You know about my vacation plans, I’m always talking about them. But what about you? Have you made vacation plans.? I would love to hear about. Personally I think everyone needs a vacation with everything going on lately. But anyway, let’s get back to some more signs that you may be needing to plan a vacation.
- Are you messing up at work? You’re making mistakes is that you know you don’t usually make. You may be getting upset at your fellow workers, or worse, clients
- Do you go into work really not looking forward to your day? Sometimes you have bad days, everyone knows that. But if you are waking up each morning dreading work, not sure why you chose this job in the first place, it might be time to look into a vacation.
- When was the last time you had a really good laugh? Do you remember? If you are losing your ability to laugh, you may need a change of pace.
- Are you getting angry at things you would usually just shrug off? This could be at work or at home. You just feel irritable most of the time
There is not a question in my mind that I need to take sometime off. I’ve been working each day since the beginning of the year, and I’m definitely tired. I have some vacation planned next month. You might guess that I’m getting excited about it.
I’ve written about all this, but a lot of Americans do not do well when it comes to taking vacation. We think we’re too important at our jobs to take off. But taking time off helps us getting the juices flowing and enjoying work again. Here are some signs that you really need a vacation.
- Do you look like your passport photo? This is an old joke. But are you stressed, and I think everyone is stressed these days with everything going on these days. Does your back hurt all of the time, or your neck? Stomach problems can be another sign of stress.
- Are you having trouble sleeping? You might have trouble falling to sleep. Or you might be waking up way before you need to be. Either way sleeping problems are another sign of stress.
- Are you missing family stuff? Do you remember the last time you had dinner in back of with your family? Be you you missing things that are important to your children? It may be time to take that vacation and get some dedicated family time.
I love Sunday. Having that day to relax and have fun helps me gets me back to where I want to work. And I think I’m about three weeks away from vacation. I’m so ready to take a chunk of time off of work, and have fun with family and friends. Today we are going to look at some water parks that you and your family might want to visit.
- First, Wisconsin Dells has Kalahari Resort, and it has a water park. You can play outdoors, but what’s unusual about this place is it also has an indoor section. And this indoor section is opened all year long.. You can also go to the outdoors part between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Both parts are going to have lots of fun for the whole family.
- Williamsburg, Virginia has Water Country USA. Do you love the feeling of having your stomach drop? One of their slides is 75 feet long. They have twenty-five rides in all.
- In a place called Jay, Vermont they have a waterpark. Pump House indoor Waterpark. Apparently most of this park is indoors. They do have some hot tubs outdoors. They have some big slides at this park too.
- Dollywood Splash Country, which is part of the amusement park is in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The article I’m reading says that they have more than twenty-three rides They also have Tennessee’s only water coaster.
It’s Saturday, and I must confess that I would love to hurry through everything I need to, and then be finished for a while. We’ll see what happens.
- Did you know that you can purchase a selfie stick, and this allows you to take self portraits without all the awkward poses? This may be a great tool for those who love Facebook and such.
- If you have a really long layover, you can get out of the Airport, as if you need my permission. There are free tours you can take in a lot of places. I love to eat junkfood, no question. And you are going to find plenty of junk in the airports. But that might not be the best to eat while you are flying. Getting sick on an airplane is no fun. You can bring some healthy alternatives in your carryon.
- If you know you have a tight layover, you will want to do your best to get an aisle seat nearer near the front. That’s your best way to try to get off as quickly as you can.
- Sleeping in the airport can be hard, especially if you’re worried about what some freak might try to do to you or your stuff. Are you traveling with someone? Let them rest while you keep watch, and then they might return the favor.
We are going to get back to looking at some more travel tips for you today.
- Everyone knows that the seats on airplanes are not the most comfortable. Part of the problem is that they do not fit your back right at all. Sitting for long stretches of time is already hard on your back. Trust me, I’m disabled, I know all about this. Take a blanket or sweater or something and put it behind your back to help your back. I
- f you get stuck in the middle seat, go on and take both armrests. Your seatmates should not consider you rude if you do this. It is the generally accepted practice to do this. After all, you do need some space
- . I think that everyone knows that parking at the airport is expensive. This is actually one way that airports make a lot of their money.. There are several ways to work around that. First, have someone take you to the airport and pick you up, or Uber it. There are also always parking lots around the airports that you can use. But they can get expensive as well. Hotels around airports will often allow you to park if you stay with them one night.
- You have gotten to the airport early, you’ve gone through security and everything, now what? Some airports offer free tours of their facilities. These are can be pretty interesting.
I try to keep this blog interesting, and not go over the same things day after day. Sometimes that is hard to do though. And I think it is going to do me good to get some time away from work stuff in July. Let’s look at some general travel tips today.
- It is just cheaper to fly some days than days than others, that’s just the way things are. I’m guessing that sometime long ago, the airlines got together and did a study that showed that Tuesday was the least popular day to fly, and that’s why Tuesday is generally the most inexpensive day to travel. But it’s always a good idea to be flexible in your travel dates. You never know what you might find.
