. That doesn’t mean that some surprises along the way wouldn’t be nice. You may wants to plan surprise massages, candlelit dinner, or breakfast in bed. Those type thing can be pretty romantic.
- This is a special trip, and one that most couples want to splurge on. You may want to set up a honeymoon registry. A honeymoon is a to make those special memories.
Your honeymoon may be trip you’ve dreamed of most of your life. This is an important trip, a trip where you and your new husband will be getting to know each other on a whole new level. Today let’s look at some ways to make sure it’s wonderful.
- You are going to want to decide where you want to go on your special trip as a couple. [If you’re a man that’s thinking of surprising your bride, please make sure to discuss her honeymoon dreams before you start your planning. You don’t want to plan something that is totally going to disappoint her, dowhen, do you?]
- What are some things you enjoy doing together as a couple? Does food and its preparation fascinate you? Do you like taking adventures together? Are you trying to do something luxurious? Is there a place that you’ve dreamed of going together? It is probably best if you start planning this trip soon after you agree to get married.
- Booking trips well in advance is One way to save a good bit of money. If you decide to get married, or put off your honeymoon, until early spring or any time in the fall, you are going to save even more.
- You are going to want some down time for sure. Weddings can get pretty stressful, especially if you are the one doing all the planning. The two of you may want to take time just to be together after the flurry of activity. Keep that in mind as you’re doing your planning of things you’ll want to do.
I have said over and over that anything might happen while you are on vacation. And obviously, the same can be said for life. When I talk about families, I am usually thinking of a husband and wife and their children. But everyone knows parents who are on their own because of a divorce. My family knows a woman whose husband was killed. She and her young daughter do a lot of traveling together. This post is for single parents.
- You are going to want to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row. Know where you are going to be staying. Does your hotel or resort have a shuttle from the airport? If not, you are going to want to figure that out before you leave.
- No one has to tell you that parenting is a full time job. You are going to want sometime with your children to be sure, but you are also going to want some down time too. That is what vacation is for, you know.
- If you don’t go somewhere that has childcare provided, you might want to consider taking a teen that might help you. Find one with a funny disposition, so that they won’t bring you down. Or you could consider bringing one of your adult friends to help you. And you can take turns watching your children.
If you and your family are still looking for that perfect summer vacation, you might want to consider cruising with Disney. From what I hear, these are top notch cruises, where you’ll be pampered your entire cruise. Now I have to say up front that cruising with Disney is going to cost more than a cruise with Carnival or Norwegian, but you are going to get a lot more bang for your buck. Let’s take a look.
And no, there is no such thing as a discounted Disney Cruise. Cruises give discounts when they are not getting enough passengers, and Disney never has that problem.
You are going to want to take one of these cruises while your children are between the ages of five and twelve, or when they’re crazy about Disney and their movies. Disney loves children. From the moment you step on board, your children will be greeted by Disney characters. Characters go on all of the ships. If I am remembering right, the story is that characters live at either Disney World or Disneyland, but they go on vacation, like you are, for cruises and such.
- They do have childcare for children under age three. You will be paying extra for children under three, please be aware of that. The nursery is staffed by well trained professionals. You are going to get reports on how your child did each day.
- When your child is three, you will be able to check on your child and how he is doing in the nursery by your cruise phone.
- Every person who works on one of these cruises is going to love kids. You’ll see it when you go to eat. You’ll see it when your room is being cleaned.
A lot of young people today don’t seem to like just going to the beach and laying around for seven days, especially if that’s what you do year after year. Most like exploring new places. Let’s look at some more destinations you might want to consider.
- Have you ever been to Rome? Maybe your family loves learning more about history. You can visit some of the coliseums, and maybe even the catacombs. If you are going to this city, you will also want to see the Vatican. You will also love their food.
- Is anyone among your party taken with the stars, as in Hollywood stars? Consider going to Los Angeles. Here is where you can see iconic places like Sunset Boulevard. For those that love the latest fashions, there is a lot of shopping you can do. And who knows, you might get to meet some of the stars themselves.
- Is your family maybe from Ireland? Ancestry travel is big these days. From everything I hear, Ireland is one of the greenest places you’ll ever see. You will also find a lot of great pubs.
- Did you know that there are more bars per capita in Madrid than in any other European city. There will be historic sites to explore. You will also find a lot of art.
- Go to San Francisco if you and your family would like to ride the cable cars, and see their Chinatown. They also have some interesting art you may want to see. And don’t forget to indulge in their seafood.
