What do you like doing on your vacations? Do you like sitting beside water, doing absolutely nothing, except maybe reading a good book? Or do you like getting out and doing fun things Let’s continue our discussion about where you might want to vacation this fall.
- Are you dreaming of a beach vacation? You might want to go to Aruba. You shouldn’t be in hurricane season in the fall. Build your sand castles. Look for shells. Enjoy the waters, whether you are playing in it or sitting and admiring its beauty. And this is another great place for water sports.
- Are you and your family really into baseball? You might want to check out Cooperstown, New York. This is where the baseball Hall of Fame is. Of course, you probably already know that. Go during the World series, and indulge in your favorite sport each evening.
I am going to take a couple of different vacations in July. One will be with my family, and the other will be with some good friends of mine. Believe me, I am starting to really feel the need for a break. It is not that I do not love this job, I do, but I am getting tired. But if you are thinking that you would feel more comfortable if you and your took your first vacation after all of this that is going on in the fall. Or maybe you are doing a big family family gathering this summer, but want to do a trip with your immediate family this coming fall. Either way, here are some ideas for you.
- Niagara Falls used to be the place where a lot of honeymoon couples would go. You will love looking at the beautiful colors were of fall. You might even enjoy looking at it from a helicopter. You might also enjoy riding were the ferry or picking apples.
- Or you might want to go to Colorado Springs and enjoy the beautiful mountains. This is a beautiful place to hike. This is also a great place to take in the fall leaves. You might want to go rafting on their Echo Canyon River. This is also the home of Focus on the Family.
- We’ve talked about Vegas recently, and what a family friendly destination it is getting to be. It will be hot in the summer for sure, but fall is a wonderful time to go. If you are looking for something to do outside of the city, you may want to go explore the deserts that are around there. You may also want to enjoy some water sports while you are there.
Who is ready to go on some kind of adventure? I know I am ready to do something fun after all of this mess we are going through lately. If you know what I mean, please read on.
- Do you and your family love going mountain biking together? Why don’t you go on a weekend long adventure in Scottsdale, Arizona. You’ll be riding through their desert. The trip will take you anywhere between three and seven hours. Don’t worry, there are plenty of nice resorts and other things to do in this area.
- Or do you like waterfalls? Ever dreamed of going down one like they do in the movies? New Zealand has a twenty-three foot waterfall you can go down if you are brave enough. And yes, they do offer guided tours.
- Do you wish you had been able to go through Boy Scouts\Girl Scouts? You can still go through some wilderness training. Not only will you and your family learn about the basics of camping, you will also learn how to make hunting weapons, and how to use traps and snares.
- Do you love looking out from the top of the world? At the CN Tower, they let you lean over the edge. Now, you are on ropes, and everything is safe just so you know.
Life has gotten pretty monotonous for many of us. You’re probably doing something similar to what I am lately. Wake up and do your morning routine, work on your job stuff before and after lunch. Do something relaxing after dinner. Then you’ll wake up and do it all over again. I do have some fun times coming up in July, and I’m starting to count down the days. If you’re looking for some exciting things to do on your next vacation, here are some ideas that you might be interested in.
- In New Zealand, they have this thing vehicle that looks like a shark. And in it you will be leaping, diving and rolling. This is in Queensland, and you will be able to choose between a mild or a wild ride.
- Do you love being cold? You might want to try going out on a frozen lake. Go ice floating, as they call it, in Finland and you will also be able to see the Northern Lights. They will be giving you special suits that will help keep you warm and dry. And you do not have to be able to swim.
- Or is hanging out in a cave more of your thing? You will probably also want to be to sure that you can enjoy being around those things they call snakes to go to this place. The Cave of the Hanging Serpents which is in Maya Ka’an. This is in the Mexican jungle, [learn something new every day], and you’ll be riding bicycles through the night to get here.
- Have you ever dreamed of camping on a cliff? You can do that in Colorado. You will sleep in a hanging tent system.
Okay,, having a travel agent plan your vacation is not the only way to reduce your stress while you are on a trip. Let’s look at some things that might help you have great vacation.
- First of all, how’s your relationship with your parents or your in laws? Is it great the first couple of days, but after that things start going downhill? Do you feel like they still think of you and your husband as kids? You will want to think through these things before you go on any trips with them. Lay groundrules before the trip starts. Discuss who will pay for what. And discuss it up front if you know you are going to want sometime to yourselves from time to time.
- If you are going to a place you’ve never been before, how do you know your taxi driver isn’t going to take you the long way around everywhere you go? Do some research before you leave on your trip. Ask the people at the front desk of your hotel about the route you might want to take. And never be afraid to ask for the fastest route.
