We are going to look at some more tips to for traveling to Europe.
- You know it’s not the best idea to leave everything to chance even when you are just taking a road trip around the States. What if you can’t find a hotel when you’re ready to rest? In Europe, you are going to find more barriers because of the language differences. And besides, you are going to be fighting against jetlag. Booking your hotels beforehand will also help you get the best prices.
- You are going to Europe because want to see different things, and that means you are going to be doing a lot of walking. And that means that you will want to bring some nice, comfortable walking shoes. Don’t leave home without them.
- And speaking of the long walks, be careful about how much luggage you bring. They do have places where you can wash clothes.. Bring something you know you’ll be able to carry a while.
- I know that there are many different places that you might want to go. But it is wise to stay in one place for a while. This will enable you to get a good feel for the place.. It will also let you make friends.
- Of course you will want to see the well known sites. Those are the places everyone will ask about once you return home. And those are the best places to take pictures to give everyone back home #fomo. But you will also want to ask the locals where their favorite places are.
A lot of people dream of traveling to Europe, but to most people somehow the idea of actually doing it seems overwhelming. Let’s look at some tips that might make you see how doable this trip is.
- First, I know that you’ve heard that of people who backpack across Europe. That makes it seem like they just go, doing absolutely no planning. That’s usually not the best course of action, doing some planning will help you make the most of your special trip.
- The first thing that you’ll need to know is what papers are you going to need to get into the countries you want to see. You are going to need your passport, that’s a given. But will you need a visa as well? Usually you aren’t going to need a visa if you’re planning quick trips to the different countries. A quick search online should tell you everything you need to know.
- Traveling during the summer is not the best idea, because that is what everyone else wants to do. Besides, a lot of the great shops and restaurants are going to close so that the owners can take a break. Going on the off season is a much more pleasant experience.
- There are several budget airlines which fly Europe. Looking into those is your best bet. You are going to want to make sure to look at not only the price, but also the hidden fees to ensure that you get the best deal.
We are in the middle of summer, and a lot of you are likely to hit the beach before fall begins. So today let’s look at some tips that should help your fellow beachgoers appreciate you more.
- People watching is a pasttime many people enjoy. But while it may be fun, don’t set up shop right beside, or worse, in front of someone you don’t know. People go to the beach to enjoy the water and sand, not to become your new best friend. Besides, beaches have plenty of room for everyone.
- Leave plenty of room between you and your group and the the next group. Listening to music is fun while you’re at the beach. But the people around you might not like the same music you do. And people don’t especially want to hear your conversations. Try to keep the volume pretty low on everything you do.
- If you want to be sure to get the best spot on the water, get there early. Or at least try to have someone in your group who likes to get up early go down and secure a spot. If you didn’t do that, just make sure to get a space that is big enough for your group.
- Going to the beach with little ones can be quite challenging in and of itself, but when you do, make sure to give you and your group even more space. A stranger might not like waking up to your baby covered with peanut butter and jelly wanting to meet them.
- And do not shake your blankets out near other people. Do that near the water. And remember to take trash, besides leftover food, back inside with you.
Do you have a group of friends you just love hanging out with? Maybe your group has decided that it would be incredible if you guys took a trip together. Trips with friends can be a lot of great fun, or they might make you want to never to see each other ever again. Here are some tips that will hopefully make your trip great.
- First, where does everyone want to go? It will really help if you only discuss where you want to do, but also discuss what you want to do. Do some people want to see a beautiful country, and other people just want a place to party? That might not be the best mix. Discuss how much time you want to spend together? Knowing this kind of thing up front can help avoid a lot of hurt feelings and fights.
- You will also want to discuss how you want to travel. Do you like staying in hostels, hotels, or resorts best? Do you like planning everything out, or would you prefer living in the moment?
- Do you want to be sure to do every single thing together? Or do you want to split up and get back together each evening? This second approach makes for some lively dinner conversation.
- Go with the flow. If everyone decides to do something, and you don’t necessarily want to do it, but they really want you to come, go and enjoy your friends. Learn to laugh when things go wrong. Don’t sweat the little things. Enjoy being together. That’s the most important thing.
In the old days, eating on a cruise was pretty simple. You would be put at a table, and you would eat with the same group of people three times a day. You would usually be given a choice between early or late dining. And you might get some kind of afternoon snack. But boy, has cruise dining changed over the years. Let’s look at some of what’s available today.
- Nearly all cruise ships are going to have a main dining room where you and your family can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most cruiselines have done away with assigned tables, and you should be able to be pretty much eat any time you would like. And did I mention that you would have to dress for each meal? They’ve done away with that as well.
- You will also have less formal dining options. You will usually have some kind of buffet, and that will typically be opened twenty-four hours a day. Ships are also going to have places where you can get pizza or hamburgers.
- Most of the rooms are pretty small, and I think most people would prefer to be out with the other people. But maybe you want to relax in front of a movie. Or maybe you want a quiet evening with your spouse. Most cruiselines have room service at no additional charge. Though some river cruises are not going to have this option at all.
