Let’s get back to our discussion about what to see and do in Austin, Texas. It is a big city, and there are a lot of different things for families to do together.
- Today we are going to start with looking at their Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum. Charles Umlauf was a sculptor, and he and his wife donated their home and a lot of his work to the city of Austin.
- Do you love to look at flowers? You might want to try Zilker Botanical Gardens which is kind of the centerpiece of Zilker Park. A lot of people come to visit this beautiful place each year. This is a great place for those who love to garden themselves.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is another beautiful place to visit. This place was founded by Ladybird Johnson when she was our first lady. They have many nice walking trails. And children will want to be sure to visit their children’s garden.
- Do you and your family like exploring caves together? You might enjoy visiting Longhorn Cavern State Park. You really should take a guided tour of this place, they have several that you can choose from. You are sure to hear some of the place’s stories and legends on whichever tour you go on.
- Do you want to get out there and stretch your muscles? Try Lady Bird Lake Hike or Bike Trail. You can walk, jog, or bike around the one miles of beautiful lake.