I’m having problems with my communication device. I am going to do the best I can to work this week, but we will see what happens. Next week is my vacation. Hopefully after that, things will return to normal for a little both at least.
Many of us are dying to get out of the we’ve been cooped up in for far too long. But where should we go? What is safe? Let’s start looking at some ideas.
- The virtual tour industry is exploded. This is for those that are still uncomfortable traveling, but are dying to do something different with their days. A lot of places are doing these virtual tours. And these tours are much less expensive than going to the actual places.
- State parks are often overlooked, but they can be fun to explore, especially when you are looking for a trip for just you and your family, and not wanting to be around crowds. I know, that sounds wonderful to some and horrible to others. Spend your time watching animals and having of outdoors adventures.
- Or you might want to plan your own staycation. Take time off of work, and go do the a things you want to do but never time for. Go enjoy your parks. Go to the library get some old movies and spend the day watching movies as a family. Get takeout from your favorite restaurants
Let’s talk one more day about this glamping thing. I would love to know your thoughts on this. I have to to confess, I don’t like to camp. I can’t sleep on the hard ground. I like camping during the, cooking over fires during the day, playing games and whatever. That’s the camping I know.
- But anyway, today let’s start with something in my home state of Georgia. There is a place called Barnsley Resort which has about thirty five cabins. Some will have only one bedroom, others will have up to seven bedrooms. Here you can go horseback riding, enjoy the gardens, and you can also go fly fishing.
- You might also want to look at Orr Family Farm which is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Here you can stay in either a wagon or in a teepee. Whichever you choose, you will have your own bathroom, and you will be able to charge your devices. They also have a spa..
- Is anyone interested in exploring vintage trailers? You can stay in one at the Vintages Trailer Resort which is in Oregon. This is a place that is known for its wines. Foodies will also love it here.
We are going to get to back to our discussion about glamping, and where you might want to try this out.
- And the first one we are going to look at today is Mt. Hood Tiny House Village which is in Portland, Oregon. Are you looking for a place to get away from all of the stress of life, and who wouldn’t be these days with everything going on, you should try this place. Here their places are called tiny homes. And they have full kitchens and bathrooms in each place. They have miniature golf and lots of places to hike.
- Do you love being out on the lake? You and your family could try River Dance Lodge. This sounds like a pretty exclusive place with only three tents and eight cabins.. You can also bring your own tents. They’ll have a nice restaurant for you and activities for you enjoy.
- Is someone in your family family crazy about treehouses? Consider Mohicans Treehouse Resort which is in Ohio. You can rent treehouse rooms or these lavish cabins for you to enjoy. Here you will also be near Amish. If you like country cooking, be sure to check out Amish restaurants.
- Or is your thing animals, especially the wild kind? Think about going to California’s Safari West Wildlife Preserve. Here you will be able to see things like hippos and giraffes.
I feel like I need to be honest, I am experiencing some challenges with my equipment lately.. Hopefully we’re going to get everything figured out before too much longer. VACAAY is not going to hurt thingS either.
Are you interested in trying this glamping thing? You may want to, given everything that is going on right now. You may be asking, what is glamping. Well, it is like camping, only without roughing it. Okay, let’s take a look some places that might interest you.
The first place we are going to look at today is the Inn and Spa Cedar Falls which is in Ohio. They have what they call yurts.. And these sound like luxurious little cabins. And you will surrounded by beautiful nature, perfect for taking long hikes.
YMCA of the Rockies is in Colorado. They also have cabins you can rent. Like a lot of resorts, they have many different outdoors activities you can enjoy together as a family. Just being in Rockies makes it gorgeous.
Do you and your family enjoy white water rafting? You might want to try echo Canyon River Expeditions which is also in Colorado. You will be sleeping in tents, but they will be nice. And again, you will be surrounded by beauty.
Are you and your family looking for a nice resort to chill out at this summer? Let’s look at some places that might be of interest to you.
- Have you ever gone to Angel Fire Resort? If you don’t know, angel Fire is in New Mexico. One of my brothers has in laws that live there, so I’ve heard a lot about the place. This is a great place for those families that love adventure. It is a beautiful place to go mountain biking. They also have a great bike park. And it is an excellent place to go skiing if you are looking for something to do in winter.
- Purgatory Resort is in Colorado, and is also known as a great place for skiing. But you can have a lot of adventures here in summer and autumn as well. They will turn some of their slopes into rides that you and your family can enjoy together. And they are going to have a lot of other outside activities for you to take part in.
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort is in Utah. They will have rock climbing. Swimming, miniature golf, tennis, volleyball, and ziplining are just some of the things you will enjoy here.
Things are opening up, too slowly for some, too fast for others. But the question on everyone’s mind is when will it be safe to travel? That is not an easy question to answer, but let’s take a look at it.