Maybe you are a young mother. You and your husband have two small children, and you want to know where your peers are going on vacation. Or maybe you have college students in your family that you would like to take on vacation. You are just unsure of where they might like to go. Today we are going to take a look at some destinations you just might like.
- With everyone crazy about Meghan Markle and her marriage to Prince Harry, what young person wouldn’t want to go to London? Most everyone would probably like to visit the palace. You are also going to get a taste of many different cultures here. This city also has a lot of free museums you might want to explore.
- Or maybe you would like to go to Paris. This is another city that will have a lot of fine art. You will want to take selfies at the famous Eifle Tower, if for no other reason than that every other young person does that. You will probably also find some nice vineyards to explore. And don’t forget to enjoy their many cafes.
- And what young person wouldn’t want to go to the Big Apple? Most would love to take in at least one Broadway show. You may also want to greet Lady Liberty. Times Square offers a lot in the way of shopping. And you will want to try real New York pizza.
Women are doing more and more traveling on their own. They might not have found their special someone yet. Or maybe they’re at a place in life where they can leave families for short periods of time. They may have some place they have always wanted to see. Or they might need to go somewhere on business.
- This may be a thing of the past since most everyone now has GPS, or maybe it isn’t such a thing of the past, but do you remember getting lost? If this is something that gives you trouble, take notes as you go. Remind yourself of landmarks along the way.
- When traveling by yourself, you might be wise to stay in one of the larger hotels in the middle of the city. This will make you less conspicuous. It may also help you make some friends while you are on your trip.
- Getting a nicer place may also cause you less worry when it comes to knowing what to do about dinner. It is probably best to do your traveling during the day while it is light outside. Having a restaurant, or more than one to choose from, is going to really help you. Some hotels are also going to have entertainment in the evenings.
We’re talking tips on how women should keep safe when they are traveling on their own. We started this discussion yesterday and are going to continue it today. So let’s get started.
- You may want to consider checking with the consolate once you get to where you are going. It just helps for them to know you are there in case there are any emergencies where you are visiting, or if anything should happen and they should need to contact your family for any reason.
- Making sure you have access to a cell phone is always a good idea. You will want to check with your service provider to see what is available. An alternative would be to go to buy one of those cheap flip phones. Have a phone with you at all times.
- Having cash on you is pretty much a must when you are traveling out of the country. So as a woman traveling alone, you will want to have a money belt. Or, keep your money somewhere like on your body. For example, my Mom carries her money in her bra. And if you find yourself needing to go to an ATM, please do so in broad daylight.
We’re keeping my little nephew, and I know that this makes a lot of extra work for Mom. And she has asked me a time or two if having him makes me think of the times when we had all of my siblings home. I guess that in a way it does. But in a lot of ways it is different too.
I had not turned two when my first sister came. But I was nine and she was seven when our next brother came. We were thrilled that Mom was having a baby. Most of our church friends had bigger families, at least four children, and several families we knew had their own four and then were starting to adopt. I loved becoming more and more like other families.
My sister that was next to me was a big help to Mom. And Mom would teach the little ones to do little chores around the house, things like putting the silverware away from the time they were very young. I’m guessing that they were around two.
My sister and I were In public school for a couple of years after the other children started coming along. And we were in school at home for about two years before Mom started doing school with them. Eventually my sister and I would do most of our schoolwork together.
I think the littler kids played outside a lot more than I did. I loved to read even then. But I would sometimes go watch everyone play. Or my sister would take me on walks. When my parents went out to evening meetings or on dates, that was the time we would get to watch movies. Usually we’d watch some cartoons and then something we older kids liked better.
Women are getting out and doing more and more traveling on their own. While it is true that a lot of women are waiting until later in life to get married and start them families, other women are finding the freedom to take breaks from the families they love in order to pursue travel. Let’s take a look at some precautions that we, as women, may want to take into consideration..
- It is always wise to learn about any destination you’re thinking about traveling to. Learn about its history and culture. In some countries, it is looked down on for women to leave their homes without their husbands. You will also want to learn about their food so that you will know what to expect.
- Part of your research should probably be to join some discussion boards, and talk to other women travelers, and talk to them about the places you may want to go. Ask them about what they liked and didn’t like. Ask them about the places they felt especially unsafe?. Ask them about favorite places.
- Since you’re going to be traveling on your own, it might be wise to pack as lightly as you can. You are not going to have anyone to help you to carry anything. You will also probably not want to carry around expensive bags or phones or anything like that. Doing this will help protect you from pickpockets. If you want to bring something like a laptop, you’ll probably do best to leave it in your hotel room.