- And when you book your flight might make as much difference as when you actually fly. Studies have shown that Tuesday afternoons at three is the best time to book your flight. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself.
- What time of day is the best time to fly. Normally, if you like the airports to be pretty quiet, you will want to travel in the early mornings. There are exceptions to this for sure do you have to cancel your travel plans?
- Are you too late to get all of your money back? You could move your travel dates, and then cancel at a later time.. I’m not sure how honest that is, but anyway. You probably know to get to the airport early when you know it is going to be busy, like over the holidays. But you truly never know when the airport is going to get really busy. The best idea is to always gets get to the airport as early as you can.
You might be single, and might be going on a cruise to try to to find that love you’ve always dreamed of. Cruises can be great places for singles to mingle. Or you might be happily married with a family, but you just need a break. You are tired of doing the same thing day after day. You are tired of seeing to other people’s needs all of the time. Some downtime where all you have to do is please yourself sounds good. Let’s look at some cruiselines that might work great for you if you want to cruise on your own.
- And the first one we are going to look at were today is Norwegian Cruise Line. They were among the first to come up with the idea of solo cabins. Why? Because most cruises would have you pay double if you were single and wanted a room to yourself. These cabins are small and are all inside. But how much time are you going to be in your room anyway? Singles will also have access to their own private lounge..
- rAnd on Holland America they have a lot of programs for the singles aboard their ships. They have a culinary program where you can take cooking classes, do wine tastings, and all kindnesses of fun things. You can use the classes and other offerings as a means to meet others, but you aren’t required to meet anyone if you don’t want to. You can also eat with other singles if you would like.
When you are in the beginning stages of raising your family, when your days are full of diaper changes, temper tantrums and kissing booboos, the fact that you’ll really have only eighteen summers with each child you have might not cross your mind. But an that is a reality that you have to face. Here are some vacation ideas that you really should take with your children before they leave the house.
- First of all, you should get your whole extended family together and go on a cruise together. Cruises are a great trip for extended families to take together, because there is so much you can do on a cruise? Do you want to spend most of your time by the pool, or you might want to take that cooking classes. The boys of the family want to do sports stuff most of the time. And your parents know that they want to take full advantage of the spa. Your whole family can meet up for dinner and compare notes.
- Every family should go and visit America’s favorite mouse at least once. Disney has two huge theme parks. Does your family love riding rides together? Are your girls just crazy about the Disney princesses? Do your boys love everything to do with “Toy Story”? I’ve also heard that Disney cruises are fantastic, and that everyone should go on one at least once.
- DC is a truly fascinating place. They have all kinds of memorials and museums for you to visit and explore. People are welcome to visit the Capitol and White House. And they also have a great zoo. You will learn a lot, but they also have some fantastic parks where your family can play together, and you will be able to choose from a lot of great restaurants.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I did. I needed some downtime and some fun, and got both. Speaking of rest and relaxation, let’s get back to our discussion about the Fourth of July. It will be here before you know it.
- Is your idea of a great Fourth of July having some delicious barbecue? You might want to try Memphis. This is also a great place to learn about the Civil Rights Movement, something we might stand to learn more about, especially these days. And for lighter fun, check out Graceland.
- Are you looking for somewhere in the Midwest to celebrate? Minneapolis, Minnesota always has a great downtown celebration. And theirs is actually a two day event on their riverfront, so it is going to be a beautiful setting for your fun. There will be live were music and lots of family fun.
- Does your family like to run together? If you do, you should check out St. Louis, Missouri. They start their Fourth of July celebration with a four mile run. A parade follows that, and then there are concerts, and of course there are also fireworks
- . Kansas City, Missouri is another place that is known for being pretty patriotic. This is also a city that has a lot of pretty places to explore. I think one of the things they have is a lot of big old and green rolling hills
- . Does part of your family want to do nothing except relax, and the other part wants to have fun? You might try Green Lake, Wisconsin. The lake is beautiful and is a great place to take a picnic. They will have concerts on lake. Restaurants are going to have concerts as well.
The Fourth of July is going to be here before you know it. Have you thought about what you might like to do? Today we are going to look at some more ideas for you.
- Our first one today is going to be Knoxville, Tennessee which has been rated the most patriotic city by USA Today. It has all the essentials for a great celebration of the Fourth of July. Here you will find great barbecue, great breweries, and all day festivities leading up to a great fireworks display. The festivities are held in the old World’s Fair Park.
- Is one of your favorite things to do as a family is to walk around and explore a city together? You might want to try Savannah, Georgia? This is a beautiful city. And it is another great place for those who love food.
- Do you want to celebrate Fourth of July in the Big Apple. Yes, they do celebrate more than Christmastime/New Year’s in this city. So many of those who come to our country seeking freedom have ended up staying here in this city. And there is always more than one celebration you can attend.
- Indianapolis, Indiana has a little something for everyone. They have a great children’s museum for one thing. Does your family enjoy riding bikes together? Indianapolis has a great rideshare program for you. They also have a great zoo.