I am going to just go on and say it, I don’t know what I am doing tomorrow. We have a lot up in the air, and next week I know I am not going to work because it is finally vacation time.. But anyway, let’s get back to our discussion about traveling internationally with children.
Children like to feel secure and small children may get really confused when you take them places where nothing is familiar to them. Bring a little piece of home with you. That might be a favorite toy, or their blanket, anything that will help them remember home.
However you don’t want to bring everything. You want to pack pretty lightly. Your best bet might be to buy a small bag for each child that you have, and bring toys that fit in that bag and no more. If they are old enough, let them pack their own bags.
Children also tend not to understand getting their meals when they’re used to or going to bed way late. And a lot of countries do eat a lot later than we do. You might want to feed your children and put them down before enjoying your own dinner.
Children need to be sure to 1] sleep and 2] eat. If you forget to take care of these two things, you’re likely to pay by having your are children have tantrums. Don’t fill every second of every day. Do some downtime each and every day?.
As your kids get older, they’ll like to know what they are doing when. Give them your itinerary each day at breakfast. You might even ask them what they want to do from time to time.
Let’s face it. Traveling with kids can always be somewhat daunting. Traveling internationally can feel even more scary. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you feel better about giving your children this grand experience.
If you are going somewhere where you think you and your children might get diseases, you will want to set up a visit with your doctor three months before you are to leave. There are some shots that you are required to get if you are going to go certain places. There are also some other shots that are recommended. Get whatever will make you the most comfortable.
Of course, you have to have passports for everyone and and that does include your baby. Passports need to be valid for six months after you are supposed to be home from your travels. Make sure that everyone is good on that score.
Long flights are always a pain. And little ones don’t understand why they have to sit still for so long. You do not want to be the one with the screaming baby on that airplane. Bring new toys, new books, and new apps with you. Bring favorite snacks that are not messy. Learn some basics of the language of the people you are going to visit, phrases like “please”, “thank you”, things like that. And then teach them to your children. Your hosts will love it.
Yesterday we were discussing social distancing vacations. Let’s continue that discussion today.
I am going to try and do this. I am on my iPad instead of my board. We will see how this goes.p
Did you know that you can rent an RV? You can. And of course with an RV, you will have everything you need to sleep and cook, as well as showering and all that. And you will be able to go anywhere that you would like.
Some people are not comfortable staying in a hotel. Other people simply do not have the money to stay other places.Plan some day trips around you. For food, pack picnics or go through drive thrus. Stop wherever you want. Doing this will also help your local economky.
I’m having problems with my communication device. I am going to do the best I can to work this week, but we will see what happens. Next week is my vacation. Hopefully after that, things will return to normal for a little both at least.
Many of us are dying to get out of the we’ve been cooped up in for far too long. But where should we go? What is safe? Let’s start looking at some ideas.
- The virtual tour industry is exploded. This is for those that are still uncomfortable traveling, but are dying to do something different with their days. A lot of places are doing these virtual tours. And these tours are much less expensive than going to the actual places.
- State parks are often overlooked, but they can be fun to explore, especially when you are looking for a trip for just you and your family, and not wanting to be around crowds. I know, that sounds wonderful to some and horrible to others. Spend your time watching animals and having of outdoors adventures.
- Or you might want to plan your own staycation. Take time off of work, and go do the a things you want to do but never time for. Go enjoy your parks. Go to the library get some old movies and spend the day watching movies as a family. Get takeout from your favorite restaurants
Let’s talk one more day about this glamping thing. I would love to know your thoughts on this. I have to to confess, I don’t like to camp. I can’t sleep on the hard ground. I like camping during the, cooking over fires during the day, playing games and whatever. That’s the camping I know.
- But anyway, today let’s start with something in my home state of Georgia. There is a place called Barnsley Resort which has about thirty five cabins. Some will have only one bedroom, others will have up to seven bedrooms. Here you can go horseback riding, enjoy the gardens, and you can also go fly fishing.
- You might also want to look at Orr Family Farm which is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Here you can stay in either a wagon or in a teepee. Whichever you choose, you will have your own bathroom, and you will be able to charge your devices. They also have a spa..
- Is anyone interested in exploring vintage trailers? You can stay in one at the Vintages Trailer Resort which is in Oregon. This is a place that is known for its wines. Foodies will also love it here.
