A lot of people are going to be traveling for this Fourth of July weekend, maybe because it is a longer weekend. Today we are going to take a look at some tips that might help the whole experience be more pleasant if you plan to be among the travelers.
- Whether you are flying or driving, you will want to leave early and come back as late as you can. It is summer after all, it is time to take a real vacation.
- Make sure you plan a reasonable budget. You want to have some fun, that’s for sure. But you do not want to go into debt having. Debt stresses everyone out, and it can be especially hard on a marriage. Find a balance between having fun and spending money. You are likely to find a lot of the fun activities might just be free. Like I said, many people are going to be traveling this weekend. There is going to be
- more traffic everywhere you go, no way to get around it. Make sure to take books you can listen to and games you can play in the car as you travel. Walk everywhere you can once you reach your destination.
- You never know when it might rain or like that. Be sure to check the weather each morning before you head out. And take an umbrella or raincoats just in case.
Vacations can be dreams come true, or they can be stressful, especially if you’re bringing young children along. Today let’s look at some tips that might help your next trip be more of a dream come true.
- Sure, yesterday I was talking about letting your pick some of what you do, where you eat. But this trip is for you as well as for them. Make sure to do some of the things you want to do well. Your children might surprise you you how much they enjoy a museum or a nicer restaurant.
- You will not want to do all things that require everyone to look but not touch. That is going to get real old for your children real fast. It will probably get old for a lot of adults as well. It may be best to try to do no more than one of those a day. The thing you want to try to do is to balance everything so that everyone has a good time.
- Sometimes it is best not to fight over little things on vacation. After the long days of being on the go, trying new foods is probably not going to be as important as making sure that they do eat so that they will sleep. Do you need to take pictures at every single place you visit? Pick your battles wisely.
- We’re creatures of habit. Especially when we’re young, eating at roughly the same time each day is going to be wise. If you are busy doing something else, please bring snacks. Do you do certain things at bedtime or when they first get up? Keep those habits as well.
- Children like to know the schedule and what’s going on. You might want to have a discussion of what’s on the agenda every morning at breakfast. If something unexpected comes up, explain it to them the best way you know how.
- And don’t let yourself buy everything your children, or you, want. You will to set some kind of a budget that everyone can live in.
Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing. But sometimes, they are anything but that, especially when traveling with young children. Let’s face it, they can get bored easily, they may not like the foods that are available on your trip, and they are going to get tired and cranky before you want to stop exploring your destination. Today we are going to look at some ways to try to keep the children happy on your vacation.
- I know it is often easiest to placate your children with screen time, like your phone, any time there is a lull in the action, but you might not want to do that. But you know how it is, the more they get it, the more they want it. Besides, this is a family vacation. You’re supposed to be doing things together.
- They are going to need guidance from you, no question, but let them make some of the decisions about your trip. This helps them get excited about things you’re doing. Let them pick some of what you do. Let them pick some of the restaurants you eat at.
- They are going to get tired. Everyone is doing things they don’t normally do. Even if your children never nap anymore, you’ll want to plan some downtime each day. You may want to put on a a movie on that everyone enjoys. This will also give you the excuse to nap as well, and what adult doesn’t like to nap on vacation.
- A couple on their own can decide to do whatever we want whenever they feel like it. But say you decide to go to the beach. Do you have sunscreen for everyone? Jesus are you prepared with drinks and snacks for everyone? Do your little ones have what they need to swim? And you will want to be prepared to swim even when you think it’s quite chilly. A lot of children love to swim and want to get into the water even when we adults think it’s ridiculous.
- You might also want to consider bringing along someone beside you and your spouse and your children. Vacations make perfect times for dates. Maybe you want to bring along another family, and kind of trade off who watches the kids, and who has couple’s time. Want to take someone who will want very little couple time? Take your parents.were
Let’s keep looking at some things you might want to do when you are planning your honeymoon.
- This is probably a time you should consider using a travel agent. This is a special trip, hopefully a once in a lifetime trip. You are going to want to make everything as nice as you possibly can. Travel agents know how to get the best deals for you. They will also know how to get the perks. Let a travel agent plan it, and that is one less thing That you will need to worry about.
- I said yesterday that you should talk about what you want to do on this special trip. That doesn’t mean that some surprises along the way wouldn’t be nice. You may wants to plan surprise massages, candlelit dinner, or breakfast in bed. Those type thing can be pretty romantic.
- This is a special trip, and one that most couples want to splurge on. You may want to set up a honeymoon registry. A honeymoon is a to make those special memories.
Your honeymoon may be trip you’ve dreamed of most of your life. This is an important trip, a trip where you and your new husband will be getting to know each other on a whole new level. Today let’s look at some ways to make sure it’s wonderful.
- You are going to want to decide where you want to go on your special trip as a couple. [If you’re a man that’s thinking of surprising your bride, please make sure to discuss her honeymoon dreams before you start your planning. You don’t want to plan something that is totally going to disappoint her, dowhen, do you?]
- What are some things you enjoy doing together as a couple? Does food and its preparation fascinate you? Do you like taking adventures together? Are you trying to do something luxurious? Is there a place that you’ve dreamed of going together? It is probably best if you start planning this trip soon after you agree to get married.
