Spring break is going to be here before you know it. I’m hearing my Mom starting to talk about what we might do with my nieces and nephews during their break. Taking a cruise might seem like a good idea for your children’s spring break. This might seem especially true if you are looking for a less expensive way to travel. After all, you are going to get your room, your food and things to do all at one pretty inexpensive price. But how much does a cruise actually cost?
To start, you should know that an average cruise is going to cost you about two hundred dollars per person per day. I am going through an article that is calling a cruise a cheap way to travel. That does not sound to me like inexpensive travel. There are some cruises that you will be able to get for about fifty dollars per people per day, which sounds a little more like it. And of course, you can also pay a lot more for a cruise if you choose to do so.
First there are your mainstream cruises, which is like Carnival or Caribbean. These are the cruises you might be able to get for fifty dollars sometimes. You are going to be able to spend more if you want. And then there are the premium cruises like Holland America or Cunard. You will be traveling in comfort with them. And while luxury will cost more upfront, when you figure out everything you’ll pay on both types of cruises, it isn’t going to be all that different.
I’ve had another question, this one is coming from my Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/speciialneedsparepowwow. I love getting these requests, sometimes it’s hard to figure out what to write about.. I love hearing the questions other people have.
I want to start with a confession, and I know that some of you are going to love me, others are going to hate me, but personally, I’m not doing much when it comes to COVID. I only wear masks when REQUIRED to do so. For me, that is very rare. I haven’t gotten vaccinated, don’t feel like I should at this point in time. And yes, we are going to church. We are going to see family and friends like we always do. Life feels fairly normal to me. I know that everyone feels differently about all of this, I just wanted you to know where I stand.
But I do know that a lot of special needs kids have compromised immune systems and really need to be careful about everything. Parents hate seeing their children sick, and I can certainly understand that. I think we are going to start looking at this by asking some questions.
- The first question is, are you and your family vaccinated? Most people are saying that this is going to lower your risks for getting sick and spreading the disease. This is a personal decision that you and your family need to make.
- Are you, or someone in your family, especially at risk for getting COVID? Talk to your doctor about this.
- Does the place you are going have restrictions when it comes to COVID. You need to figure that out before you have to leave.
I think we have plans with a friend later on, so I had best get a move on.
We are going to look some more Alderbrook Resort and Spa. Do your kids love to swim? Do you? Swimming is actually one of my favorite things to do on vacation. Alderbrook has a pool That is completely surrounded by glass doors. They open everything up when it is warm enough to do so. They have a lift to help your special needs child in and out of the water. They also have hot tubs.
There is a lot that you can do at this resort. You may feel like you’ve gone back to summer camp. There are canoes. They have nature walks that you and your family can do together. You can also do them by yourself, that is allowed. They also have yachts that are fully accessible. And if it is the right season, you can go fishing. They also have all kinds of games you can play, either by yourself or with others. They have wiis that you can play in absolute comfort on leather couches.
The restaurant features Northwest cuisine. And they can cater to any food allergies that you or your family has. It is wisest to let them this before your time there starts.
We are going to look at something besides cruises. Today we will be looking at Alderbrook Resort and Spa. This is a great place for it is also on the beach, and is a great place to soak in nature. It is also friendly and accessible. Looking for luxury? You can get it at this resort, making it perfect for either a couple’s getaway or a family vacation.
When you call to make a booking, you are going to need to think through what you want in this vacation. Are you looking for the utmost in privacy for you and your husband? You probably want to book one of their cabins. Do you and your family want to be near all of the activities? Book one of their suites.
What is there to do? can take one of their classes they offer. If you’re an avid reader who thinks no vacation complete without getting several books read, you’ll probably enjoy curling up in front of the massive fireplace in the lobby.
I had a question from yesterday about how important it is to be on time to your cruise ship. That seemed like an important enough question to look up and get an answer to. I don’t know the answer to that because I’ve never been on a cruise to be perfectly clear.
I’m reading that if you go on the cruise’s excursions, the bus is not going to leave until they have each person back was on that bus. You should also know that a lot of the cruises’ excursions will be little except shopping trips.
You can actually do anything that you would like on these shore excursions. You can go on a long hike, or you could do water sports. You can also find places which are going to give you cooking classes. You can also just walk around the city.
But I know that all of this is not answering our question, “How important is it to be on time after an excursion?” Okay, I think I’ve finally found something. The ship will normally sail thirty minutes after everyone is supposed to be back on the ship. Usually, there is going to be a large sign at the gangway letting you know when you are to be back on board. Remember to have something that will let you know the ship’s time.
[Post may contain affiliate links]
It is Monday, so I am going to go on and do my links. I am getting stuff from Groove. I don’t know what I am doing there. I am going to look at the stuff they sent there. My link there is https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/7059lL31BsZE. And I’m doing some training so that maybe I can get some jobs on fiverr. And my https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=224676&brand=fiverrcpa
- Now you are going to want to do a bit of research when it comes to the ports that you will be visiting on your cruise. You will want to know what language they speak and which currency they use. You will also want to figure out what you will want to do at each of these ports.
- You will want to leave anything that you aren’t going to need on the excursions on your ship. But bring a back pack to bring your essentials. You will want to bring your camera and extra battery. You are going to also want to bring a bathing suit.
- You may be safest to go on the excursions that your cruise puts on. Unfortunately, safest does not necessarily mean least expensive. If you do go out on your own, it is important that you keep up with the ship’s time, and know exactly when to be back.
I have lots I’m trying to figure out with the business. Doing these cruise tips is fairly quick and easy for me. I hope you find them interesting. I know I do. And obviously, most of these tips are going to work on any cruise that you were to go on.
- This is something Celebrity does that I’m not sure other cruiselines do. They have a package called their dining package. With this you are going to be able to eat at of their specialty restaurants for one price instead of paying for the meals individually.
- And I know that I’ve said this before, and I’m sure I’ll go over this again, but you do not want to drink too much when you are on a ship. Think about it, that ship is going to be in the ocean. You get so drunk that you do not know where you are going, and who knows where you might end up. It’s just not a good idea.
- They are always going to serve you lunch when you do excursions. But sometimes that is a long time coming. Check to see if the port is going to allow you to bring food in, and if they do, pack yourself some kind of snack before the trip starts.