- And then there are specialty restaurants. These restaurants often offer superior food and a higher class of service.
Most of us go to hotels to unwind and relax. But we should be mindful of the fact that everyone else is there to relax as as well. Here are some other things that you will want to keep in mind.
- Watch your children to make sure they don’t do anything crazy. If they’re under ten, you will probably want to be with them at all times. Over ten, you may want to set some ground rules and see how they do on their own. If you have more than one, one will usually tell on the others. You don’t want your kids to be the ones that no one wants to be around, do you?
- Are you going to be staying there a week? Go on and use their shampoo. Don’t pack every bottle away in your luggage. And yes, I know you’re on vacation and relax on the dieting, but it is best the not to get to go hog wild. Don’t stuff yourself on the free breakfasts. And eat only one or two cookies each day.
- Be kind to the other people at the hotel, and that includes your fellow guests as well as the staff. You don’t want to make life difficult for those that are serving you, do you? And relax, get to know your fellow guests, it will be good for you. And give grace when something goes wrong, no one can be perfect all the time.
- Be kind not only to the people, but also to the furniture. It certainly gets well used. If something breaks, please let someone know.
- And make sure to go over checkout the night before just to know that you do not forget anything.
Unless you travel all of the time as part of your job, staying in a hotel can be a lot of fun. But today we are going to look at some hotel etiquette. First, please remember to take some cash.
- Yes, I know that a lot of people don’t carry cash anymore. But these hotel workers truly rely on your tips. Please reward them when they do well.
- And I know that having someone that will clean up after you is part of the fun. But that does not mean that you get to be total slob. Take two minutes to clean up any time you leave your room. And please, take care of the messes you would be embarrassed for anyone to see.
- Hotels are first and foremost for people to sleep. Please be careful when you are out in the halls especially. Be reasonable at how loud your tv is.
- Your children may be super excited to be on vacation, and may love not having to be in bed at their normal times. They may love doing night swims. However, again, they need to be quieter in the halls and places like that.
Okay, you’ve made a decision, you are going to take sometime off from work and are going to take your family on vacation. Now that you have made that decision, you need to decide where you are going. Today let’s look at some more ideas for you.
- I have heard nothing but good things about San Diego. You are going to find lots of beautiful beaches in this city. They also have a fantastic zoo, they have SeaWorld and museums that you might like. Adults might want to put their children down and enjoy some of their nightlife.
- Are you looking for a city that has lots to do? You might want to try Orlando. If your family loves theme parks, this is the place to go. They also have a great downtown with shopping and museums that you might enjoy.
- Orlando might be the theme park capital, but Wisconsin Dells is the place to go for water parks. You are probably thinking the same thing I did. Wisconsin has water parks, isn’t it a little cold up there for that? They are indoor water parks. You will also enjoy their live entertainment and delicious food.
- Another place active families will love is Moab, Utah. This is an incredible place to go mountain biking or hiking. Would you like to go up in a hot sky balloon? This is a great place to do that as well.
- Portland, Oregon is another fantastic destination for families. They have a great amusement park, they also have a zoo and some museums.
Have you taken your vacation yet? I haven’t, But I do have some plans coming up in August, and I’m looking forward to taking sometime off then. If you are still deciding where you want to go for your vacation this summer, here are some ideas for you.
- Asheville is one of the trendiest destinations around. Beer lovers are going to be fascinated by the city’s breweries. There is a lot of art to be discovered in this city, most of it is modern as opposed to classic. It is nestled in the mountains of North Carolina, which makes it an excellent place to hike. And this is a great place to find farm to table restaurants.
- Are you wanting a a fun in the sun vacation? You might want to try Fort Lauderdale, Florida. They have some great deals on their hotels. They also have some deals on things you can do there. Read a cheap flight and you’re all set to go.
- Does your family just love the great outdoors? You might want to try to go to Yellowstone National Park. You will be able to hike, bike, climb. September is a great time to go since most everyone else will be gone.
Let’s look at some more ways you can save on a Caribbean vacation.
- Okay, so say you do decide to go to a resort instead of booking a cruise. Flying is the only way you are going to be able to get there. And this is the time to use those airline miles. Do you know anyone that flies a lot for their job?
- Are you not flush in airline mile? Try signing up for a credit card that gives miles away. Often you will receive a lot of bonuses just to for signing up.
- Often when asked about the best airline for families, people will say Southwest is the best. They’re great when it comes to rebooking or even canceling flights. And they are going to let you bring not one but two checked bags.
- More often than not, you are going to find that renting a condo is going to be less expensive and more convenient than a hotel. Everyone is likely to have their own space. You are going to have a kitchen if that is something that appeals to you.
- Some resorts will have full kitchens in them as well. I’m kind of wondering why that is, since a lot of resorts are all inclusive anyway. I guess it’s up to you, do you want to do things yourselves, or do you want to be pampered?