Where are you going this Fourth of July? Have you decided yet? My big vacations will be just about to start right around the Fourth. I’m so excited, I’m starting to count down the days. But anyway, let’s look at some destinations that you might consider going to around the Fourth.
- I hear that Atlanta is a great place to go for this holiday. They have a great fireworks display. But before the display, you are going to have live entertainment. They’ll also have great food options for you. Want to make it a little longer trip? Stay and take in some of their fantastic museums. D
- o you want to celebrate our Independence Day in some historic place? Why not try St Augustine, one of the oldest cities in the States. They have a great celebration here. They will have fireworks, of course, and a free concert after that. Or would you rather just go to the place where it all began in the first place?
- Philadelphia puts on a great celebration. They do fireworks too. But as you can imagine, there are a lot of great museums and other places to show about this great city.
- Charleston is another great place that you might want to consider. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time with their cobbled streets. They have some beautiful neighborhoods that you will want to explore. This is also a great place for foodies
If you are someone that loves to go on cruises in order to see different parts of the world, you might not know just how much there is to do on board. Of course, other I people go just for what is on the ship. It’s usually less expensive if you do not go off of the ship. would love to know what you like to do on your cruises. Let’s look at some more ways that you might want to do with your Sea days on your next cruise.
- A lot of cruises are going to have different educational programs that you can participate in. You are going to be able to choose from cooking classes and art classes. You might even be able to take some computer classes on board.
- Do you have job where not it’s frowned upon to get silly, even every now and then? Most cruises are going to have contests and parties where cutting up is not only acceptable, it is required I know that Disney has pirate parties where dressing up is something nearly everyone does. And of course, Disney has characters you can play with. Carnival has all kinds of silly games you can play and get prizes. Other cruises are going to have dance parties.
- You know that ships have performances in the evenings?. A lot of these performances are like Broadway plays. But some ships have these performances running all day on Sea Days. I know that Disney also has their newest movies running most all the time.
If you are the person loves cruising for the places they take you, you may be a bit disappointed and unsure what to do with yourself when Sea Days. And as most the cruises will have at least one or two Sea Days, it is always a good idea to be prepared.
- Most ships are going to have pools for you to enjoy. Take a good book and enjoy some reading time. [Have one of reading devices is no problem, just put your towels over it when you are swimming.] Enjoy hanging out with your family and friends who you came with. Or you might want to get to know some of the other people on the ship.
- A lot of cruise ships now have excellent fitness centers where you can work out. And no, you don’t have to work out by yourself if you don’t want to. They will have classes you can take. A lot of ships will also have personal trainers for you if that is your cup of tea.
- You may also want to indulge yourself and go to the spa. I can’t think of a ship that would not have a spa, and this does include river cruise boats. [To be honest, I’m not sure all these river boats have pools.] and most ships are going to have treatments for adults, treatments for couples, treatments for teens, and well, I think you get the idea.
- And of course, every ship is going to have places you can eat and drink in. Take your time and eat whatever they you like whenever you feel like it. Sea Days are great times to enjoy a leisurely dinner. Relax, there is nowhere you have to be. Enjoy that second appetizer or dessert if you want. This is your vacation.
We have talked about this before, but a lot of times the cheaper cruises are going to charge you every time you turn around. And the luxury cruises are going to be much more all inclusive in nature. And this is true across the board, so much so that you may find that you will end up spending about the same on each type of cruise.
But not all cruises are the same, and this is even true of luxury cruises. but then again, not all travelers are the same either. Some people want to do little on a vacation besides curl up with a good book. Others want to get out and buy all of these crazy adventures. Still others feel like the most important part of any vacation is the food, and maybe some cultural experiences on the side.
Personal service is the hallmark of any luxury voyage. The crew was any of these ships is trained to exceed your expectations and anticipate your every need. On larger ships, things seem pretty formal. You will have a butler that will see to your needs, whether you’d like breakfast in bed each morning, or you like a certain drink right before bed each night. And on smaller ships, each member of crew is going to remember your likes and dislikes..
So you decide on the things that are most important to you. Do you like the idea of having plenty of space? The cabins on these ships often include big balconies and nice bathrooms with large tubs. Riverboats are not going to be able to to offer you as much space is, but you will still receive a high level of service.
States are starting to reopen slowly. I’m not sure anyone really knows what is opened what isn’t. It’s all confusing right now. But here are some tourist attractions that either have opened up or will open up in 2020.
- Quintana Roo has decided that they are not quite ready to open up again. But their Governor wants his peoples to open up their hotels by June eighth or tenth. That is what this article I’m reading is saying.
- Okay, this is a little clearer. Saint Lucia is planning to open up again on June the fourth. The airport will reopen, although not all restrictions will be lifted. They are hoping to have fifteen hundred rooms available for guests.
- Greece will open up to visitors on June fifteenth, but only to guests from specific countries. You’ll only be allowed to travel to Athens until July first when the other airports reopen.
- The Florida Keys are set to open up as of today.. Hotels are not allowed to have even more than fifty percent occupancy. And they will take another look at this plan in the middle of June.
- Italy itself see will open its borders to their European neighbors starting on June fourth. People outside of Europe will have to wait until June fifteenth at the earliest.
- Iceland plans to open up on June fifteenth. However, anyone that goes there will either have to be tested or go into quarantine for fourteen days.
- Our Virgin Islands are also set to open up today. And they have put together a comprehensive guide for the health and safety the for hotels and restaurants and other businesses.