If you are going on your very first cruise and are so excited, you may want to print out some of these posts I’ve been writing for future reference.
- Able bodied people are usually going to find cruise else to be a waste of time. You are unlikely to find the elevator ready and waiting for you. And do you really want to be one of those people waiting for it when you are going to be around people who actually need it?
- really want to go hang by the pool the first day onboard, and then not go again the rest of your time because you’ve gotten sunburned? Please bring your favorite sunscreen and make sure to apply it before you leave your room for the day. And take it with you for when you are at the pool or other outdoor activities.
- You can actually get your teeth whitened on some ship. I would highly discourage you from doing that though. Sometimes having that done on these ships could greatly reduce the pleasure of eating. And who wants to not enjoy eating while you are on a cruise?
- Cruises are a great way to make new friends. Unless you are on your honeymoon or something like that, chat with other people while you are eating, or hanging out by the pool, or waiting in lines. You may be surprised at how much you have in common with some of these people.
- And this might have belonged at the very top of our list, but please bring a good attitude. You should be having the time of your life, eating incredible food and having awesome adventures. And the people serving you are often away from their families for months at a time. Be grateful and try to make life easier for them.