Everyone wants to make the most of their vacation. Most people do not take enough vacation days as it is. But right now when everyone is being told to stay home, everyone is probably dreaming of vacation. Today we are going to be looking at some Midwest destinations that you might want to explore.
- And the first one we are going to look at is Indianapolis, Indiana. There is more to do here than just go to that Speedway. It may be pretty obvious if you read this blog, but I’ve never been into sports at all. There are several nice museums there, including one dedicated to the sport. My aunt used to live near Indianapolis, and I know they used to have a fantastic children’s museum.
- You might also want to try Cleveland, Ohio. Yes, this is a pretty big city, but it is also a beautiful place. Lake Eerie is a great place to practice your favorite water sport. They have a national park where you can enjoy a lot of outdoor activities.
- Do you want to just chill out at a beach somewhere? Check out Indiana Dunes County. This is just an hour outside of Chicago, so you might want to do a few city days and a few city days. At this beach you can enjoy the water any way you like.
- Duluth, Minnesota has several great state parks. You will see beautiful waterfalls. It is also a great place to go mountain biking
We have a couple of month before this takes place, I know.. But I think my July is going to be pretty full, of vacations and times spent with some of my favorite people. I’m excited.
Sometimes I’m not sure what I want to write about on this blog. I have some sites that I go to for inspiration, and what caught my eye was an article about Denver, Colorado.
- You will want to be sure to visit their downtown. To get the vibe, think Wild West meets urban chic. You are going to find a mix of different shops you can browse through. You can usually find some kind of concert, some are free and others are not. You will also find some great places to eat here.
- You will not be disappointed if you visit their aquarium. Here you will be able to see both saltwater and freshwater animals. Some of them you will actually be able to touch, including some stingrays.
- Although you will not have to go anywhere special to see beautiful places in Denver, all you’ve need to do to is to look outside your hotel, you might want to go to their botanical gardens. Parts of a movie were filmed here. Summer concerts are also held here.
- Denver also has several museums you and your family can take in together. They have a museum where you can explore nature of science. They have an IMAX theater where you can discover even more about science. They also have art museums.
- Sports fans will also want to visit the Colorado Rockies at their Coors Field. This is a fairly new park which you should enjoy.
- Are you looking for some wet and wild fun? You will want to visit Water World. They have roughly 70 acres where you will enjoy slides and rides for all ages and interests. Everyone is going to love their lazy river.
Okay, you know that I love Disney. I love most of their movies, I love watching my little nieces go on and on about Disney princesses. I also love what I read about how Disney treats their guests. Today we are going to look at some things you are going to enjoy about cruise ship Fantasy. I hear that Disney cruises in general are wonderful. Everyone wants to go on one, and Disney never has any problems filling their ships. But like I said earlier, today we are going to specifically look at the Disney Fantasy.
- First, every Disney cruise has a pirate night. Please participate. You will be sorry if you don’t. They have one kid party, and one party that is just for adults if that is something that bothers you for whatever reason. Don’t be shy, nearly everyone everyone dresses up on this evening.
- Disney has a place for every age group to enjoy getting wet. Nemo’s Reef splash pad is for babies and toddlers. Younger children will enjoy Mickey’s Pool with its gentle slide. Donad’s Pool is pretty much for everyone who enjoys swimming and watching movies at the same time. [Sorry, I know we went through this just yesterday.]
- Do look at the art on the walls. Some of it is actually animated. [It’s Disney, go figure.] And there are games you can play with this art. You may want to try one of these games if the weather gets bad at some point. Okay, yes, we know that Disney cruises are on the pricey side, shall we say? But Disney’s inside rooms are more spacious than most. All sleep three to four comfortably. And Disney lets even those who are on the inside look outside with Magical Portholes. And all cabins come with showers and tubs, tubs being a rare find on a cruise ship.
It is amazing how much better I feel about everything after a nice day off. Anyway, let’s get back to our discussion about which ships have lots for you to do on board.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Disney’s Fantasy. Everyone who reads this blog knows how much I like Disney and how family friendly they are. We’re starting by talking about their AquaDuck which is on their upper deck. What is it, you ask? This is a tubular water coaster. I think that this is for somewhat older kids, but probably not for teens either. Their Mickey Pool has its own water slide. At their Donald Pool, you can watch movies while you are swimming. They have adult pools too, and one is called Quiet Cove. They do have a sports court as well. Be on guard, ha ha, anywhere on this ship you might run into Disney characters. You might want to keep a little notebook to get those autographs. Disney has some of the biggest and best kids’ clubs, knowing that children and parents don’t want to spend all of their time together. You will also never go hungry on this ship. They have everything from all day buffets to sit down restaurants.
- And now let’s take a look at the Queen Mary 2. This is a ship that goes back and forth across the Atlantic more than anything, so you should have plenty of sea days. They will have several pools you will be choosing from. You will have access to sports courts and walking tracks. You will always have interesting people to meet, as well as classes you can take to learn about any number of things. They also have a great salon and spa. They have several dining options you can choose from.