- You may be able to pass through security with no problem, or it could take a while. You always want to get to the airport in plenty of time. If things go well, and read a book. Part of any good vacation is getting some good rest in anyway.
- You want to make sure you have everything you need without packing too much. Take clothes you can mix and match. Are you going to a nicer hotel? You might not need to take things like shampoo and conditioner.
I think everyone is feeling a little stressed these days, and that might be the understatement of the century. No one is quite sure when things are going to open up.. Everyone is wondering when things are going to be normal again, or if they ever will be. Everyone is questioning whether we are going to have to have another lock down.
Anyway, in all of the uncertainties that we are facing these days, the last thing you want to be worrying about is your vacation. This will hopefully be a time of freedom for you and your family, and hopefully a time without a lot of stress. One way you can cut down on the stress is by letting a travel agent handle all of the arrangements. Today let’s look at some ways we travel agents can help you
- Problems can come up when you travel, that’s just an unfortunate reality, and sadly that may be even more true in the next little while. But travel agents will know exactly who to call when something goes wrong, whether you miss a flight or something goes wrong at the hotel.
- Travel is what we do for a living, so we are going to know what is popular, when the best times to go are, etc.. We will also try to get to know your interests and tastes and plan accordingly.
- Sometimes the least inexpensive option is not the best idea. Sometimes you simply have more expensive tastes. Sometimes the cheapest thing is in the wrong part of town. We can help you figure out all of those details.
I know that you might not think of Vegas as being the most family friendly, but this city is truly whatever you want to make it. They’re working hard to make it this way. And while some of what they have to offer in this city can get pretty expensive, you should be able to find pretty inexpensive hotels which may have cheap meals as well. At least it used to be this way.
- The first attraction we are going to look at today is their monorails. The Strip is only four miles long, but you might not want to walk everywhere. That can get old.. The monorail is a great way a to see the city, especially for those who are seeing it for the first time.
- Some of the pools here are not particularly family friendly. People are going to be drinking at the pools, even during the day. But the main pool at the Mirage is pretty casual and laid back. You will want to swim here.
- The Mirage also has Siegfried &Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat.. Here is a place where you can see the big cats.
When you think of Las Vegas, you probably think of anything but family friendly attractions. You’ll probably think of casinos and a lot of things like that. But the reality is that they have a lot to offer anyone. People are always holding conferences and conventions, and in order to keep this big business going, they are needing to add attractions that will appeal to all kinds of people.
- The first one we are going to look at today is the Hello Kitty Cafe. Take your family to enjoy their themed drinks, pastries and ice cream. Is your husband planning a business trip to this city. Ask as if you and the kids can tag along.
- Do you know that Vegas has an aquarium? It is actually inside one of their hotels. It is actually hard to find. But go to the Mandalay Bay hotel and ask someone, they’ll be able to tell you. Here you will be able to find sea turtles and lots of different kinds of sharks.
- They have an indoor park. Here you will be able to bowl, mini golf and lots of good rides. Don’t worry, they will have stuff for the littles to do as well.
- You will want to take some time to visit the fountains in Vegas. The place is called Bellagio. And everyone has to see it at least once, at least that is what I hear. And this is one thing that is actually free.
River cruising is growing more and more popular. And why not? Yes, most river cruises are luxury, and you’ll pay a pretty penny for them. But a lot of these cruises are in Europe, and you are likely going to pay pretty much to see Europe anyway. And river cruises do give you a lot of luxury. And once you pay to get on, you usually don’t have to worry about money again, because everything is already paid for. Let’s look some more at what these cruises are like. First, let’s look at some of the basics about river cruising.
- You are not going to get many sea days like you would on an ocean cruise. They usually have excursions you can be part of each day. Everything is going to be completely optional, of course. But there is not a lot you can do on these ships. And often, even your shore excursions are already paid for.
- Sometimes you will be able to choose between walking tours and motorcoach tours. You will be exploring places like castles and vineyards and food tastings. Sometimes you will pay a little more for things like evening concerts and cooking classes, or even art classes.
- You are usually going to get to explore three countries in a week’s time, with some lines starting to offer longer itineraries. Almost always you will be are starting in some fantastic city you are going to have some exceptions with the Christmas markets and the New Year, these generally run between April and October.
I apologize for this being really quick. I’ve had quite a day. I think the question on a lot of people’s minds is when will it be safe enough travel. Everyone is tired of staying home. They are bored and more than ready to do something different and fun. The good news is that here in America, we have a lot of room to move around. Taking your family camping might be a great idea now that we are allowed to move around a little more. Many Americans think that traveling is a good idea. And camping, and going around in RVs, is getting more and more popular.