I’m not feeling well at all. Don’t know what I’m doing tomorrow. And Monday we need to do something with internet stuff a I think I am going to lay pretty low the next couple of weeks. I will see you in the new year.
Monthly Archives: December 2019
Party like it’s 2020
Is it just me, or does it feel like we just celebrated coming into 2000, y2k and all of that. How can it be truly be twenty years later? But anyway, it is, and if you are looking for a place to party, here are some suggestions.
- Are you looking for a place to celebrate that should have snow, just in case you don’t get your white Christmas? You might want to try Portland, Oregon. There will also be lots of entertainment, and of course, great food to be had.
- Cincinnati doesn’t stand out in one particular area. But they should have several different entertainment options for you, as well as some good food. And it’s also fairly inexpensive to get to.
- Austin, Texas is another place that is recommended. This place is known as the Live Music Capital of the World. And it is also known to be a great place for foodies.
- Or you might just be looking for a place that is easy to get to and affordable. If that’s you, look no further than Scottdale, Arizona. This is an up and coming destination. There will be dinners and parties you can go to.
When to travel for the holidays
With Christmas and Hanukah right around the same time, it is going to make holiday travel even more difficult since that is when everybody and his brother wants to be gone. And this is true whether you are traveling by car or airplane.
They are saying that the perfect day to travel would be December twenty-fourth, Christmas Eve. By this time, most everyone else should be at their preferred destination, and travel ways should be clear.
The day after Christmas, the twenty-sixth, is thought to be worst day to travel. Many people will want to return home to work. Others may be traveling to see other family.
More inexpensive places to visit
Let’s keep looking at some more inexpensive places you may want to consider visiting.
- I was kind of surprised to read this on a list of inexpensive city, but they are talking about going to in the shoulder seasons, and that is April to May and September to October. The city I’m talking about is Denver, Colorado And there is lots to do that this city.
- You may also want to go to the Ukraine. Yes, I’m talking about Europe here. Eastern Europe is going to be a lot less expensive than Western. And you are going to fa lot of unique things to do
- Romania is not only affordable, it also has many scenic destinations for you to explore. They have castles you can visit. You will want to visit their capital city of Bucharest.
- Are you into history,, or maybe culture is your thing? Or maybe you are into adventure sports? Armenia has all three of these. You may want to look into this more?
Inexpensive places to go
You know you to go out and see the world, you just don’t want to break the bank doing. Here are some places you might want to consider.
- The first place we are going to look at today is San Antonio, Texas. Here they have a number of family friendly attractions that will not break your budget. Those that love history will love Alamo City. And for those that are just looking for fun, there is always Six Flags.
- You might also want to try Atlanta. This is especially true if you are looking for night life. I know they also have a lot of museum and a wonderful zoo. And sometimes you can get a good deals on those city passes. And don’forget, they’re home to a great airport.
- Kansas City, Missouri has something for everyone. They have parks and museums. They also have several breweries. They will also have a lot of family friendly festivals.
- Visiting the Grand Canyon can be quite inexpensive, depending on what you do. This is in Arizona for those that do not know.
More Christmas cities
It is Saturday, and I must confess that I’ve been messing around some. And that is kind of silly, because what I want to do is to finish everything I need to do, and then I will feel like I can do whatever I feel like. Let’s get back to our discussion.
- Even if you have never stepped foot into Stockbridge, Massachusetts some scenes should look quite familiar. Why you may ask? Because this is the inspiration for a lot of Norman Rockwell’s work. They have a museum of his work. The town will also be decorated.
- Michigan has a city named Christmas, no joke. The article that I have been reading doesn’t give away too many details about this city. I would imagine that they very likely to have snow there. And they do have a thirty foot Santa.
And more places you should consider
I would love to know what you are doing for Christmas. I always love hearing from you. Leave me a comment or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m sure when most people think of New Orleans, they think of Mardis Gras which is a couple of months away. But actually, Christmas is another great time to go to this fair city. They have many unique traditions like bonfires on the levee. You will also enjoy their food and drink.
- Kennebunkport, Maine might have the best party around. This includes a fantastic Christmas tree lighting, caroling, and a holiday hat parade. And Santa arrives by lobster boat.
- Baltimore has a Christmas village that locals and tourists alike are coming to love. You will feel like you are in Germany here. They also have a great ice skating rink.
More cities to consider
I think this might be obvious but we’re looking at the most Christmasy city in each of our fifty states. We will see if I make through all fifty.
- I had to read this a couple of times, but apparently Iowa has a town called Wyoming They set up what they call a “Christmas city ” in their town. They have done this for ninety years.
- Do you want to go where they have lots going on? You will want to get to Wichita, Kansas. There will be concerts, performances of the Nutcracker, and festive showings of movies.
- Another city that has a lot going on during this time of year is Louisville, Kentucky. You could go to a musical performance of Elf. They will have underground lights. Stop by Paristown to see their new Christmas village
And even more places you should go for Christmas
I know that a lot of you may already have your plans for this Christmas all set up. But there is always next year to think about. Let’s look at some more interesting places.
- Sometimes you do not want to do the same old traditional thing for Christmas You want to do something different, something you’ll remember for the rest of your life. If this sounds like you, you may want to consider going to Honolulu. Santa arrives in a canoe for one thing. You will also want to take part in their scavenger hunt.
- Boise, Idaho does it up for Christmas. Each year they bring “Christmas in the city” to their downtown. They will have a winter market here. They will also have holiday concerts and even have a performance of the Nutcracker.
- There is a lot of fun, Christmasy things to do in Chicago. For starters, I hear that they have an excellent Christmas market. You will also be able to go Christmas caroling. They will also have ice skating and lots of lights.
- Indiana actually has a town named Santa Claus, but it is much more than just name. The town has a three week celebration. Children can write Santa a letter. They will also have lots of lights and a candlelight walk.
More places you should go for Christmas
We are going to look at some more places you should go for Christmas.
- In Delaware, you will want to go to Lewes. They have an an excellent parade, though this doesn’t quite say when it is. outside the city is where the fun really is. Here you will find a Christmas village There is also an ice skating rink.
- Now where do you think I would to send you if you wanted to have Christmas in Florida? With the mouse, of course. Disney always guarantees you a grand time. You will be able to explore different holiday traditions from around the world at Epcot. They will also have their share of Christmas parties.
- If you live in Georgia and don’t want to go too far away, you may want to look into the town of Helen. You are most like to get snow if you are up in the mountains. You will find a nice Christmas market here.