It is Saturday, and I just want to get through everything I need to do. Today we are going to keep talking about cruise ships that have a lot to do on board. We will be looking at just one.
And that is Royal Caribbean. The ship we are going to be discussing is their Harmony of the Seas. They challenge anyone to be bored while they are on board. This ship has different neighborhoods, each having a different theme. They have a “Pool and Sports Zone”. You will find several pools here, of course. One of them is set up to play basketball. They also have fun things little ones to get wet in and on. They also have a water park the family will love. The ship also has places where you can shop and get all kinds of nice things to eat. You will find something like both an indoor and outdoor mall.
These days most cruise are going to give you plenty of different activities you can do while you are on board. They do not want anyone getting bored. You may find that you are uninterested in going on any of the shore excursions because you’re having too much fun on the the ship. If that sounds good to you, let’s take a look at some ships that might be good for you to check out.
- And the first one we are going to look at today is Norwegian’s Escape. Adventure lovers are going to love the rock climbing walls, and their Aqua Racer, [you will be racing in inner tubes]. They also have a great water park. There is one water park for the littlest people, and another one for the bigger people. They have several pool/hot tub combos you can enjoy. They have at least one indoor pool, and you will also find a great spa. And of course they will have great evening entertainment as well.
- Or you might want to try Carnival Vista. They have an outdoor workout and sports center which most everyone will love. Here they will have mini golf, basketball, bowling, and lots of other games. They have three pools for you to enjoy. They have an IMAX theater and also live shows you can enjoy.
I think everyone is starting to think about what you want to do once everything opens up again. Does your planning include travel? Well, let’s look at some more ideas.
- Today we are going to start with Cocoa Beach, Florida? Did you know that this is the surfing capital on the East Coast? This is a great place to learn to surf.
- Or you might want to explore the Florida Keys.. They now have an all inclusive resort that is quite nice. Visitors will feel like they stepped into paradise without leaving the country.
- I’ve heard that Playa del Carmen is absolutely beautiful. They also have some great resorts down there. You will love their beaches. And most places will love their food as well.
- Do you want to be able to say that you’ve eaten at the most expensive restaurant in the world? You will want to go to Ibiza, Spain, and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. their Sublimotion is the place that you will want to eat. Your meal is going to take you three hours to enjoy.
Where do you plan to go once we are free to go anywhere we want? Today we are going to look at some ideas for you.
- And the first one we are going to look at is Cape Lookout National Park.. If your family loves the beach and horses, you will want to check this place out. This place is also known for being somewhere you can get great shells. You will only be able to get here by boat.
- Or does your family love watching the antics of dolphins? You will want to go to Bluffton, South Carolina and go to Montego Palmetto Bluff. This is also a a great place to go kayaking. You might even get a up close and personal visit with a dolphin.
- We were looking at this beautiful part of the country on this blog sometime last week, but Gatlinburg and that area is beautiful any time you
- go. You will find a lot of places to hike or go tubing. It is also a great place to camp. Or maybe you want to go somewhere far away and live the jungle life. You will want to go to Costa Rica. They have a lot of great resorts that you can enjoy.
If you’ve been on a busiest cruise, you know that cruise cabins can be awful small. Some nearly half the size of a normal hotel room. Today let’s look at some ways to make that small cabin feel bigger.
- First, do not pack too much. Bring a swim suit, and two or three outfits you can mix and and match. Sometimes higher scale cruises provide you with nice toiletries, so you don’t need to worry about bringing those those. Do you like to read? Take your e reader instead of books. You get the idea?
- Sometimes cruises give you storage in the most unusual places. For example, Disney’s ottoman has places for you to store stuff. And there should always be room under the bed.
- Or you can make your own spaces… There is not a lot of furniture that can be moved around. They do that on purpose. They don’t want everything falling over if you should run into bad weather. They also don’t want anything taken. But there are a few small things you can ask to have taken out if you choose to.
- You will not have to do any cleaning on your vacation. The maids will take care of everything. But you will want to keep everything nice and neat. Put clothes in their places and things like that.
Sometimes you go through a storm, and all you want to do once the storm is over and everything you need to do to clean up is done is relax and have some fun with the one you love?. Let’s look at some more romantic cruises you might want to take when all of this is over.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Crystal Yacht Cruises. Their best ship is Crystal Espirit. On this ship, you will truly be sitting in the lap of luxury. You will be spending your days lounging by beautiful pools, sipping on your favorite beverages. Do you want something a little more exciting? They have jetskis you can ride. In the evenings, you will be able to enjoy movies under the stars, or get social in a living room atmosphere. Okay, so they just have one restaurant, but you will be able to find a quiet table for two here for sure. You can also order room service if you would like more privacy.
- And on Azamara, the people writing this article like the Azamara Quest, Azamara Journey and Azamara Pursuit. These three ships are almost identical. You are going to have blasts when it comes to date nights, which since you will be on a romantic cruise will be every night, right? And most of the time, you will have no need of children ruining your good times, because these ships are mostly for adults. You may want to take up ballroom dancing while you are on these ships. They do have more than one restaurant you can choose from on these ships.