- Like people, different states and countries see things differently and are opening up differently. And some countries feel the need to close down. You will want to do careful research before you plan any trips.
- The last pandemic was about a hundred years ago. You couldn’t travel the way we do today. Today you can fly anywhere you want, supposedly. Many countries are doing a lot of testing.. The more people test, the more we can know how that country is doing, and where to go or not.
- It is not recommended to travel within our own great country unless it is some kind of emergency. But everyone is working on figuring out ways to make things safer for us.
Okay, so you and your family go on this cruise, and everyone has this wonderful time. And then everyone comes home and is miserable. Everyone wants to be back on the cruise, not at home getting back to normal life. How do you work through this funk? Today we are going to look at some tips that might help you beat it.
- First, you are going to want to take lots of picture on your vacation. And then once you are home, you will want to create an album. It can am be an old fashioned album or one you create online, either way works fine. You will want to share it with friends and family. You might even want to gather your loved
- You may not have guessed this, but I love to write. Do you? You may want to write out all of your cruise experiences. You may want to keep them to yourself. There are lots of places where you can post cruise reviews online.
- Are you missing the cruise food more than anything? You will be delighted to hear that they have a ton of cruise food recipes available online. Look up your favorite foods today and try them.
- Go on and plan your next cruise, either as you’re getting off your cruise or shortly after you get home. It helps to have something to look forward to..
I would love to know what you would like to hear more about. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s start looking at some more random tips..
- You may or not be one of those people who has to take their pillow with them anywhere you might sleep. But whether or not you do that, you should take a pillowcase or two. These are great for putting your dirty clothes in. It can also help to wrap up your breakables.
- Do you know you are going to have to do some laundry in your hotel sink? You will also want to take along some baby shampoo. It isn’t going to hurt anything you want to wash. You can also use this to defogg your goggles.
- Bring along your floss. And no, I do not mean just for your pearly whites. You never know when you might have a sewing emergency.
- Do you love wearing necklaces and always end up taking along several? Have trouble getting them untangled? I hear taking along straws will help you.. I’m not sure how to describe this to you. But look it up online.
- You can also use egg cartons. You’ll have small compartments where you will be able to separate your stuff. It will also look uninteresting to thieves.
- Another thing that you may want to bring along is some dryer sheets. Stick them in shoes and dirty laundry bags to keep odors away. They also help get rid of static.
Why do you read this blog? I hope part of it is that you just enjoy my writing. But I also hope you are coming to get travel advice. Today we are going to look at some more travel tips.
- When you travel, you will usually do better renting a condo than staying in a hotel. But you can also negotiate when you are renting. They are probably more flexible on price than what you see on their advertisement says. You might also get them to let you to stay ten days instead of the standard week, just ask them.
- Growing up, we had those hard shelled suitcases. We could only fit so much into them. If we still have them, I don’t know it. We now use the cloth bags which are a lot more flexible. You might want to try that for yourself. You will be surprised at how much you can get into them.
- Petroleum jelly, also known as Vaseline to most, has many uses. For sure, it helps keeps skin and lips from getting dry. But did you also know it works as a makeup remover. You could bring that instead of all your tubes. Just be sure not to get any in your eyes.
- A lot of people have learned this trick already, but you want to roll your clothes instead of folding them. It will help you fit more in. And besides, rolling your clothes helps keeps the wrinkles away.
- Most shoes are pretty inflexible. Try packing your socks and undies into them. This will help you save room.
Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist on Pexels.com
Today was one of those days that I had problems deciding what to write about for you. I confess that a normal Thanksgiving sounds pretty awesome to me right now, with all of the lovely food and being with family. But maybe you and your family have decided that you want to do something different for Thanksgiving this year.
- Let’s look at some destinations, besides Grandma’s, that you might want to consider. There is Knott’s Berry Farm. You will need to travel to Buena Park, California to experience this. Your family is sure to love their restaurant’s Thanksgiving brunch.
- Disney World is going to have several options for you if you decide to visit them over Thanksgiving. And I think Thanksgiving is the quieter time to visit as opposed to Christmas which is usually pretty crazy. But quiet at Disney is all pretty relative. Anyway, they will have a spread for you in the Magic Kingdom. But don’t say I didn’t warn you, your hosts here will be two mice. The strange thing is that these mice are also going to be into Disney’s campground, and you will be treated to a lot of fine country cooking.
- Disney will also have something for those who want a little nicer atmosphere. The restaurant is called Artist’s Point, and it sounds like they serve a pretty upscale menu. Their Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is going to have pretty standard fare.
- Are you going to Disney to ride the rides, and don’t even want to stop to eat? Both Disney world and Disneyland have quick service options you.
- Hersheypark is also to give you and your family an excellent dinner. They also have a spa where you can get treatments.