We are in the middle of summer, and a lot of you are likely to hit the beach before fall begins. So today let’s look at some tips that should help your fellow beachgoers appreciate you more.
- People watching is a pasttime many people enjoy. But while it may be fun, don’t set up shop right beside, or worse, in front of someone you don’t know. People go to the beach to enjoy the water and sand, not to become your new best friend. Besides, beaches have plenty of room for everyone.
- Leave plenty of room between you and your group and the the next group. Listening to music is fun while you’re at the beach. But the people around you might not like the same music you do. And people don’t especially want to hear your conversations. Try to keep the volume pretty low on everything you do.
- If you want to be sure to get the best spot on the water, get there early. Or at least try to have someone in your group who likes to get up early go down and secure a spot. If you didn’t do that, just make sure to get a space that is big enough for your group.
- Going to the beach with little ones can be quite challenging in and of itself, but when you do, make sure to give you and your group even more space. A stranger might not like waking up to your baby covered with peanut butter and jelly wanting to meet them.
- And do not shake your blankets out near other people. Do that near the water. And remember to take trash, besides leftover food, back inside with you.