We are going to get to back to our discussion about glamping, and where you might want to try this out.
- And the first one we are going to look at today is Mt. Hood Tiny House Village which is in Portland, Oregon. Are you looking for a place to get away from all of the stress of life, and who wouldn’t be these days with everything going on, you should try this place. Here their places are called tiny homes. And they have full kitchens and bathrooms in each place. They have miniature golf and lots of places to hike.
- Do you love being out on the lake? You and your family could try River Dance Lodge. This sounds like a pretty exclusive place with only three tents and eight cabins.. You can also bring your own tents. They’ll have a nice restaurant for you and activities for you enjoy.
- Is someone in your family family crazy about treehouses? Consider Mohicans Treehouse Resort which is in Ohio. You can rent treehouse rooms or these lavish cabins for you to enjoy. Here you will also be near Amish. If you like country cooking, be sure to check out Amish restaurants.
- Or is your thing animals, especially the wild kind? Think about going to California’s Safari West Wildlife Preserve. Here you will be able to see things like hippos and giraffes.
I feel like I need to be honest, I am experiencing some challenges with my equipment lately.. Hopefully we’re going to get everything figured out before too much longer. VACAAY is not going to hurt thingS either.
Are you interested in trying this glamping thing? You may want to, given everything that is going on right now. You may be asking, what is glamping. Well, it is like camping, only without roughing it. Okay, let’s take a look some places that might interest you.
The first place we are going to look at today is the Inn and Spa Cedar Falls which is in Ohio. They have what they call yurts.. And these sound like luxurious little cabins. And you will surrounded by beautiful nature, perfect for taking long hikes.
YMCA of the Rockies is in Colorado. They also have cabins you can rent. Like a lot of resorts, they have many different outdoors activities you can enjoy together as a family. Just being in Rockies makes it gorgeous.
Do you and your family enjoy white water rafting? You might want to try echo Canyon River Expeditions which is also in Colorado. You will be sleeping in tents, but they will be nice. And again, you will be surrounded by beauty.
Are you and your family looking for a nice resort to chill out at this summer? Let’s look at some places that might be of interest to you.
- Have you ever gone to Angel Fire Resort? If you don’t know, angel Fire is in New Mexico. One of my brothers has in laws that live there, so I’ve heard a lot about the place. This is a great place for those families that love adventure. It is a beautiful place to go mountain biking. They also have a great bike park. And it is an excellent place to go skiing if you are looking for something to do in winter.
- Purgatory Resort is in Colorado, and is also known as a great place for skiing. But you can have a lot of adventures here in summer and autumn as well. They will turn some of their slopes into rides that you and your family can enjoy together. And they are going to have a lot of other outside activities for you to take part in.
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort is in Utah. They will have rock climbing. Swimming, miniature golf, tennis, volleyball, and ziplining are just some of the things you will enjoy here.
Things are opening up, too slowly for some, too fast for others. But the question on everyone’s mind is when will it be safe to travel? That is not an easy question to answer, but let’s take a look at it.
- Like people, different states and countries see things differently and are opening up differently. And some countries feel the need to close down. You will want to do careful research before you plan any trips.
- The last pandemic was about a hundred years ago. You couldn’t travel the way we do today. Today you can fly anywhere you want, supposedly. Many countries are doing a lot of testing.. The more people test, the more we can know how that country is doing, and where to go or not.
- It is not recommended to travel within our own great country unless it is some kind of emergency. But everyone is working on figuring out ways to make things safer for us.
Okay, so you and your family go on this cruise, and everyone has this wonderful time. And then everyone comes home and is miserable. Everyone wants to be back on the cruise, not at home getting back to normal life. How do you work through this funk? Today we are going to look at some tips that might help you beat it.
- First, you are going to want to take lots of picture on your vacation. And then once you are home, you will want to create an album. It can am be an old fashioned album or one you create online, either way works fine. You will want to share it with friends and family. You might even want to gather your loved
- You may not have guessed this, but I love to write. Do you? You may want to write out all of your cruise experiences. You may want to keep them to yourself. There are lots of places where you can post cruise reviews online.
- Are you missing the cruise food more than anything? You will be delighted to hear that they have a ton of cruise food recipes available online. Look up your favorite foods today and try them.
- Go on and plan your next cruise, either as you’re getting off your cruise or shortly after you get home. It helps to have something to look forward to..