- Booking trips well in advance is One way to save a good bit of money. If you decide to get married, or put off your honeymoon, until early spring or any time in the fall, you are going to save even more.
- You are going to want some down time for sure. Weddings can get pretty stressful, especially if you are the one doing all the planning. The two of you may want to take time just to be together after the flurry of activity. Keep that in mind as you’re doing your planning of things you’ll want to do.
I have said over and over that anything might happen while you are on vacation. And obviously, the same can be said for life. When I talk about families, I am usually thinking of a husband and wife and their children. But everyone knows parents who are on their own because of a divorce. My family knows a woman whose husband was killed. She and her young daughter do a lot of traveling together. This post is for single parents.
- You are going to want to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row. Know where you are going to be staying. Does your hotel or resort have a shuttle from the airport? If not, you are going to want to figure that out before you leave.
- No one has to tell you that parenting is a full time job. You are going to want sometime with your children to be sure, but you are also going to want some down time too. That is what vacation is for, you know.
- If you don’t go somewhere that has childcare provided, you might want to consider taking a teen that might help you. Find one with a funny disposition, so that they won’t bring you down. Or you could consider bringing one of your adult friends to help you. And you can take turns watching your children.
If you and your family are still looking for that perfect summer vacation, you might want to consider cruising with Disney. From what I hear, these are top notch cruises, where you’ll be pampered your entire cruise. Now I have to say up front that cruising with Disney is going to cost more than a cruise with Carnival or Norwegian, but you are going to get a lot more bang for your buck. Let’s take a look.
And no, there is no such thing as a discounted Disney Cruise. Cruises give discounts when they are not getting enough passengers, and Disney never has that problem.
You are going to want to take one of these cruises while your children are between the ages of five and twelve, or when they’re crazy about Disney and their movies. Disney loves children. From the moment you step on board, your children will be greeted by Disney characters. Characters go on all of the ships. If I am remembering right, the story is that characters live at either Disney World or Disneyland, but they go on vacation, like you are, for cruises and such.
- They do have childcare for children under age three. You will be paying extra for children under three, please be aware of that. The nursery is staffed by well trained professionals. You are going to get reports on how your child did each day.
- When your child is three, you will be able to check on your child and how he is doing in the nursery by your cruise phone.
- Every person who works on one of these cruises is going to love kids. You’ll see it when you go to eat. You’ll see it when your room is being cleaned.
A lot of young people today don’t seem to like just going to the beach and laying around for seven days, especially if that’s what you do year after year. Most like exploring new places. Let’s look at some more destinations you might want to consider.
- Have you ever been to Rome? Maybe your family loves learning more about history. You can visit some of the coliseums, and maybe even the catacombs. If you are going to this city, you will also want to see the Vatican. You will also love their food.
- Is anyone among your party taken with the stars, as in Hollywood stars? Consider going to Los Angeles. Here is where you can see iconic places like Sunset Boulevard. For those that love the latest fashions, there is a lot of shopping you can do. And who knows, you might get to meet some of the stars themselves.
- Is your family maybe from Ireland? Ancestry travel is big these days. From everything I hear, Ireland is one of the greenest places you’ll ever see. You will also find a lot of great pubs.
- Did you know that there are more bars per capita in Madrid than in any other European city. There will be historic sites to explore. You will also find a lot of art.
- Go to San Francisco if you and your family would like to ride the cable cars, and see their Chinatown. They also have some interesting art you may want to see. And don’t forget to indulge in their seafood.
Maybe you are a young mother. You and your husband have two small children, and you want to know where your peers are going on vacation. Or maybe you have college students in your family that you would like to take on vacation. You are just unsure of where they might like to go. Today we are going to take a look at some destinations you just might like.
- With everyone crazy about Meghan Markle and her marriage to Prince Harry, what young person wouldn’t want to go to London? Most everyone would probably like to visit the palace. You are also going to get a taste of many different cultures here. This city also has a lot of free museums you might want to explore.
- Or maybe you would like to go to Paris. This is another city that will have a lot of fine art. You will want to take selfies at the famous Eifle Tower, if for no other reason than that every other young person does that. You will probably also find some nice vineyards to explore. And don’t forget to enjoy their many cafes.
- And what young person wouldn’t want to go to the Big Apple? Most would love to take in at least one Broadway show. You may also want to greet Lady Liberty. Times Square offers a lot in the way of shopping. And you will want to try real New York pizza.
Women are doing more and more traveling on their own. They might not have found their special someone yet. Or maybe they’re at a place in life where they can leave families for short periods of time. They may have some place they have always wanted to see. Or they might need to go somewhere on business.
- This may be a thing of the past since most everyone now has GPS, or maybe it isn’t such a thing of the past, but do you remember getting lost? If this is something that gives you trouble, take notes as you go. Remind yourself of landmarks along the way.
- When traveling by yourself, you might be wise to stay in one of the larger hotels in the middle of the city. This will make you less conspicuous. It may also help you make some friends while you are on your trip.
- Getting a nicer place may also cause you less worry when it comes to knowing what to do about dinner. It is probably best to do your traveling during the day while it is light outside. Having a restaurant, or more than one to choose from, is going to really help you. Some hotels are also going to have entertainment in the evenings.